Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Old 01-07-2013, 07:26 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVEMAN1 View Post
Hey Dave, just curious..........how are the Muslim communities reacting to this? Especially where Sharia law is declared?
Well there is no Sharia in England...but I cant imagine they are happy.

Its gotten worse...last month they voted and said Women couldnt be Bishops...now they have said that openly homosexual males CAN be Male, EVEN IF they are in a Civil Union, so long as they are "Chaste"

How does one GET INTO a Civil Union, if one is being Celebate in the first place isnt that one huge paradox in all this.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Well there is no Sharia in England...but I cant imagine they are happy.

Its gotten worse...last month they voted and said Women couldnt be Bishops...now they have said that openly homosexual males CAN be Male, EVEN IF they are in a Civil Union, so long as they are "Chaste"

How does one GET INTO a Civil Union, if one is being Celebate in the first place isnt that one huge paradox in all this.
There is no Sharia law declared in England? Ran across this article, which made me ask the question:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-16522447
Old 01-07-2013, 07:54 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
There is no Sharia law declared in England? Ran across this article, which made me ask the question:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-16522447
Those are not Legal Courts in terms of recognition. England has been tollerant of private courts for religious affaires governing themselves so long as they dont apply their laws to others, BUT its no more then a verbal contract...in theory if you were a muslim and this private court didnt settle in your favour, you could go to the real courts to prevent you from harm...does that make sense?

it was originally a Jewish thing, and as England basically turned a blind eye to it, the Muslims wanted to do the same...but its not full Sharia...its only Civil Law...because anything more would contravene British Law which obviously cant be tollerated..

...unless you listen to the Archbishop of Canterbury...who thinks Sharia should be fully implemented, but only govern the Muslims of course...sucks if your a homosexual muslim I suppose
Old 01-07-2013, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Those are not Legal Courts in terms of recognition. England has been tollerant of private courts for religious affaires governing themselves so long as they dont apply their laws to others, BUT its no more then a verbal contract...in theory if you were a muslim and this private court didnt settle in your favour, you could go to the real courts to prevent you from harm...does that make sense?

it was originally a Jewish thing, and as England basically turned a blind eye to it, the Muslims wanted to do the same...but its not full Sharia...its only Civil Law...because anything more would contravene British Law which obviously cant be tollerated..

...unless you listen to the Archbishop of Canterbury...who thinks Sharia should be fully implemented, but only govern the Muslims of course...sucks if your a homosexual muslim I suppose
Thanks for clarifying. When I originally read that I thought, WOW that can't be good for gay people. Heck, drunks and druggies as well..... Sharia Muslims would conduct hangings.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:20 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Thanks for clarifying. When I originally read that I thought, WOW that can't be good for gay people. Heck, drunks and druggies as well..... Sharia Muslims would conduct hangings.
I'd hazzard a guess that in central cities...against their own people, they may still be very tempted....if these private courts hold sway amoung the general population of muslims...and I dont know how well put together their networks are...one could easily see an islamic offender being...well...have you ever heard of the word Fatwa.

If someone is respected enough in Islam they can make a death threat, publically towards someone they feel deserves it under Sharia, and everyone of the Faithful are permitted and encouraged to carry out their bidding...in that way, it has a horrible, almost, fraternal side to it, especially when its underground in private courts...you would never know who was a member....and, if you were a Member, you might suddenly find that it was viewed as part of your code of loyalty to carry out such a threat.

In major Islamic Countries, these issues are not limited to followers of Islam either, they could be pronounced against anyone, and any Muslim, anywhere, in theory could carry out the threat.

Underground, this religion doesnt act like a Religion...it acts like a secret society, or a Brotherhood...its like an Evil Opus Dei or something or a sour masonic lodge, where male members...and I have to say it becomes more obvious when viewed like this, why their is so much disparagy between gender...perhaps the idea that women are "oppressed" is a western interpretation, because westerners may not understand that the demands on the gender may be equally as oppressive...but different.

Whilst the woman is at home, with the family...perhaps you oughta be asking what the head of the household is up to?