11-30-2012, 01:35 AM
Student of the Sport
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Greeley, CO
Originally Posted by VCURamFan
Just thought I'd share some of the "you're more likely to ______ than win the lottery". This is an amalgamation of different articles. I've tried to cut out the boring ones & only include the funny/crazy ones.
- You are 10,336 times more likely to be born albino
- You are 24 times more likely to be executed in the U.S.
- And 3 times more likely to be put on death row and then exonerated
- You are 3,514,230 times more likely to be smart enough to be in Mensa
- Death by Vending Machine
Odds: 1 in 112 million
On average, two people in the U.S. are crushed to death underneath vending machines each year. Please snack responsibly.
- Dying in an Airline-Related Terrorist Attack
Odds: 1 in 25 million
No one has died in an airplane-related terrorist attack since 9/11. The pat-downs of elderly people and toddlers are really paying off.
- Having Identical Quadruplets
Odds: 1 in 15 million
Identical quadruplets would be adorable, but you wouldn’t be able to support them because you probably won’t win the lottery…
- Dying From Being Left-Handed
Odds: 1 in 4.4 million
It’s a right-handed world. Apparently, a fair number of left-handed people die each year from using right-handed products incorrectly.
- Death by Flesh-Eating Bacteria
Odds: 1 in 1 million
Not as rare as one would hope, but there are worse ways to die. Maybe.
- Dying in an Asteroid Apocalypse
Odds: 1 in 12,500
The good news is that this will probably never happen. That is, until the year 2040, when it’s totally going to happen!
- Being Canonized You're almost 9 times more likely to be canonized. A boy can dream.
Odds: 20,000,000 to 1
- Dating a supermodel You're 2,000 times more likely to be currently dating a supermodel. So you're saying I have a chance?
Odds: 88,000 to 1
- Finding a four leaf clover You're 176,000 times more likely to find a four leaf clover on your first try. If you were wondering what the exact definition was for "luck of the Irish," here you go.
Odds:10,000 to 1
- Winning an Academy Award You're 15,000 times more likely to win an academy award. Odds they like you? They really like you? Much, much worse.
Odds: 11,500 to 1
- Dating a Millionaire You're 818,600 times more likely to date a millionaire. And millions of college students wondering how they're going to pay off their student loans breath a sigh of relief.
Odds: 215 to 1
- Losing an appendage to a chainsaw You're 39,426 times more likely to be seriously injured by a chainsaw. I keep writing my congressman about those outdated chainsaw control laws. When will they ever listen?
Odds: 4,464 to 1
Dying by ignition or melting of nightwear: 1 in 397,000
- Dying from contact with a venomous snake or lizard: 1 in 1,874,034
- Making two holes-in-one in one round of golf: 1-in-67 million
As Lloyd (Jim Carrey) said in Dumb and Dumber..."So you're telling me there's a chance"