Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 01-11-2013, 01:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post

Okay. I changed my mind.

Yay!

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 01-11-2013, 05:47 AM

I truly believe this clip is something everyone should watch. In such a polarizing and unknown time, Travis' remarks and reflections on being an American really hit home with me. I know it's a bit long at 25 min, but hearing these words from a Marine Recon vet inspire and challenge me. God bless him and all those like him who have risked all for you and me:

Travis Haley Speaks on the Second Amendment and Reflections as an American:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=yIGzj6eIwWU
Old 01-11-2013, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Play The Man View Post
I suggest that you delete the video and hide your weapons because an Iowa legislator is proposing confiscation of semi-automatic rifles. http://dailycaller.com/2013/01/09/io...matic-weapons/

he's back peddling as fast as he can but the media doesn't report that, the iowa gop is already fundraising against him and doing well

here is the iowa gop blog about it with the whole 15 minute audio http://www.iowagop.org/dan-muhlbauer...omatic-weapons

personally i want them to come and try to take them, i'm about tired of being pushed around, i am thinking about sending the vid straight to the guy, i am fed up with tip toeing around, alot of people are ashamed and hide the fact that they have guns but i personally am not going to slink around and hope they don't know i have guns, as far as i am concerned i want my name at the top of the list and i want to be the first one they try to confiscate
Old 01-11-2013, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Imagine a scenario where a lunatic walks into a classroom and starts shooting. Then moves to the next classroom. If that teacher has access to a firearm he/she could act immediately when the lunatic comes in rather than waiting for the armed guard (or whoever) to arrive. If the guard is at the other end of the school, he might not even know what's happening until it's too late. Armed teachers might not prevent every murder, but I think they could at least reduce the number.

Of course, this would be for teachers who choose the option and are trained in the use and handling of a firearm. Best scenario, lunatic doesn't even enter school because he knows some of the staff are armed.
are you serious? more like a teacher goes postal cuz their wife left them (or husband), they are sick of their crappy pay and obnoxious kids ... and the principal just pissed them off one too many times ... they are more likely to use the guns on staff and kids than intruders ... LOL ...
Old 01-11-2013, 02:34 PM
Hailey's Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
are you serious? more like a teacher goes postal cuz their wife left them (or husband), they are sick of their crappy pay and obnoxious kids ... and the principal just pissed them off one too many times ... they are more likely to use the guns on staff and kids than intruders ... LOL ...
No they aren't. Don't believe the hype. Teachers have sweet jobs. Most of them get paid pretty well and they only work 180 days per year. For the mathematically challenged, that's less than half the time. Besides, we're talking about people who have already gone through the requirements to get a conceal carry license. If they were really going to snap and shoot up their classroom, they could still do it anyway. At least with additional armed teachers, someone could stop them.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
No they aren't. Don't believe the hype. Teachers have sweet jobs. Most of them get paid pretty well and they only work 180 days per year. For the mathematically challenged, that's less than half the time. Besides, we're talking about people who have already gone through the requirements to get a conceal carry license. If they were really going to snap and shoot up their classroom, they could still do it anyway. At least with additional armed teachers, someone could stop them.
sure ... whatever .. most shootings that happen in school (the ones that don't make the news) are targeted shootings so a student will bring in a gun just to shoot one kid or one teacher ... most of them are not going to be prevented by this ...
Old 01-11-2013, 02:56 PM

i don't know if this is the point of this thread ... so adam, sorry if this derails it .. yes, i know we are talking about guns ... but i wanna see more vids!!!
Old 01-11-2013, 03:06 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Please. How often do teachers shoot up their own schools because they've had a bad day and they suddenly "go postal"? I'm pretty sure the answer to that is never, because if anybody can get a gun into a school with the current laws, it's going to be a teacher. I understand you have no facts to support your point of view, but there is no need to go making up fairy tales.

You act like the presence of a gun turns normal people into raving lunatics who could snap at any second and become a danger to themselves and everyone around them. That's just typical anti-gun lunacy.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:09 PM
Administrator

Quote:
sure ... whatever .. most shootings that happen in school (the ones that don't make the news) are targeted shootings so a student will bring in a gun just to shoot one kid or one teacher ... most of them are not going to be prevented by this ...
You need to provide a source for a statement like that.

However, the knowledge that one or more of the faculty inside of the school might be armed would likely be a major deterrent towards the kinds of targeted shootings you mention.
Old 01-11-2013, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Please. How often do teachers shoot up their own schools because they've had a bad day and they suddenly "go postal"? I'm pretty sure the answer to that is never, because if anybody can get a gun into a school with the current laws, it's going to be a teacher. I understand you have no facts to support your point of view, but there is no need to go making up fairy tales.

You act like the presence of a gun turns normal people into raving lunatics who could snap at any second and become a danger to themselves and everyone around them. That's just typical anti-gun lunacy.
not very often .. i am not saying that .. teachers .. just like anyone .. can snap ... pre planning and snapping are different ... you don't hear teachers shooting up students cuz it doesn't happen that often .. i think imo, if teachers are armed, even if it is a few "responsible" ones, you have more chance of them using it out of rage, then stopping an intruder .. because honestly, there are not that many cases of intruders coming into schools that often ..

and i don't know how its antigun lunacy ... just because i think teachers shoudln't be armed? LOL