Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Christianity

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11-13-2012, 04:26 PM
CAVEMAN1 CAVEMAN1 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 96
Default Judgement

I'm currently reading through the book of Ezekiel and came across these verses this morning. It was one of those moments where the words just jump off the pages. Couldn't help but to think about the current situation our country is in:

Ezekiel 14: 12-19
Judgment on Persistent Unfaithfulness

Quote:
12 The word of the Lord came again to me, saying: 13 “Son of man, when a land sins against Me by persistent unfaithfulness, I will stretch out My hand against it; I will cut off its supply of bread, send famine on it, and cut off man and beast from it. 14 Even if these three men, Noah, Daniel, and Job, were in it, they would deliver only themselves by their righteousness,” says the Lord God.

15 “If I cause wild beasts to pass through the land, and they empty it, and make it so desolate that no man may pass through because of the beasts, 16 even though these three men were in it, as I live,” says the Lord God, “they would deliver neither sons nor daughters; only they would be delivered, and the land would be desolate.

17 “Or if I bring a sword on that land, and say, ‘Sword, go through the land,’ and I cut off man and beast from it, 18 even though these three men were in it, as I live,” says the Lord God, “they would deliver neither sons nor daughters, but only they themselves would be delivered.

19 “Or if I send a pestilence into that land and pour out My fury on it in blood, and cut off from it man and beast, 20 even though Noah, Daniel, and Job were in it, as I live,” says the Lord God, “they would deliver neither son nor daughter; they would deliver only themselves by their righteousness.”

And again in Ezekiel 15

Quote:
15 Then the word of the Lord came to me, saying: 2 “Son of man, how is the wood of the vine better than any other wood, the vine branch which is among the trees of the forest? 3 Is wood taken from it to make any object? Or can men make a peg from it to hang any vessel on? 4 Instead, it is thrown into the fire for fuel; the fire devours both ends of it, and its middle is burned. Is it useful for any work? 5 Indeed, when it was whole, no object could be made from it. How much less will it be useful for any work when the fire has devoured it, and it is burned?

6 “Therefore thus says the Lord God: ‘Like the wood of the vine among the trees of the forest, which I have given to the fire for fuel, so I will give up the inhabitants of Jerusalem; 7 and I will set My face against them. They will go out from one fire, but another fire shall devour them. Then you shall know that I am the Lord, when I set My face against them. 8 Thus I will make the land desolate, because they have persisted in unfaithfulness,’ says the Lord God.”
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 11-13-2012, 07:45 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 17,006
Default

Ezekiel was in a similar position to poor Jeremiah. Both Prophets actually witnessed what they prophesied about. Ezekiel was one of those people who was taken as a prisoner when the Babylonians conqured Jerusalem and all of Israel....Jeremiah saw the destruction of the temple which actually came part way through the Babylonian advance...They first let the Temple alone when they conqured but where there came a Jewish uprising, a mini rebellion, the Babylonians quite litterally stompped on them Temple.

I think GOD still does what he did...infact, I'm pretty sure he still uses the SAME nations! For GOD promised to make a great nation of Ishmail also, and he tended to use those nations to try and keep Israel in line....These Countries, and their decended Faith still remains to this day in the area. The Arabs, and the Islamists.

As we speak Assyria is in the middle of a Civil War, and, the whole World has only just finished putting Babylon back in its box...Babylon is in modern day Iraq.

Israel is once again expecting persia...modern day Iran, to cause issues next.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11-16-2012, 08:13 PM
CAVEMAN1 CAVEMAN1 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 96
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Ezekiel was in a similar position to poor Jeremiah. Both Prophets actually witnessed what they prophesied about. Ezekiel was one of those people who was taken as a prisoner when the Babylonians conqured Jerusalem and all of Israel....Jeremiah saw the destruction of the temple which actually came part way through the Babylonian advance...They first let the Temple alone when they conqured but where there came a Jewish uprising, a mini rebellion, the Babylonians quite litterally stompped on them Temple.

I think GOD still does what he did...infact, I'm pretty sure he still uses the SAME nations! For GOD promised to make a great nation of Ishmail also, and he tended to use those nations to try and keep Israel in line....These Countries, and their decended Faith still remains to this day in the area. The Arabs, and the Islamists.

As we speak Assyria is in the middle of a Civil War, and, the whole World has only just finished putting Babylon back in its box...Babylon is in modern day Iraq.

Israel is once again expecting persia...modern day Iran, to cause issues next.
Was just watching the news and Israel has just mobilized 75,000 soldiers for possible invasion. Gaza has fired 66 rockets into Israel in the last 24 hours.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11-16-2012, 08:29 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 17,006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVEMAN1 View Post
Was just watching the news and Israel has just mobilized 75,000 soldiers for possible invasion. Gaza has fired 66 rockets into Israel in the last 24 hours.
Well Israel did a hit on Hamas, killing their defence minister, so to speak....Gaza constantly sends rockets over the boarder, so that doesnt explain Israels sudden strike...however...I think the issue here, is that Gaza responded by bombing the Capitol, Tel Aviv....I dont think Israel will stand for that. It'll be like 2009 all over again. Israel will begin an invasion and when Hamas goes quiet, like the tide, she will retreat having made her point

Her point is that she can, and will, use state sponcered assassination. She always has and always will do. If she sees she is threatened, she will take that threat out. She feels she has that right...its not a feeling shared by much of the rest of the world..but she is well trained, a tad paranoid, and very quick to pull the trigger.

What I dont know is why she suddenly thought the Palestinian Defence Minister (or the guy who basically carries that role if not that title) was such an imediate threat that she had to act so suddenly.

IMO its either a smokescreen to hide something she's about to do in Iran, OR she suddenly got reliable intelligence. One has to admit, that Gaza certainly retaliated more then usual...not sure its common for the palestinians to actually deliberately and methodically attack a specific target...they are usually just chucking a few more missiles over the boarder...I would suggest that maybe Israel is under the impression that Palestine has fallen into a more developed and sustainable methodology, or is being aided by a foreign source in strategy and weaponary. They may have concluded thus it was important to take out areas they thought were munition dumps, and to target the most senior person likely to be involved. They feel they are legitamate in doing that for survival purposes

It remains to be seen what the motive actually was, and only then can we asscertain whether Israel is acting justly to a legitamate threat...or whether she is simply being...as the Old Testament would put it "A rebellious House"
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 11-16-2012, 08:56 PM
CAVEMAN1 CAVEMAN1 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 96
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Well Israel did a hit on Hamas, killing their defence minister, so to speak....Gaza constantly sends rockets over the boarder, so that doesnt explain Israels sudden strike...however...I think the issue here, is that Gaza responded by bombing the Capitol, Tel Aviv....I dont think Israel will stand for that. It'll be like 2009 all over again. Israel will begin an invasion and when Hamas goes quiet, like the tide, she will retreat having made her point

Her point is that she can, and will, use state sponcered assassination. She always has and always will do. If she sees she is threatened, she will take that threat out. She feels she has that right...its not a feeling shared by much of the rest of the world..but she is well trained, a tad paranoid, and very quick to pull the trigger.

What I dont know is why she suddenly thought the Palestinian Defence Minister (or the guy who basically carries that role if not that title) was such an imediate threat that she had to act so suddenly.

IMO its either a smokescreen to hide something she's about to do in Iran, OR she suddenly got reliable intelligence. One has to admit, that Gaza certainly retaliated more then usual...not sure its common for the palestinians to actually deliberately and methodically attack a specific target...they are usually just chucking a few more missiles over the boarder...I would suggest that maybe Israel is under the impression that Palestine has fallen into a more developed and sustainable methodology, or is being aided by a foreign source in strategy and weaponary. They may have concluded thus it was important to take out areas they thought were munition dumps, and to target the most senior person likely to be involved. They feel they are legitamate in doing that for survival purposes

It remains to be seen what the motive actually was, and only then can we asscertain whether Israel is acting justly to a legitamate threat...or whether she is simply being...as the Old Testament would put it "A rebellious House"
I believe Israel received some intelligence that says they are in danger. I don't blame Israel at all for mobilizing troops. They are literally surrounded by their enemies.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 11-16-2012, 10:08 PM
Tyburn's Avatar
Tyburn Tyburn is offline
Angry @ Injustice!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: England
Posts: 17,006
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVEMAN1 View Post
I believe Israel received some intelligence that says they are in danger. I don't blame Israel at all for mobilizing troops. They are literally surrounded by their enemies.
Yes...sometimes they act paranoid...but thats doesnt mean its not true, if you follow. The arab states ARE out to get Israel and they make no secret of the fact...therefore you can forgive her for being a tad jittery when it comes to threats
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 11-24-2012, 04:00 PM
Pastor Chris F's Avatar
Pastor Chris F Pastor Chris F is offline
7X Prediction Champ !!!!!
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Springfield Missouri
Posts: 193
Default

If you look through history this is a common theme. Gods blessed nation does well they turn their back and loose the blessing. America will loose it as well. My guess is Latin America is the next wave they are seeing the biggest move of god right now. America will continue to be destroyed in all ways unless they the get on thier knees and repent fast
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.