Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 12-13-2012, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavetar View Post
Gotta be either Frankie Edgar or Jon 'Smoke Break' Fitch.
"Jon 'Smoke Break' Fitch" would Kick Nicks @$$ any day and if he fought Hendricks again he would beat him too. Just saying
Old 12-14-2012, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
"Jon 'Smoke Break' Fitch" would Kick Nicks @$$ any day and if he fought Hendricks again he would beat him too. Just saying
And they would both be by decision, which was the question being asked
Old 12-14-2012, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
"Urban Dictionary" actually has that as a "term". That's a shame!
No, that's hilarious! I saw it in an article once, didn't realize it had blown up so big, lol.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavetar View Post
No, that's hilarious! I saw it in an article once, didn't realize it had blown up so big, lol.

Quote:
Urban Dictionary:

Smokebreak Fitch

A term used to describe what it is like to watch UFC fighter Jon Fitch fight. He is both incredibly successful and mind numbingly boring, due to his controlling wrestling and grinding down style of fighting.

An incredible athlete, yet hasn't won as many fans as his more exciting welterweight counterparts.

Although Fitch cares little for these minor details as he would not be nearly as successful should he not employ these tactics. Many mixed martial arts fans believe Fitch's style of fighting to be predictable and rudimentary, so much so they would rather pass the time during his fight having a break.
This recess is generally spent doing things like stocking up on food or beers, having a smoke(hence smokebreak), draining the lizard, parking a buick, rubbing one out, skinning up a hooter, going on a rant, starting a bar fight with a Jon Fitch fan(careful with this as he may try and wrestle you for a full fifteen minutes), trimming you're nails or any other mundane activity.

Last edited by Bonnie; 12-14-2012 at 07:23 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 02:29 PM

well .. its official ... gsp vs diaz, rory vs condit and ellenberger vs hendricks ... good nite of ww fights ... they should make the ellenberger/hendricks fight the main event ..... so its a 5 rounder ... but i'd rather the rory/condit fight be a 5 rounder ...
Old 12-17-2012, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
well .. its official ... gsp vs diaz, rory vs condit and ellenberger vs hendricks ... good nite of ww fights ... they should make the ellenberger/hendricks fight the main event ..... so its a 5 rounder ... but i'd rather the rory/condit fight be a 5 rounder ...
I don't know, we're already going to have one five-rounder with Georges, it might make for a looong night if you made the other two five-rounders too. If only we could make Georges' fight a 3-rounder.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:59 PM

Quote:
I don't know, we're already going to have one five-rounder with Georges, it might make for a looong night if you made the other two five-rounders too. If only we could make Georges' fight a 3-rounder.
well .. gsp has had 6, 5 round unanimous decisions and 3 of those have been fight of the night .. and he technically won all 15 of those fight of the night rounds ... so i guess what you may find boring .. others and the ufc find them exciting one-sided beat downs ... and this will probably sell many ppvs .. so i am not too worried!!!
Old 12-17-2012, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
well .. gsp has had 6, 5 round unanimous decisions and 3 of those have been fight of the night .. and he technically won all 15 of those fight of the night rounds ... so i guess what you may find boring .. others and the ufc find them exciting one-sided beat downs ... and this will probably sell many ppvs .. so i am not too worried!!!
No where did I use the word "boring". His last fight wasn't boring, and his face looked like he got a beatdown!

I just meant if we could shorten Georges fight down to 3 rounds, I wouldn't mind making the other two 5-rounds. But, hey, maybe one of them will knock the other one out before it gets past the 3rd round. That would shorten things!
Old 12-17-2012, 09:06 PM

Quote:
No where did I use the word "boring". His last fight wasn't boring, and his face looked like he got a beatdown!

I just meant if we could shorten Georges fight down to 3 rounds, I wouldn't mind making the other two 5-rounds. But, hey, maybe one of them will knock the other one out before it gets past the 3rd round. That would shorten things!
i guess what i meant to say is that i'd take watching 5 rounds of gsp fighting over three rounds knowing that the chances of it being fight of the night, or another award is pretty high .. he's one "of the nite" honours in about 5 of his 12 fights since they started giving out awards .. .so if he's gonna fight 5 rounds .. i'd love to see it!!!!!
Old 12-20-2012, 09:17 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
By next opponent you mean Victim ?

GSP would F#$% both if them up regardless so its just a matter of time.
War DIAZ!!