Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 11-19-2012, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
I think Georges is going to retire one day and really regret not just going for it and make the attempt to really finish a fight. He'll leave the sport known as " the world's safest fighter". Big whoop.
Georges has had 6 UDs out of his last 7 title defences; he probably would be 7 for 7, if BJ could have lasted the fight, but his corner stopped that fight in the 4th Rd.

Matt had 1 UD (Sherk) out of his 7 title defences.
Old 11-19-2012, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
I think Georges is going to retire one day and really regret not just going for it and make the attempt to really finish a fight. He'll leave the sport known as " the world's safest fighter". Big whoop.
i think when its all said and done and gsp is regarded by most as the greatest ww champ ever and possibly greatest fighter ever, he wont really care about what a few have to say about him .... just my opinion
Old 11-19-2012, 04:05 PM

Regardless of Georges not finishing, according to FightMetric, Georges out-landed Condit 71-36 in significant strikes, took the challenger down seven times and passed his guard eight times.

Pretty impressive.........I don't recall any other fighter doing that to Condit
Old 11-19-2012, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
i think when its all said and done and gsp is regarded by most as the greatest ww champ ever and possibly greatest fighter ever, he wont really care about what a few have to say about him .... just my opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVEMAN1 View Post
Regardless of Georges not finishing, according to FightMetric, Georges out-landed Condit 71-36 in significant strikes, took the challenger down seven times and passed his guard eight times.

Pretty impressive.........I don't recall any other fighter doing that to Condit
I agree 100% with you guys!

But people love to hate and criticize its all part of the game I guess. People are never happy. To tell you I been reading comments in different forums and websites where people are unmoved my Hendricks incredible knock out of Kammpmann because they think the Knock out came to early!?!?

They love Kammpmanns wars and the fight could have been better?!?

Pfffftt I tell you!
Old 11-19-2012, 05:15 PM
Stump Rules!

Yeah....in his and your dreams

Quote:

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 11-19-2012, 05:20 PM
Hailey's Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
It's not a matter of people not caring, Tyburn. I don't look at any videos unless it's the sole subject of a post. I don't usually read comments that are lengthy - and by lengthy I mean more than 2 sentences. I always thought you made the videos because you enjoy doing them. I think it's safe to say that everyone is busy with their everyday lives and now that information flows so fast, we all have to pick and choose. It doesn't mean I don't care, I like you very much! But unless the caption says something like "don't click this, the link goes to the worst toe injury you've ever seen", well, I'm not going to click it (or in Mike's case "link to the biggest tatas in the universe" or in Nate's case "link to the most awesome Star Wars outtakes" or in Ben's case "greatest VCU 3-pointers", you get my drift).
So where's the link to the biggest tatas? I can't find it.

For the record, I prefer the nicest tats. Biggest is cool for a freak show but even I consider some TOO BIG.
Old 11-19-2012, 05:40 PM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
I agree 100% with you guys!

But people love to hate and criticize its all part of the game I guess. People are never happy. To tell you I been reading comments in different forums and websites where people are unmoved my Hendricks incredible knock out of Kammpmann because they think the Knock out came to early!?!?

They love Kammpmanns wars and the fight could have been better?!?

Pfffftt I tell you!
You are right about that. People whine (including myself) that they want to see KO's, then they get a great one and now they wanted to see a war.

I like the GSP/Condit fight. I would have loved a finish, but the fight was more exciting than previous fights and there were several times where things got really interesting.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:53 PM

So when is the GSP and Carlos fight? I have not heard anything about it yet. I will go out on a limb and say that the next fight that GSP is in that gets finished will be the next one that he loses. He has not got the drive or ability to finish fighters and age is only going to catch him. No matter if you are a GSP fan or not from everyone I have talked to the Hendricks fight stoled the show
Old 11-19-2012, 07:41 PM

Quote:
At least you stuck "by most" and "possibly" in there. Everybody has their favorite(s) in different sports they like, this is no different, doesn't mean they're a "hater", just means they aren't a fan...nothing wrong with that.

And I don't think it's unusual that people would take notice and comment on the fact that since re-winning the title in 2008, every fight except one, has gone to decision. He's the champion, it's natural for people to ask, "Is he playing it safe?"..."Why isn't he able to finish some of these guys?"

This fight with Condit was better in my opinion. Even Anderson said, "...this is new George, this is new, I like it."
Old 11-19-2012, 07:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
At least you stuck "by most" and "possibly" in there. Everybody has their favorite(s) in different sports they like, this is no different, doesn't mean they're a "hater", just means they aren't a fan...nothing wrong with that.

And I don't think it's unusual that people would take notice and comment on the fact that since re-winning the title in 2008, every fight except one, has gone to decision. He's the champion, it's natural for people to ask, "Is he playing it safe?"..."Why isn't he able to finish some of these guys?"

This fight with Condit was better in my opinion. Even Anderson said, "...this is new George, this is new, I like it."
being a fan a giving credit are two different things ... i'll say it, gsp is the greatest ww ever ... right now anderson is the greatest fighter ever .... i think though, when it is all said and done .. gsp will be regarded as greatest ever ..