Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 11-16-2012, 06:38 PM

just a joke people ...
Old 11-16-2012, 06:48 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
Just because we are in the minority doesn't mean we have the weaker hand, the libs need to bear that in mind.
That's just the thing, though. Conservatives are not in the minority. The Liberals simply have control of the media, so they can make everybody think that their agenda is the majority opinion in this country.

The current US population is estimated at around 313,847,465 people, Obama won the election with 62,611,250 votes. Which means that Obama was elected by less than 20% of the overall US population. So all this talk about the "majority" of Americans voting to reelect Obama is just false.

A majority of the people who voted might have voted for Obama, but not the majority of Americans.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
That's just the thing, though. Conservatives are not in the minority. The Liberals simply have control of the media, so they can make everybody think that their agenda is the majority opinion in this country.

The current US population is estimated at around 313,847,465 people, Obama won the election with 62,611,250 votes. Which means that Obama was elected by less than 20% of the overall US population. So all this talk about the "majority" of Americans voting to reelect Obama is just false.

A majority of the people who voted might have voted for Obama, but not the majority of Americans.
if that is the case, no president in recent times has had majorty of population vote for them ... and it ain't gonna happen anytime soon ..
Old 11-16-2012, 07:31 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
if that is the case, no president in recent times has had majorty of population vote for them ... and it ain't gonna happen anytime soon ..
I understand that, since 40% voter turnout is about the best we can hope for. However, I'm just pointing out that it is wrong to claim that Obama was granted some kind of Liberal mandate by the American people based on only 19.95% of the population.
Old 11-16-2012, 07:33 PM
Administrator

Quote:
i saw this and thought of this thread ... i know even some of you can laugh at this silliness ... others will give me hell for it ...

It kind of reminds me of the "blue ketchup" that a lot of Democrats were requesting after the 2004 election (since the term "red state" is used to reference a Republican state, and the color blue is used to represent Democrats). It's too bad I can't find a snazzy graphic of it though. Probably because Republicans aren't as likely to be sore winners, I guess.

Quote:
just a joke people ...
You do realize that you can edit your own posts, so you don't need to quote yourself if you want to make an additional comment?
Old 11-16-2012, 07:36 PM

Quote:
You do realize that you can edit your own posts, so you don't need to quote yourself if you want to make an additional comment?
yeah .. but the buttons are so close ... and who doesn't want to see that twice!!!
Old 11-16-2012, 07:41 PM
Administrator

Quote:
yeah .. but the buttons are so close ... and who doesn't want to see that twice!!!
See what twice?
Old 11-16-2012, 07:46 PM

nice!
Old 11-16-2012, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
Can I secede from NJ?

South Jersey has talked about splitting from North Jersey as long as I can remember. North Jersey is the big city "Jersey Shore" attitude while South Jersey is woods and farmland. Two very different people but north Jersey people outnumber us so the vote always goes their way.
Same with Washington. We're only a blue state because of the loons in Seattle...

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 11-16-2012, 08:33 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:

Of course, if all 50 states secede, what happens then?
Then you have Fifty Soverign States not in a Union