Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 01-07-2013, 03:46 AM

"hunting and sporting clause" - brilliant! good on that Marine...
Old 01-07-2013, 04:08 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by huan View Post
"hunting and sporting clause" - brilliant! good on that Marine...
I particularly liked "an unconstitutional law isn't a law".
Old 01-07-2013, 03:01 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

-Then why didn't he want that for us?

He didnt want the British Crown for America because it failed in its duty to the collonies. King George appeared to be lapse on everything to do with supporting the collonies in America, he took his time giving his final stamp of approval, for example, to local laws, without which, they couldnt be enforced, leaving the Collonies unable to adjudicate on a local level. But King George had no quarms about ensuring what the collonies owed the Empire was paid in full, promptly, and disproportionatley.

What King George did was quite bizzare, considering that he acknowledged ultimate responsibilities for the Collonies, why would he not wish to send delegates to help them, or meet with them when they sent delegations across to England. Why, if they were part of the Empire, were they barred from representation in Westminster Palace? They had a right to feel abandoned and insulted

There are two answers to the above. The first being that King George was clincally insane. The second is that King George was very angry with the American Collonies for what he saw as Tretcherous trade with the French in the pacific....Rather then take the Americans to task for trading with a country that the Empire was officially at war with, George decided just to be as difficult as possible. George Washington understood this, why do you think in the declaration of Independance, the Examples of what Constitutes a "Free State" include the ability to declaire war and peace, and the ability to trade with who they wish? The inclusion of those two things are manifest truth, that even whilst George Washington pretends to be a victim of the Empires careless leaders...he also knows EXACTLY what he has done to provoke that responce. He has declared a truce with the French, He has traded with the French....Even in the days post Empire, that sort of treason would not be tollerated....when George Bush launched his War On Terror...it wasnt just those who were terrorists, OR those who were sympathetic...it was any Nation that had Terrorists within their own jurisdication

The truth is, they are both correct. The Collonies had the right to be treated like any other entity within the Empire, and the Empire had the right to expect members not to be aiding their enemies at the time of war.

There was no general consensus that disolving alliances would remove the ideal of Monarchy, until George Washington himself refused. The Collonies, knowing no different, would obviously instigate their own King. One Man chose not to continue with Monarchy...its not a case that all of America wanted to be absent of a Monarch...they just either wanted the British Crown to do its job...or to leave them alone, because they found it quite intollerable to be in a state of Limbo on a political level...they couldnt decree laws, they couldnt pass sentances...how were they to run the collonies at all on that basis?

What's your point? Is anyone here advocating any kind of abolition for your monarchy?

Of Course. Havent you heard Denise....The right to have a Gun isnt a Right installed by a Government...its a Right installed by GOD...therefore any nation that opposes it, opposes GOD. Any one who does that is a Tyrant to their people for not allowing them their GOD-Given Rights...and is a Fraud. Anyone who says Guns are GODs Right to a man, by default, are condemning my Monarchy as being oppressive of those rights...and what are Americans to do when they encounter such things?

Liberate them of course...so that they too may be Free...Either the Constitution is absolute and applies to the WHOLE EARTH, OR it is just another Man-Made, Governmental Law System.....Several on here have refused to say that the Congress of the 1880s was Responsible for these Rights...no, no...these are not created by Government...these are absolute truths, GOD Given...that every man should be able to protect his family...so says NateR, that these are natural, self evident truths, so says some other. No Creations of a Government, even if put down by them to protect future generations from themself.

You should read of some of the venom spewed by our leaders (in public forums) at the time. No one here has come close to matching the hatred towards parliment and the king that was felt by those men.

I suppose thats something that would have to be analysed on a case by case basis. Obviously a nation at war with another, is not going to speak kindly of them...but a Just Nation does not produce treason...and endlessly we go back to WTF did the American Collonies think they were doing in trading with France when the Empire was at war with France? For a Society based on Loyalty to the Crown...you can easily see why King George would not be ammused...it would be like Guam helpping Iran to build Nuclear Weapons...how would your Government react, if one of its states, during the War on Iraq...decided that perhaps they could just do a little trade with Saddam??? Would they not find themselves out of favour with the Federal Government? Shunned?? then they too might find themselves in a state of Tyrany, where they cant make peace with who they like...Saddam, and they cant trade with who they like...Saddam...and isnt that a GOD given right of any free state??

If I was King George I would never have let it get that far in the first place. I would have enforced law and order in the Collonies, or I would have cut them off when they were unable to fend for themselves. You wouldnt have found me waiting for them to complain that we treated them poorly coz they acted like traitors...and then see me sacrifice men to fight for a bit of land full of people who openly act out high treason. Nope...I would have gutted the french and then watched to see America wither without its non British support...and then when they had repented, and the leaders had gone...I would accept them back into the Empire...of course I would never had excluded them from Westminster in the first place...So perhaps they wouldnt have bothered to go trade with the French because they would feel valued and like their voices were heard...but King George was mentally unwell...and probably unable to reason like that. The best place for the Collonies would be in Parliament...how else would you maintain control over them You need your willing subjects to be near you, so you know what they are up to...George probably didnt even know what was going on in the collonies half the time...thats just...stupid...if you own them...its like having a back garden but never going out the back door
Old 01-07-2013, 06:22 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
Liar, liar
pants on fire

LOL. Yeah, Dave in incapable of staying out of an argument, even when it's clear that he doesn't know what he's talking about and we stop responding to him because all he is doing is embarrassing himself by his display of absolute ignorance.