Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 11-18-2012, 04:49 AM
Administrator

Sounds like another 5-round, unanimous-decision, GSP snoozefest. I'm glad I didn't bother to watch the event.
Old 11-18-2012, 04:56 AM

It wasn't a snooze-fest, Nate. It was a very good fight, both guys fought tough, Carlos definitely got the 3rd round. He fought like a warrior and gave his best but GSP was just too good.

Anyway, IMO, it was a good night of fights!

even though I stunk up the predictions, I think I got 4 right...

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 11-18-2012, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Sounds like another 5-round, unanimous-decision, GSP snoozefest. I'm glad I didn't bother to watch the event.
Even though it went to decision, Carlos made Georges work hard for the win. Georges was able to take Condit down repeatedly, but it wasn't a cake walk for GSP and there was blood drawn by both of them.
Old 11-18-2012, 05:10 AM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
It wasn't a snooze fest, Georges took more chances than he had in recent fights. It was a good fight, hats off to GSP and Carlos.

I'm interested to see which fight GSP wants next....Big Rig or the Spider. Pick your poison
Old 11-18-2012, 05:46 AM

I was there live tonight and it was anything but a snooze fest! Anyone who watched that and says it was is completely ignorant. Carlos put up a great fight, awesome effort. I was on the edge of my seat the whole fight, because he was so dangerous from the bottom. Georges had a decided advantage on the feet, but that head kick from Carlos in the third put him in real trouble and I was very glad to see him get through that and turn it around within a minute or two. It was a real battle on the ground, but GSP's top control was simply too much, and Carlos admitted it in the post fight interview. Both guys were bloodied and banged up, overall it was a great fight.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavetar View Post
I was there live tonight and it was anything but a snooze fest! Anyone who watched that and says it was is completely ignorant. Carlos put up a great fight, awesome effort. I was on the edge of my seat the whole fight, because he was so dangerous from the bottom. Georges had a decided advantage on the feet, but that head kick from Carlos in the third put him in real trouble and I was very glad to see him get through that and turn it around within a minute or two. It was a real battle on the ground, but GSP's top control was simply too much, and Carlos admitted it in the post fight interview. Both guys were bloodied and banged up, overall it was a great fight.
I thought that was you!!!

J/K, that's cool you were there and got to see a very good night of fights. I was only upset by Patrick getting hit in the back of the head so many times, I was hollering at Mergliotta!!!

Old 11-18-2012, 06:23 AM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
I thought that was you!!!

J/K, that's cool you were there and got to see a very good night of fights. I was only upset by Patrick getting hit in the back of the head so many times, I was hollering at Mergliotta!!!
I was yelling at him too! He must have heard us and EVERYONE else and got the right decision.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:29 AM
Student of the Sport

Tweet of the night goes to Stockton's own, Nick Diaz:

Quote:
nick diaz ‏@nickdiaz209:
I am not impressed by your performance @GeorgesStPierre
Old 11-18-2012, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
I was yelling at him too! He must have heard us and EVERYONE else and got the right decision.
Yeah, the judges got it right. I've always been a fan and was rooting for him to win tonight, just sorry he had to get it by a DQ. Sakara apologized to the crowd but WTH was he thinking?!?

Old 11-18-2012, 10:51 AM
Angry @ Injustice!

Johnny Hendricks will be my fighter of the Card for this event..You know, Carlos Condit gave it a good shot...I thought he might win in the third round but he didnt...I feel now for certain that Georges simply cant finish fights even when he actually tries...and that if he faces Anderson Silva it will be certain death for him...Granted I dont think we've seen Anderson Silva have to try hard much in his fights...but his lacklustre is still far better then GSPs lacklustre except that the one thing I have never seen Georges do, which Anderson does do occasionally, is mess around in a fight rather then do what he's paid to do.

I would rather see Silva/Jones then GSP/Silva personally...I also think GSP isnt out of the woods yet...I do feel that we still need to watch him for his next couple of fights to see if he's going to remain tyhe force he was before his injury forced sabatical so to speak...the third round should really frighten him...im sure it will bring great joy to Hendricks who no doubt now absolutely believes he could finish GSP, on the feet, like he did with kampmann