Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 12-09-2012, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Sleep well!

I can't remember, have you always disliked BJ? Do you think this is it for BJ?
Yeah i have bonnie hes always rubbed me the wrong way. And yeah I think he's done.
Old 12-09-2012, 07:16 AM

Benson has to be the worst UFC champ ever even worst than Cruz
Old 12-09-2012, 08:06 AM

Thanks for posting these, Bon. I thought they were a good night of fights too but I was sorry to see Shogun and BJ lose as they did.

Adam, for once I was booing along with the audience at MacDonald. He was a d@#$ for disrespecting BJ that way, shuffling around, acting like Spider did with Maia. I was disgusted by that, I think Rogan was too as he dismissed what MacDonald said post-fight about Condit and said "let's talk about the present", or something to that effect. I'll never root for the guy after his performance tonight. (And sorry, Bonnie, I kept calling him Gustafson, oops).

Like Kevin said, he always seems arrogant and disrespectful, or just psycho.

OTOH, I totally enjoyed seeing Nate Diaz get his a$$ kicked. Also loved the Matt Brown win, wow. Nice one, two.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 12-09-2012, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
did you notice they cut out to an outside view of the stadium, several times actually, right during and only during nate's fight. That wasn't techincal error, everytime that happened that was when nate was on the ground and shoving his middle in bendo's face

if you noticed on the intros that when they were introducing bj penn, half of the audio was cut out, that was neither an accident nor your tv reception, if you notice behind bj penn, the guy in the shades kept hollering the whole time, and it is clear he is saying motherf!@#$% and when ever he stopped saying it, the audio blipped back in, then it would blip out when he used the f word. you can pretty well guarantee that all those audio "difficulties/gaps" were censorship, not technical issues

there might not be a good way to solve that problem though.

as for rory, he was getting booed well before the end of the fight, it was happening at the start, so i didn't know if there was some history or not--- other than he's canadian
Thanks, Adam, I wondered what the heck was happening there. Dana needs to lay down the law, now that the UFC is on primetime FOX cable.

I missed Rory's entrance but everyone here in WA I know likes Canada so it's not that, he's just an a$$hat.

Old 12-09-2012, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
What? Are you serious? I thought his fight tonight exceeded the average daily requirement for AWESOMENESS.

Old 12-09-2012, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Thanks, Adam, I wondered what the heck was happening there. Dana needs to lay down the law, now that the UFC is on primetime FOX cable.

I missed Rory's entrance but everyone here in WA I know likes Canada so it's not that, he's just an a$$hat.
i hadn't been following alot lately, so i was happy to see someone with such potential as rory, unfortunately i was afraid of what you all just informed me that he is just a jerk and people knew it coming into the fight, oh well
Old 12-09-2012, 01:35 PM

Great night of fights! Not so great on my predictions though

Javi, not sure what your problem with Ben Henderson is...I thought he did a great job shutting Nate down, and it was a very entertaining fight. In fact, I think when GSP fights Nick, it'll look much the same.

Rory did the Q&A at the weigh-ins in Montreal and he was funny and engaging with the crowd, and seemed like a nice guy. He does have that 'dead eye' look though...not sure if he's just supremely confident in his abilities and nothing bothers him, or if he maybe is a little psycho, lol. Either way, it would freak me out if I were across the ring from him. I wasn't impressed with his shuffling either, but hey, he's 23 and maybe not the brightest bulb on the tree. I'd really like to see him fight Condit again.

Matt Brown looked great against Swick, that one really surprised me.

Anyone else wonder how on earth Abel Trujillo makes 155? He looks like a 185'er. I thought Gleison Tibau was as big as a lightweight could get...guess I was wrong!
Old 12-09-2012, 02:22 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
How come?

I would have liked to see him try earlier in the fight to finish...but you cant say that he was fighting a safe fight at all, plenty of action...he controlled from the standing position not just the ground...

I think he did very well indeed...infact he was my Man of the Card
Old 12-09-2012, 02:46 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4KvFgTEl_0

Here is my recap video
Old 12-09-2012, 02:56 PM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
Yeah i have bonnie hes always rubbed me the wrong way. And yeah I think he's done.
I used to dislike BJ too, but I think he became much more humble in the past couple of years and that changed my opinion on him.

BJ's done, he won't fight again and I hope he doesn't. I would bet he is the next HOF inductee.

Quote:
He is not one of my favorites to watch either, but he was a step above Cruz IMO. I want to see how he does without that toothpick in his mouth as I know that is helping him focus and remain calm.

Quote:
Rory did the Q&A at the weigh-ins in Montreal and he was funny and engaging with the crowd, and seemed like a nice guy. He does have that 'dead eye' look though...not sure if he's just supremely confident in his abilities and nothing bothers him, or if he maybe is a little psycho, lol. Either way, it would freak me out if I were across the ring from him. I wasn't impressed with his shuffling either, but hey, he's 23 and maybe not the brightest bulb on the tree. I'd really like to see him fight Condit again.
I was beginning to think that part of his problem is that he doesn't know how to interact with people very well. I thought he seemed incredibly awkward on that 'Road to the Octagon' show.

I would like to see him rematch Condit also. I did find it funny that he talked a lot of s#!t about BJ wanting to fight him for the wrong reasons ie. legacy, yet he wants to fight Condit for revenge and because he was humiliated. I like the Condit fight, but I think I would rather see him fight Hendricks for the #1 contender.