Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 12-16-2012, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
no you really don't have to show your use for 200 pounds of fertilizer, there are all kinds of people that buy 3 or four bags of fertilizer and don't show an end use for it, many peoples yards get more fertilizer than that every year, all he would have to do is tell someone it is for his yard, a 200 pound fertilizer bomb is more than big enough to kill a few dozen people-------------and again you are the one arguing that if he didn't have guns he couldn't kill people

i don't personally own a plane, but i know where some are he didn't have a small plane but if he could steal an assault rifle then why couldn't he steal a small plane

he was using guns he stole from his mother and bought illegally on someone elses license

maybe we could ban drugs? maybe that would stop our drug problem

yes, you have really got me cornered on my hunting rifle argument
those kids are more dead because they were shot 3-11 times instead of just once and you know that if he was reloading his hunting rifle those kids would have jumped him and taken him down, so i guess they didn't have a chance because he didn't have to reload that often that's a great argument!! lets make the bad guys use low capacity magazines so that the kids will have a chance to jump them when they reload
why do you think 6 and 7 year olds would jump him and take him down while he was reloading when in fact all they would have to do is run ?

yes maybe his mother had a plane in the garage...

if you really think you could blow up that school with 3 or 4 bags of fertilizer then i have some ocean front property in North Dakota id like to sell you.

in the end i see that you are right...assault weapons are in no way at all part of the problem in the USA when it comes to the slaughter of defenseless children in a situation like this...

it will be a comforting for people to know that even if there were absolutely no semi automatic weapons at all at his mothers place that all these children were going to die that day anyway,and many many more if he would have used a plane or a fertilizer bomb...at the end of the day we should just be thankful that his mothers guns were so easily accessible.

Last edited by BradW; 12-16-2012 at 10:20 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:10 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradW View Post
do you really think assault rifles are going to protect you from your government ?
one of the most lethal killing machines in the world is run by your government....you and your assault rifles wouldn't stand a chance...but feel free to dream on just the same.
Yeah, that's what everyone told the Revolutionaries in colonial times. They were completely outgunned and outclassed by the British military; but America won its independence just the same.

Quote:
lol...where do i get my information from ?...the news like most people...other then you though it seems....lol.
Oh, I thought you were actually going to provide a link to a news story, so that we could all read it and share this information. But instead it seems that you're only here to start a fight and insult anyone who disagrees with you.

Maybe you should allow us time to mourn and time to process this tragedy, before getting on here and pushing all of your anti-gun opinions. Your attitude is very disrespectful so I think you need a few days to cool off.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:25 AM

Quote:
if you really think you could blow up that school with 3 or 4 bags of fertilizer then i have some ocean front property in North Dakota id like to sell you.
did he kill everyone in the school or just one classroom, he could have accompolished what he did with a couple hundred pounds of fertilizer,

i didn't say he would blow up the whole school, but then again he didn't shoot everyone in the school either did he

gun control is no part of the answer, doing away with public schools is more of a legitimate answer than is gun control, locking away every pyscho is more of a legitimate answer

gun control= effective as drug control
Old 12-17-2012, 02:27 AM

Old 12-17-2012, 05:48 AM
Administrator

Looks like the President is vowing to do everything within his power to prevent another shooting like this. That's kind of worrisome. For one, it's not his job. This is something that should be handled at the local law enforcement level first, then it should go no higher than the state level. The federal government has no business getting involved and trying to write laws to prevent disturbed people from doing disturbing things.

Did anyone else read or hear any reports stating that the shooter was autistic? I've also heard that the early reports of his mother being a former teacher at the school were false.
Old 12-17-2012, 12:48 PM

i saw he had aspergers, which i guess is a mild form of autism

but i know people who claiim their child has asperger's and the reality was that all their child had was lack of aswoopins,

i think it would make as much sense to bann all people with aspergers

i also saw that the media had alot of stuff wrong and social media didn't help either, for a long time they were reporting it was his older brother that did it, talk about libel and slander
Old 12-17-2012, 01:10 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

I can't believe how many people are blaming the mom.
Old 12-17-2012, 01:21 PM

very sad indeeed .. imo its too late to ban guns .. there are way too many ... and it makes the gov't a lot of money ... plus, its not the guns .. its the culture ...
Old 12-17-2012, 01:21 PM
SupaDupaMod

Here is an article:

http://news.yahoo.com/gunmans-mother...010414000.html

A few comments that stood out to me.

Quote:
California resident Ryan Kraft told KCAL-TV in Los Angeles that when he was a teenager he lived a few doors down from the Lanza family and used to babysit Adam Lanza, then nine or 10 years old. He said the boy "struck me as an introverted kid."

"His mom Nancy had always instructed me to keep an eye on him at all times, never turn my back or even go to the bathroom or anything like that. Which I found odd but I really didn't ask; it wasn't any of my business," said Kraft, who lives in Hermosa Beach. "But looking back at it now, I guess there was something else going on."
?

You babysat this kid in your home and didn't ask mom to elaborate on this comment?

You dumbass. lol

Quote:
Lanza also began telling friends that she'd bought guns and had taken up target shooting, John Tambascio said.

All three of the guns that Adam Lanza carried into Sandy Hook Elementary were owned and registered by his mother a pair of handguns and a .223-caliber Bushmaster rifle, his primary weapon.

Investigators said Sunday that Nancy Lanza visited shooting ranges several times and that her son also visited an area range.

Quote:
At Newtown High School, Adam Lanza was often having crises that only his mother could defuse.

"He would have an episode, and she'd have to return or come to the high school and deal with it," said Richard Novia, the school district's head of security until 2008, who got to know the family because both Lanza sons joined the school technology club he chartered.

Novia said Adam Lanza would sometimes withdraw completely "from whatever he was supposed to be doing," whether it was sitting in class or reading a book.

Adam Lanza "could take flight, which I think was the big issue, and it wasn't a rebellious or defiant thing," Novia said. "It was withdrawal."

The club gave the boy a place where he could be more at ease and indulge his interest in computers. His anxieties appeared to ease somewhat, but they never disappeared. When people approached him in the hallways, he would press himself against the wall or walk in a different direction, clutching tight to his black briefcase.
First, if all this is true, I am shocked that she took him to a firing range.

Secondly, I would like to know if she had the guns in a safe and if he had access to it.

And if all of the above is true then I don't see how this comment can even begin to make sense:
Quote:
Marsha Lanza described Nancy Lanza as a good mother.

"If he had needed consulting, she would have gotten it," Marsha Lanza said. "Nancy wasn't one to deny reality."
Oh he clearly "needed".
Old 12-17-2012, 01:23 PM
SupaDupaMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
very sad indeeed .. imo its too late to ban guns .. there are way too many ... and it makes the gov't a lot of money ... plus, its not the guns .. its the culture ...
I have to agree with this.

If you restrict guns with laws then you only restrict the law abiding citizens. Not the bad guys and not the crazies.

We need to do something. But I don't think gun restriction will help at this point.