Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 12-09-2012, 03:10 AM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
I must have missed all that...what did BJ's trainer say (you can "edit"), and when did Nate show his middle finger?
There were a few times when the sound was muted on BJ's corner. And Nate's finger....did you see each time the fight went to a distant picture of the octagon? That was when he was flipping off Henderson.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:17 AM

Quote:
I must have missed all that...what did BJ's trainer say (you can "edit"), and when did Nate show his middle finger?
did you notice they cut out to an outside view of the stadium, several times actually, right during and only during nate's fight. That wasn't techincal error, everytime that happened that was when nate was on the ground and shoving his middle in bendo's face

if you noticed on the intros that when they were introducing bj penn, half of the audio was cut out, that was neither an accident nor your tv reception, if you notice behind bj penn, the guy in the shades kept hollering the whole time, and it is clear he is saying motherf!@#$% and when ever he stopped saying it, the audio blipped back in, then it would blip out when he used the f word. you can pretty well guarantee that all those audio "difficulties/gaps" were censorship, not technical issues

there might not be a good way to solve that problem though.

as for rory, he was getting booed well before the end of the fight, it was happening at the start, so i didn't know if there was some history or not--- other than he's canadian
Old 12-09-2012, 03:22 AM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
as for rory, he was getting booed well before the end of the fight, it was happening at the start, so i didn't know if there was some history or not--- other than he's canadian
Could be part of it, but being that he is originally from BC I would think he would have more of a hometown fanbase. But BJ is also a very popular fighter anywhere.

For me, Rory has just displayed a character that is hard to like. He doesn't say much, but when he does it seems either arrogant and disrespectful or completely psycho.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
There were a few times when the sound was muted on BJ's corner. And Nate's finger....did you see each time the fight went to a distant picture of the octagon? That was when he was flipping off Henderson.
Quote:
did you notice they cut out to an outside view of the stadium, several times actually, right during and only during nate's fight. That wasn't techincal error, everytime that happened that was when nate was on the ground and shoving his middle in bendo's face

if you noticed on the intros that when they were introducing bj penn, half of the audio was cut out, that was neither an accident nor your tv reception, if you notice behind bj penn, the guy in the shades kept hollering the whole time, and it is clear he is saying motherf!@#$% and when ever he stopped saying it, the audio blipped back in, then it would blip out when he used the f word. you can pretty well guarantee that all those audio "difficulties/gaps" were censorship, not technical issues

there might not be a good way to solve that problem though.

Oh, I guess I wasn't paying close attention when they cut away with Nate, or noticed BJ's corner, I did notice the audio blips but just thought it was technical.

I think Nate has proved himself as a talented, skilled, tough fighter, he doesn't need his middle finger and/or foul language as props.

All these antics just takes away from the pluses for these guys. It's a shame they can't see that.
Old 12-09-2012, 03:55 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
Could be part of it, but being that he is originally from BC I would think he would have more of a hometown fanbase. But BJ is also a very popular fighter anywhere.

For me, Rory has just displayed a character that is hard to like. He doesn't say much, but when he does it seems either arrogant and disrespectful or completely psycho.

I'm sure RNC's "Canadian" radar just went off and we'll be hearing from him soon!

Last edited by Bonnie; 12-09-2012 at 05:13 AM.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:54 AM
Stump Rules!

I totally forgot about the fights tonight & after work I went into the gym (because I ate too much damned candy today) and the Diaz/Benson fight was on. I was SO happy I didn't miss it

Glad to see Diaz get his ass kicked the whole time and ahahaha BJ Penn lost Wished I'd have seen that one

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 12-09-2012, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
I totally forgot about the fights tonight & after work I went into the gym (because I ate too much damned candy today) and the Diaz/Benson fight was on. I was SO happy I didn't miss it

Glad to see Diaz get his ass kicked the whole time and ahahaha BJ Penn lost Wished I'd have seen that one
Someone's on an endorphin high, I just don't know if it's from the exercise you got, or from Diaz's and BJ's losses?

Old 12-09-2012, 05:44 AM

Not only did Rory hand BJ his @$$ but he rubbed it in his fu$&ing face!!! I LLLLOVED IT!!!
Old 12-09-2012, 05:45 AM
Stump Rules!

Me either but really....I'm starting to crash now so good night

Quote:
Someone's on an endorphin high, I just don't know if it's from the exercise you got, or from Diaz's and BJ's losses?

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 12-09-2012, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
Me either but really....I'm starting to crash now so good night

Sleep well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
Not only did Rory hand BJ his @$$ but he rubbed it in his fu$&ing face!!! I LLLLOVED IT!!!
I can't remember, have you always disliked BJ? Do you think this is it for BJ?