Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 01-03-2013, 05:00 AM

PTM's new interest in kitchen accessories...

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 01-03-2013, 05:03 AM

On a related note, a friend of mine posted this link the other day. I found it to be the best thing I've read about the whole gun debate. It's long but well worth the time, for anyone interested.

Larry Correia on gun control

Old 01-03-2013, 04:17 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

I never said that we didnt have gun crime....but its been a while since anyone killed more then ten people in a shooting spree in this country...let alone children in a school.

I've discovered a country with almost no firearms restrictions period...Thailand...Where firearm murder gives you only two years in prison

We had a guy in his twenties, out having a new years eve party, caught in crossfire of some local dissagreement...aparently everyone gets their guns out all the time across their...in the same manner as we might give one the finger...they point a gun...anyway, he was killed.

I guess I should scrub that from my holiday list
Old 01-03-2013, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
On a related note, a friend of mine posted this link the other day. I found it to be the best thing I've read about the whole gun debate. It's long but well worth the time, for anyone interested.

Larry Correia on gun control
Excellent read, Flo, thanks for posting the link. It is long, but very informative, definitely well worth taking the time to read. He covers a lot and makes it simple to understand. He convinced me why it's a good idea to train our teachers and allow them to conceal and carry in our schools.

Last edited by Bonnie; 01-03-2013 at 06:52 PM.
Old 01-03-2013, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
I never said that we didnt have gun crime....but its been a while since anyone killed more then ten people in a shooting spree in this country...let alone children in a school.

I've discovered a country with almost no firearms restrictions period...Thailand...Where firearm murder gives you only two years in prison

We had a guy in his twenties, out having a new years eve party, caught in crossfire of some local dissagreement...aparently everyone gets their guns out all the time across their...in the same manner as we might give one the finger...they point a gun...anyway, he was killed.

I guess I should scrub that from my holiday list
In the link Flo posted, England is mentioned, as well as Australia and South Africa, all countries with gun bans:

Quote:
So then we’ve got England, where they reacted swiftly after a mass shooting, banned and confiscated guns, and their violent crime has since skyrocketed. Their stats are far worse than Australia, and they are now one of the more dangerous countries to live in the EU. Once again, cursory Google search will show articles with the stats, and other articles saying that those rises like totally have nothing to do with regular folks no longer being able to defend themselves… Sensing a trend yet?
Old 01-03-2013, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
On an unrelated note, PTM, I think I found a pic of you online:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Excellent read, Flo, thanks for posting the link. It is long, but very informative, definitely well worth taking the time to read. He covers a lot and makes it simple to understand. He convinced me why it's a good idea to train our teachers and allow them to conceal and carry in our schools.
Thanks, Bon. I took the time to read it as well and was glad I did. It makes a lot of sense and is based on his experience, NOT emotion or political ideology.

Old 01-03-2013, 11:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Thanks, Bon. I took the time to read it as well and was glad I did. It makes a lot of sense and is based on his experience, NOT emotion or political ideology.
I was just watching Bret Baier's show and Tucker Carlson said he talked with a high-up Republican last night who said Republicans (not sure how many) are prepared to vote on a gun ban. Unfortunately I think politics and not careful reasoning is driving this train. Like the author states, banning and confiscating guns from law-abiding citizens does nothing to keep them out of the hands of criminals.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:44 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
I am not comfortable with that idea. I work with teachers (). I am all for having an armed police officer in each school.

(Can you imagine teachers with pms and dealing with kids all day?! And then they have a gun! ) No way!

We had a professor go on a shooting spree at the university here in our city because she didn't get her tenure.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
I am not comfortable with that idea. I work with teachers (). I am all for having an armed police officer in each school.

(Can you imagine teachers with pms and dealing with kids all day?! And then they have a gun! ) No way!

We had a professor go on a shooting spree at the university here in our city because she didn't get her tenure.
My first choice is to have experienced armed police/security in schools, but if that's not possible, then the teachers/staff are the first line of defense for these kids, "speed bumps" as the author calls them.

Remembering all those little faces, I wish those women at Newtown had been armed and able to shoot him first.
Old 01-06-2013, 08:56 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post

On that line of logic, you could say exactly the same about any parent with Children. First time obedience anyone

mindue...also on the line I think you would have to ban industrial compactors...we have one at work...and my goodness, the temptation to remove a manager or two... I used to work with all the waste, and it was always the more...stringent...managers who dealt with that area, obviously on the basis of the cost of losses and all that....Just a small push at the most inopportune moment...

Thing is...you cant conceal carry an industrial compactor since they are about the size of a small truck...its not a method you could kill someone 1) by accident, 2) in a blind rage. I get that you can use almost anything as a weapon to kill someone with...but guns and knives do seem to be the most easy...and the most transportable...if its available in a moment where you are blind with rage, wouldnt it be too...well tempting I suppose?

I think it makes Suicide too easy also, when people, maybe only for a short time, are not in their right mind....In England, killing yourself isnt as easy as you might think...people tend to throw themselves infront of tube trains...Shooting yourself might be quick and painless presumably...but hanging yourself...well...that might actually be something you cant do on the spur of the moment....having said that, you'd then have to ban all painkillers...coz thats how people do it over here...they overdose on medication and just hope they dont wake up. The time it takes to plan and get the resources can be life saving if people come to their sences...the time it takes to shoot yourself with a gun you already own doesnt allow for that.