Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #51  
Old 11-18-2012, 05:28 PM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,592
Default

Do you think if Carlos had been able to defend against Georges' takedowns, the fight might have gone Carlos' way especially given the kick he gave Georges in the 3rd? I'm not sure...is this normally a weak area for Carlos, his takedown defense?
__________________

Last edited by Bonnie; 11-18-2012 at 05:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 11-18-2012, 05:47 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,734
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradW View Post
its because you and a few others are sore losers that make you think that way.
I had no stake in that fight last night, so being a "sore loser" has absolutely nothing to do with it. I didn't even remember that the fight was going on until last yesterday afternoon. I think my beef is more with the GSP fans being ungracious winners.

There is simply no need for the insults or name-calling just because someone happens to not be a GSP fan. That is their decision to make and it is ridiculous to think that you have the right to dictate another person's criteria for fandom. Yes, we can acknowledge that he is an amazingly talented fighter, but that doesn't mean that we need to be a fan of the guy.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 11-18-2012, 05:49 PM
BradW BradW is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 108
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I had no stake in that fight last night, so being a "sore loser" has absolutely nothing to do with it. I didn't even remember that the fight was going on until last yesterday afternoon. I think my beef is more with the GSP fans being ungracious winners.

There is simply no need for the insults or name-calling just because someone happens to not be a GSP fan. That is their decision to make and it is ridiculous to think that you have the right to dictate another person's criteria for fandom. Yes, we can acknowledge that he is an amazingly talented fighter, but that doesn't mean that we need to be a fan of the guy.
lol
your just another sore loser
i dont blame you though...its been a real bad few weeks for you,but to say your not one of the worst ones on here for name calling
and just plain bad manners really would be a stretch.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 11-18-2012, 06:04 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,734
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
But how can you say that when you are the one trolling George for not finishing?
If anything you are still mad that he beat Hughes twice in very convincing manner. Shouldnt that make him an all time great? Afterall he did finish the greatest Welterweight in UFC history!

Oh and Remind me when Carlos was finished last?
You might need to double-check your internet dictionary on the definition of the term "trolling" because that's not what I'm doing. My comment falls more accurately into the category of "flaming."

As for your claim that I'm just mad at GSP for beating Matt twice... seriously? Are you just now figuring that one out? That's been the norm here for the last few years and I don't think I've ever made an effort to hide that fact.

If I've ever given you the impression that I do NOT hold a grudge against GSP for defeating Matt, then I apologize because that's never been the case. I definitely hold a grudge and I probably always will.

Finally, I have no idea how the last few Condit fights have ended, because I don't recall ever seeing him fight. I've probably watched only 2-3 UFC events in the last 2 years.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 11-18-2012, 06:14 PM
NateR's Avatar
NateR NateR is offline
Administrator
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 5,734
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradW View Post
lol
your just another sore loser
i dont blame you though...its been a real bad few weeks for you,but to say your not one of the worst ones on here for name calling
and just plain bad manners really would be a stretch.
Well, you are entitled to your opinion, as wrong as that opinion may be.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 11-18-2012, 07:40 PM
rearnakedchoke rearnakedchoke is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,557
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Do you think if Carlos had been able to defend against Georges' takedowns, the fight might have gone Carlos' way especially given the kick he gave Georges in the 3rd? I'm not sure...is this normally a weak area for Carlos, his takedown defense?
i think gsp woulda been able to win even if the fight was standing .. but was much easier taking hin down ... nice kick by condit tho ...

if you think about it tho .. condit has had 9 months to train for the fight .. gsp was only cleared medically in the summer .. i dont think he did too bad in winning all 5 rounds ... lol ...
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 11-18-2012, 08:50 PM
flo's Avatar
flo flo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7,720
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I had no stake in that fight last night, so being a "sore loser" has absolutely nothing to do with it. I didn't even remember that the fight was going on until last yesterday afternoon. I think my beef is more with the GSP fans being ungracious winners.

There is simply no need for the insults or name-calling just because someone happens to not be a GSP fan. That is their decision to make and it is ridiculous to think that you have the right to dictate another person's criteria for fandom. Yes, we can acknowledge that he is an amazingly talented fighter, but that doesn't mean that we need to be a fan of the guy.
Exactly. That's why in my predictions I picked GSP but was rooting for Carlos. Most of us are not going to forget that classless nonsense about "I'm not impressssssed....".

That said, I did watch the fight last night and it was a good one.
__________________
http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=339&dateline=13068036  43

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 11-18-2012, 09:07 PM
flo's Avatar
flo flo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7,720
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
i'll tell you something else...Time and Money...I have seen dedicated fans, stop paying for all UFC events coz they cant be afforded...and on youtube, people who did predictions for every single event and recaps...

It takes maybe three-four hours to create a single video...if you are doing a prediction for one, and a recap for another, almost EVERY WEEKEND...

loads of people have stopped, or chosen to only focus on some...its sad...I am about to join them in downgrading my MMA youtube services because, the other thing is, with so many events around, noone wants to watch THAT many events PLUS all the predictions, PLUS all the recap videos do they??? one a month, maybe two was fine...but its not fine now.

As from now I am scrapping all recap videos unless there is something truely awesome to speak about. I am only going to do quick picks on a few of the fights I care about for all superflous events, I am scrapping the entire predictions in beief project and just mentioning a few fighters I care about in weekly blogs instead, along with the results in terms of predictions and fighter of the card awards. ONLY numbered events are guarenteed full predictions and full recap videos...and if the UFC dare to raise the amount of those next year, I will have to cut the recaps of them also...I just havent got time...and people on this forum dont care as much as they did, and frankly, thats true on every mma forum I post on...I spread my base last Fall and am now regular/semi regular on several others...and its the same everywhere you go.
It's not a matter of people not caring, Tyburn. I don't look at any videos unless it's the sole subject of a post. I don't usually read comments that are lengthy - and by lengthy I mean more than 2 sentences. I always thought you made the videos because you enjoy doing them. I think it's safe to say that everyone is busy with their everyday lives and now that information flows so fast, we all have to pick and choose. It doesn't mean I don't care, I like you very much! But unless the caption says something like "don't click this, the link goes to the worst toe injury you've ever seen", well, I'm not going to click it (or in Mike's case "link to the biggest tatas in the universe" or in Nate's case "link to the most awesome Star Wars outtakes" or in Ben's case "greatest VCU 3-pointers", you get my drift).
__________________
http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=339&dateline=13068036  43

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16

Last edited by flo; 11-18-2012 at 09:27 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 11-19-2012, 01:51 AM
MattHughesRocks's Avatar
MattHughesRocks MattHughesRocks is offline
Stump Rules!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 9,788
Default

I think Georges is going to retire one day and really regret not just going for it and make the attempt to really finish a fight. He'll leave the sport known as " the world's safest fighter". Big whoop.
__________________


http://stumpdotcom.com/
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 11-19-2012, 02:14 AM
JavierDLC's Avatar
JavierDLC JavierDLC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso Texas
Posts: 2,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
It's not a matter of people not caring, Tyburn. I don't look at any videos unless it's the sole subject of a post. I don't usually read comments that are lengthy - and by lengthy I mean more than 2 sentences. I always thought you made the videos because you enjoy doing them. I think it's safe to say that everyone is busy with their everyday lives and now that information flows so fast, we all have to pick and choose. It doesn't mean I don't care, I like you very much! But unless the caption says something like "don't click this, the link goes to the worst toe injury you've ever seen", well, I'm not going to click it (or in Mike's case "link to the biggest tatas in the universe" or in Nate's case "link to the most awesome Star Wars outtakes" or in Ben's case "greatest VCU 3-pointers", you get my drift).
LOL

This post made my Day!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.