Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Old 01-16-2013, 10:28 PM
flo's Avatar
flo flo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7,757
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Maybe this will help some:

Perfect, lol!

I needed a laugh after watching the staged presentation this morning. I think County Mike is right. There is already a response out on the internet by "anonymous" (of course, youtube stopped the viewcount). This whole thing is getting really creepy.
__________________
http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=339&dateline=13068036  43

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 01-17-2013, 03:25 AM
BradW BradW is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
New York passed new gun laws.

*sigh*

I just don't get it. The boy didn't legally have these guns to start with so how is a new law going to prevent this in the future?

Someone said this boy had tried to purchase a gun himself prior to this incident and couldn't legally get one. Well, there you go! These gun laws DO work, don't they?!

What would any law mean to someone who is about to kill other human beings?
if his mother hadn't been able to buy those guns legally then he wouldn't have
had those weapons.

just answering your question.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 01-17-2013, 04:41 AM
flo's Avatar
flo flo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7,757
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradW View Post
if his mother hadn't been able to buy those guns legally then he wouldn't have
had those weapons.

just answering your question.
He wouldn't have had those particular weapons but that sure wouldn't have stopped him. Guns laws will make not one whit of difference in stopping evil people from committing crimes. Do you doubt that he would have found guns elsewhere or if not that, other weapons?
__________________
http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=339&dateline=13068036  43

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 01-17-2013, 11:41 AM
BradW BradW is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
He wouldn't have had those particular weapons but that sure wouldn't have stopped him. Guns laws will make not one whit of difference in stopping evil people from committing crimes. Do you doubt that he would have found guns elsewhere or if not that, other weapons?
I have never said he wouldn't have tried to obtain guns some where else...I just think he would have
had a much harder time and why make it easy for him and people like him.

in Canada we have very little of this sort of thing happening compared to the US....no matter how you do your stats you guys are way out in front on this one.
and the only real difference between us and you guys is assault rifles and hand guns are
restrict to the point of it being very rare to find one in some ones hands legally.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 01-17-2013, 02:21 PM
Neezar's Avatar
Neezar Neezar is offline
SupaDupaMod
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: South
Posts: 6,490
Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradW View Post
if his mother hadn't been able to buy those guns legally then he wouldn't have
had those weapons.

just answering your question.
I have to agree with you there. It still baffles me as to why his mother decided to keep a gun like this around when her child was so troubled. Or any gun for that matter if he had access to them.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 01-17-2013, 02:54 PM
rearnakedchoke rearnakedchoke is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,591
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Perfect, lol!

I needed a laugh after watching the staged presentation this morning. I think County Mike is right. There is already a response out on the internet by "anonymous" (of course, youtube stopped the viewcount). This whole thing is getting really creepy.
jeez .. now i get it ... but i had to cheat ... LOL ... good one flo!!!!!!


and i think what obama has done is great ... anytime someone says gun control, people immediately go and say they are trying to take my guns away ... that isn't the case ... it just makes the pro-gun people look like lunatics with that talk ... and it also would help if someone from the pro-gun side who wasn't a moron would stand up and speak ... right now you have draft-dodging, pedophiles like ted nugent and a complete moron like alex jones doing all the talking ... really ... doesn't do the pro-gun side any justice!!!
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 01-17-2013, 03:24 PM
adamt adamt is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,511
Default

maybe it is all fake.....there are some very convincing arguments that it is just an elaborate hoax http://youtu.be/sIoPjfLnEFY

maybe the canadians decided they don't want to lie to their citizens and that is why they don't have these "mass shootings"

what do you know other than what you see on tv?

the same tv that can and does depict things so realistically it looks like they filmed it live

heck jurassic park could make the case that dinosaurs are real, who are we to say they aren't
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 01-17-2013, 03:33 PM
rearnakedchoke rearnakedchoke is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,591
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
maybe it is all fake.....there are some very convincing arguments that it is just an elaborate hoax http://youtu.be/sIoPjfLnEFY

maybe the canadians decided they don't want to lie to their citizens and that is why they don't have these "mass shootings"

what do you know other than what you see on tv?

the same tv that can and does depict things so realistically it looks like they filmed it live

heck jurassic park could make the case that dinosaurs are real, who are we to say they aren't
i said the same thing in another thread .... all of a sudden, this is an inside job so the gov't can take the guns away .... but the same people who say 9/11 was an inside job are morons right? i mean people said bush wanted to get iraqs oil or whatever .... seriously ... and man never landed on the moon ... what about those guys? seriously ... you can peel apart any situation and make it look like it never really happened ...
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 01-17-2013, 04:05 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,742
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
and i think what obama has done is great ...
Of course you do. Obama could take a crap on the sidewalk and you'd be raving about how amazing it was.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 01-17-2013, 04:08 PM
rearnakedchoke rearnakedchoke is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,591
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Of course you do. Obama could take a crap on the sidewalk and you'd be raving about how amazing it was.
it would probably have great balance, texture and that je ne sais quoi .. until the ss came along to scoop it up !!!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.