Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 12-24-2012, 01:02 PM
Super Moderator

Default Fired for being irresistible....

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...is-devastated/

I'm sure most of you have seen this on the news. The dental assistant was fired because the dentist was afraid he would have an affair with her. I think it's unfair that she got fired but I can't blame the dentist for wanting to safeguard his marriage. At first I couldn't decide who I should side with but after reading more about it, the assistant was inappropriate at times in her text messages and conversations and allowed the dentist to also be inappropriate. I now firmly side with the dentist's wife who demanded she be fired and the dentist who decided to seek pastoral advice and fired his assistant. It sucks that she will now have to find a new job in these uncertain times but I can't blame the guy who did the right thing by his wife.

Thoughts?

~Amy

My son made this for me:
Old 12-24-2012, 03:41 PM

major kudos to the dentist, there is no need to put yourself in a bad situation like that

if more people wouldn't set themselves up to fail, then they wouldn't!!
the dentist is just trying to set himself up for success, shame on the woman for making a federal case out of it
Old 12-24-2012, 03:49 PM

I think it's wrong. He's been working with her for 10.5 years, and he's only firing her because his wife caught him for what he had been doing. If his wife hadn't caught him, he wouldn't have fired her.

Its even worse that other men in a judicial standing said he could fire her for nothing she did wrong at all. It's pathetic.

Maybe he should learn to love his wife, and stop fooling around. Firing someone because you can't control your own urges. What a sick and pathetic excuse of a man. I hope his life gets turned upside down. I hope people that went to him before decide to find someone with better character.
Old 12-24-2012, 04:21 PM
Administrator

I think the doctor has shown a rare level of integrity that we just don't see these days. So I applaud him, even though he likely should have fired her much earlier.

What's that old saying? It takes two to tango? It doesn't take much for a woman to shoot a man down, so obviously she was participating in the inappropriate behavior as well.

Of course, this is going to be twisted into some kind of "gender-bias" issue, which is bullcrap. It's not a matter of one being completely right and the other being completely wrong. I'm sure they were both wrong in some way. I think the dentist did the right thing... eventually. But, he should have never allowed the situation to progress as far as it did.

Also, aren't the constant observations that the judges were "all male" a form of gender bias on their own? I think the implication that male judges are incapable of being impartial in a case like this is the real "gender bias" in this story.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I think the doctor has shown a rare level of integrity that we just don't see these days. So I applaud him, even though he likely should have fired her much earlier.

What's that old saying? It takes two to tango? It doesn't take much for a woman to shoot a man down, so obviously she was participating in the inappropriate behavior as well.

Of course, this is going to be twisted into some kind of "gender-bias" issue, which is bullcrap. It's not a matter of one being completely right and the other being completely wrong. I'm sure they were both wrong in some way. I think the dentist did the right thing... eventually. But, he should have never allowed the situation to progress as far as it did.

Also, aren't the constant observations that the judges were "all male" a form of gender bias on their own? I think the implication that male judges are incapable of being impartial in a case like this is the real "gender bias" in this story.
I don't think he has any integrity at all. If he did, he wouldn't have been "cheating" on his wife. He's a cheater. This guys wife caught him, and that was the end of it. He'll do it again, probably elsewhere, but he will.

How is penalizing others for your mistakes promoting any type of integrity? He's saying she was fired for her inappropriate behavior, but all we really see is the behavior he was doing. What was inappropriate that she did?

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs...opstories.html

Last edited by F34R; 12-24-2012 at 06:59 PM.
Old 12-24-2012, 08:05 PM

why would he need ANY reason to fire her?? Was she under contract?? what's it the supreme courts business anyway. he is a private person, he can hire and fire who he wants for whatever reason he wants. he should be able to fire her if she is a woman as long as he is not breaking a contract with her.

if i hire a drug dealer for 10 years then all of a sudden i get the urge to do drugs, i should be able to fire him to distance myself from my new temptation
Old 12-24-2012, 08:25 PM

Honestly, HE didn't need any reason. His at home boss, the wife he was cheating on, told him to fire the woman. He wasn't going to fire her at all.
Old 12-24-2012, 11:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
I don't think he has any integrity at all. If he did, he wouldn't have been "cheating" on his wife. He's a cheater. This guys wife caught him, and that was the end of it. He'll do it again, probably elsewhere, but he will.

How is penalizing others for your mistakes promoting any type of integrity? He's saying she was fired for her inappropriate behavior, but all we really see is the behavior he was doing. What was inappropriate that she did?

http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs...opstories.html
If he cheated on his wife with her (which is something that I did not know), the he definitely needs to distance himself from her as much as possible.

Again, she's married too, so she would have cheated on her husband. Did she really want to continue to work for a man that she had committed adultery with?

However, as far as I knew, their relationship had never reached a physical level. It was only at the flirting stage.

Also, if this man's wife was uncomfortable with the woman working for her husband, then it was his duty as a husband to terminate her employment.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
If he cheated on his wife with her (which is something that I did not know), the he definitely needs to distance himself from her as much as possible.

Again, she's married too, so she would have cheated on her husband. Did she really want to continue to work for a man that she had committed adultery with?

However, as far as I knew, their relationship had never reached a physical level. It was only at the flirting stage.

Also, if this man's wife was uncomfortable with the woman working for her husband, then it was his duty as a husband to terminate her employment.
No, they didn't have sex.. but what he was doing was considered cheating in my book. Making advances to her they way that he reported it going. Why does he have to get her away? Why can't he control himself? I mean, really... if he gets her out of the picture, it's just a matter of time before it's someone else. Also, remember, he ONLY fired her because the wife caught him. So, he has no respect, or integrity. That woman says she never had anything to do with the progress he says that he has going towards an affair.

Basically, the wife of this guy is going to have to keep him in the house to try and keep him from doing what he was already trying to do.
I don't consider flirting as cheating. He was beyond flirting. If hes asking her about sex, her orgasms, talking about his "bulging pants", that's not flirting.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:35 AM

He can fire her I guess ... But she can also sue for wrongful dismissal .... And she'll win ... And I hope she wins big ... Which she probably will ... So when she gets a few years salary and will probably get another job ... She'll be laughing! He'll still be scum