Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 11-16-2012, 03:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I think everybody in the Middle East knows what another 4 years of Obama means. This is why the enemies of Israel feel that they can attack with impunity and Israel realizes that they are on their own. They know they can expect nothing from Obama except verbal chastisements for defending their citizens from terrorist attacks.

I guess it's another 4 years of "paper tiger" status for the United States.
Israel saw how he responded on 9/11 to our own people's cry for help for over 7 hours in Benghazi, they won't be holding their breath waiting on help from Obama. I'm sure Israel isn't the only one over there that took notice of our "fearless" leader's inaction when our people were in trouble.

It will be interesting to see if we have another Benghazi while Obama is President if our military will act quickly and decisively even without an okay from higher up. The military can't be happy that Obama left two of their own out there to be murdered.

Last edited by Bonnie; 11-16-2012 at 04:27 AM.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Same here. We're tired of working hard, paying every cent of our taxes and then seeing how those hard-earned dollars are wasted. And I'm really tired of the excuse "but that program is only ___millions of dollars so it's just a drop in the bucket". I'd love to have an iphone but am strictly budgeting right now yet I read about all the so-called Obamaphones being passed out for free. We pay for those with the tax collected on every single phone bill. I don't remember voting for that. The left needs to create a nanny state so that they can rely on those votes and they've done a very good job.

Yes, some people do need help, do need a hand up and I'm more than willing to give it to them. This is a job for family, communities, charities and churches. Not government! But this administration has not only increased the numbers of those on welfare, disability and unemployment but has extended unemployment to 90 weeks (even though every study shows that most people on unemployment start seriously looking for work when it runs out), relaxing the restrictions on the food stamp program and what it will pay for as well as relaxing the requirements to look for work.

We all know people getting that hand-out who are perfectly content to stay there until their entitlement runs out, if ever. This is fundamentally against the core values of our founding and why America was so uniquely successful: a religious belief and practice, marriage bonds and the great work ethic. These three crucial ingredients to our success are disappearing among the middle/lower class, hence the ruin of our culture.
Amen!!!!
Old 11-16-2012, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
I want the olden days back, like Little House on the Praire.

If you fell on hard times, you had to rely on your church and friends to help you out. If you were an a-hole who had no friends, then you died. Too bad.

That pretty much meant the problems took care of themselves.
I agree, Mike! Like me, you probably grew up watching Little House On The Prairie. Every once and awhile my kids give me a hard time because I"ll tune in to watch it on the Hallmark channel. Every time I watch it, I can't help thinking that the show would be demonized by media and leftists all over the country if it were still a sitcom today.
Old 11-16-2012, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Israel saw how he responded on 9/11 to our own people's cry for help for over 7 hours in Benghazi, they won't be holding their breath waiting on help from Obama. I'm sure Israel isn't the only one over there that took notice of our "fearless" leader's inaction when our people were in trouble.

It will be interesting to see if we have another Benghazi while Obama is President if our military will act quickly and decisively even without an okay from higher up. The military can't be happy that Obama left two of their own out there to be murdered.
Agree! The man shows his true colors when it comes to his "no action"policies when it comes to Israel. And now that Kerry could be taking over, I believe it will get worse!
Old 11-16-2012, 02:59 PM
Hailey's Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVEMAN1 View Post
I agree, Mike! Like me, you probably grew up watching Little House On The Prairie.
I had two sisters so I didn't have much choice in the matter. Actually was a good show most of the time and it definitely taught some good life values. My mom still watches it on Hallmark a lot. I'll stop over to pick up Hailey and they'll have it on. Hopefully it stays on long enough for Hailey to watch when she's old enough to understand it better.
Old 11-16-2012, 03:31 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
I had two sisters so I didn't have much choice in the matter. Actually was a good show most of the time and it definitely taught some good life values. My mom still watches it on Hallmark a lot. I'll stop over to pick up Hailey and they'll have it on. Hopefully it stays on long enough for Hailey to watch when she's old enough to understand it better.
I never watched the show, but my mom read those books to me as a kid. Actually, they have a bad connotation for me because it seems like everytime she was reading them to me, I was in the waiting room of the orthodontist.