Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 11-18-2012, 06:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
and romney took 37% in mass ...
You're missing my point. No one is claiming that Massachusetts is a conservative state. Illinois frequently gets mis-categorized as a liberal state primarily because of Chicago.

Overall the point most of us are trying to make by posting these maps is that Obama was not elected by the majority of the American people. Not even remotely close.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:29 PM

well, gun loving bible thumpers would still whip up on liberal hippies
Old 11-18-2012, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
well, gun loving bible thumpers would still whip up on liberal hippies
i guess we'll never find out though really ... the conservatives couldnt get together to win an election ... doubt they'll be able to lead a revolution ...
Old 11-18-2012, 09:06 PM

Quote:
i guess we'll never find out though really ... the conservatives couldnt get together to win an election ... doubt they'll be able to lead a revolution ...
never said anything about conservatives did i?

pretty sure we already led one revolution, and won, that's why we are americans, not british americans and we don't speak with a french accent

anyways, God does what He wants, He doesn't need alot of people to do His will to get it done....
Old 11-18-2012, 10:18 PM
Administrator

I always find it humorous when Canadians try to figure out American politics while sitting on the sidelines.

RNC, it seems pretty clear that your impression of American politics is formed by the media, which means that you are only getting a tiny fraction of the bigger picture. You need to move to the United States and live here for several years, before you can really pretend to understand the whole conservative/liberal, right-wing/left-wing, Republican/Democrat dynamic. In fact, I've known people who have lived here all their lives and still don't fully understand it (usually because they've never travelled outside of their county lines).

However, RNC, I still don't understand your fixation with Barack Obama. Considering your level of devotion to this man you've never met and who has almost no impact whatsoever on your life, I can only imagine that this is what some would describe as a "boy crush."

Finally, let's not forget that many conservative Christians where conflicted about voting for a Mormon and thus decided to sit out this election. I know for a fact that I was conflicted about voting for someone who followed a cult like Mormonism, however, I felt that it was too important of an election to simply not vote.
Old 11-18-2012, 10:58 PM

Quote:
never said anything about conservatives did i?

pretty sure we already led one revolution, and won, that's why we are americans, not british americans and we don't speak with a french accent

anyways, God does what He wants, He doesn't need alot of people to do His will to get it done....
when you said bible thumpin gun lovers i figured you were talkin about conservatives ... my bad ...
Old 11-18-2012, 11:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
You're missing my point. No one is claiming that Massachusetts is a conservative state. Illinois frequently gets mis-categorized as a liberal state primarily because of Chicago.

Overall the point most of us are trying to make by posting these maps is that Obama was not elected by the majority of the American people. Not even remotely close.
i totally understand that ... but that is obvious .. no president in recent times has had the majority of american votes ... all you have to do is get the majority of votes ...
Old 11-18-2012, 11:45 PM
Administrator

Quote:
i totally understand that ... but that is obvious .. no president in recent times has had the majority of american votes ... all you have to do is get the majority of votes ...
You know that and I know that, however, somebody needs to tell Obama, since he claimed the results of the 2012 election as proof that the majority of Americans supported his ideas.
Old 11-19-2012, 02:45 AM

Quote:
when you said bible thumpin gun lovers i figured you were talkin about conservatives ... my bad ...
understandable i suppose, but i am not so sure that conservatives nowadays are really conservatives at all, though i would say more people would claim to be conservative than not

maybe we could mandate a vote from everybody eligible----that would be true democracy

although this isn't a democracy, it's a republic

or we could go back to how the founding fathers did it and only let established competent citizens vote, which of course in their era could only be regulated by land possession, and no i am not advocating anything, especially not banning women from voting, i am just posing hypotheticals, but interestingly enough, it was a given that husbands and wives would vote the same way so why cast two votes one way and just let them both have one voice, like the bible says, two shall be one

or lastly we could mandate that every competent citizen vote

right now any welfare bunny or baby can vote, any idiot can vote, you don't have to have id, you don't have to speak english, you don't have to have a job, credibility, pay taxes, own land, own a car, have a family, have an education, or know anything about politics-----yet they get to decide the fate of the country

this guy can vote, how do you suppose he voted?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDrwskLYCrY
Old 11-19-2012, 02:59 AM
Administrator

Quote:

this guy can vote, how do you suppose he voted?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDrwskLYCrY
I wish I could watch the first part of that video to see what the case was about in the first place. I don't understand why it was dismissed. But I guess if the lady was depending on that guy to share the financial responsibilities then she deserves whatever she gets.

Judge Judy had it right, though. All that taxpayer money right into the sewer.