Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 11-14-2012, 02:52 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
i am actually curious to know why jews traditionally vote dem ... i truly don't know ... and i dont see gay marriage and access to abortions as free stuff, just freedoms people in those demographics want access to ....
Well when the government is suposed to be funding those things (my tax money goign to Planned Parenthood, etc.), then yes, those are free stuff.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:18 PM
Administrator

Quote:
i am actually curious to know why jews traditionally vote dem ... i truly don't know ... and i dont see gay marriage and access to abortions as free stuff, just freedoms people in those demographics want access to ....
Women might be free to murder their children, but when you force taxpayers to pay for that murder, then it's no longer freedom. If a woman can't afford to pay for her own abortion, then she'll just have to wait for another day to murder her child. Taxpayers who are morally opposed to abortion should NOT be forced to pay for her abortion for her.

Also, I don't believe gay marriage is a "freedom", because marriage itself is not a constitutional right.
Old 11-14-2012, 03:33 PM
Administrator

Quote:
its funny when the dems get elected, its about people wanting stuff ... lol ... or the whole 'i dont know what people are thinking' voting for obama ... its funny, cuz obama won pretty much every demographic ... except well, the white males and seniors and a few others .. i guess they are the only ones who dont want anything or know how to vote .... must be the blacks, latinos, gays, women, jews who all want something ... lol
Over 100 million Americans are now on some form of welfare program and that number is not even including those Americans on Social Security or Medicare. The number of Americans on food stamps alone has doubled since Obama took office in 2008. So, clearly the plan has always been to get as many Americans dependent on the government as possible, this way the party who promises those Americans the most stuff will be able to stay in power.
Old 11-15-2012, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Over 100 million Americans are now on some form of welfare program and that number is not even including those Americans on Social Security or Medicare. The number of Americans on food stamps alone has doubled since Obama took office in 2008. So, clearly the plan has always been to get as many Americans dependent on the government as possible, this way the party who promises those Americans the most stuff will be able to stay in power.
Bingo!!!! Obama essentially bought his 2nd term with tax payer money!!!!! Just a personal experience......and I'm sure I'm not alone.................I don't know how many times between pay checks my wife and I need to run to the grocery store for the essentials and can only spend a certain amount because that is all that is left in the account until pay day. Lo and behold there is always a family there that has 2 carts overflowing with food. Parents & kids grabbing whatever they want like there is no limit. They get to the checkout and out pops the welfare Link card. You'll then see a separate cart that has all the booze and cigs in it and somehow, a wad cash suddenly appears to pay for all of it.
It's those times I question where is the justice. Here in America we punish the working folk and reward the lazy!!!!!!! I see it all the time!
Old 11-15-2012, 04:23 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVEMAN1 View Post
Bingo!!!! Obama essentially bought his 2nd term with tax payer money!!!!! Just a personal experience......and I'm sure I'm not alone.................I don't know how many times between pay checks my wife and I need to run to the grocery store for the essentials and can only spend a certain amount because that is all that is left in the account until pay day. Lo and behold there is always a family there that has 2 carts overflowing with food. Parents & kids grabbing whatever they want like there is no limit. They get to the checkout and out pops the welfare Link card. You'll then see a separate cart that has all the booze and cigs in it and somehow, a wad cash suddenly appears to pay for all of it.
It's those times I question where is the justice. Here in America we punish the working folk and reward the lazy!!!!!!! I see it all the time!
We used to see the Link Card people show up at the beginning of every month at Walmart and they were often morbidly obese and used those little electric carts to drive around the store. So it's not like they were starving without the Link Card.

Ah yes, I remember the fragrance of cigarette smoke, kitty litter and just the right amount of BO that wafted through the store on those nights. Good times.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVEMAN1 View Post
Same here. We're tired of working hard, paying every cent of our taxes and then seeing how those hard-earned dollars are wasted. And I'm really tired of the excuse "but that program is only ___millions of dollars so it's just a drop in the bucket". I'd love to have an iphone but am strictly budgeting right now yet I read about all the so-called Obamaphones being passed out for free. We pay for those with the tax collected on every single phone bill. I don't remember voting for that. The left needs to create a nanny state so that they can rely on those votes and they've done a very good job.

Yes, some people do need help, do need a hand up and I'm more than willing to give it to them. This is a job for family, communities, charities and churches. Not government! But this administration has not only increased the numbers of those on welfare, disability and unemployment but has extended unemployment to 90 weeks (even though every study shows that most people on unemployment start seriously looking for work when it runs out), relaxing the restrictions on the food stamp program and what it will pay for as well as relaxing the requirements to look for work.

We all know people getting that hand-out who are perfectly content to stay there until their entitlement runs out, if ever. This is fundamentally against the core values of our founding and why America was so uniquely successful: a religious belief and practice, marriage bonds and the great work ethic. These three crucial ingredients to our success are disappearing among the middle/lower class, hence the ruin of our culture.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16

Last edited by flo; 11-15-2012 at 09:15 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:25 PM
Hailey's Dad

I want the olden days back, like Little House on the Praire.

If you fell on hard times, you had to rely on your church and friends to help you out. If you were an a-hole who had no friends, then you died. Too bad.

That pretty much meant the problems took care of themselves.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:46 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

You are all forgetting one thing...which is going to appear very shortly.

You can have a wellfare state based on taxes, but there comes a point where taxes are not enough, thats what half of the borrowing of money has to do with the financial system.

Not only are people on handouts living beyond their means, so are the administrations providing for those. Now what happens eventually is that the Administrations CANT provide for their wellfare state.

At which point the whole thing begins to collapse.

Are you guys not aware of what is going on in Europe? Countries which followed that path far further then you have thus far, should provide a stark warning....People talk about Greece and Spain as if they are victims, but that isnt quite true...The people are rioting of course, but its because their Governments have allowed them to get away with it for years. Even in England we never got as bad as the continent. In Greece they bearely paid taxes, could retire and get a state pension in their early/mid 50s!!!!

Naturally, they are upset that all that has been taken from them...but truth be told, it should never have been given them in the first place.

There are TWO big problems with Democrasy...both totally exemplified by your recent ellection. Firstly, do not kid yourself, Democrasy is no more then an ellected dictatorship. Do not expect your president to keep his promises, and do not expect the insitutions that relay on the existance of the Federal Governments present shape to take him to task. Secondly...and the Romans learned this...Sometimes the people are just wrong. They dont always know what is best for them. Tell me...is a government that provides too much for its people, giving the best to its people...or, is it infact doing them a disservice? Even if the majority vote for them...is that logically for their future betterment?

I spoke about the European Abuse of Freedom, in a blog a while ago...you oughta listen and discover what will happen to you, also, if your country continues its course to the left of centre.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFGuSfDlhtM

You need to educate yourself if you are to understand what possibly lies ahead...and looking at Europe will help you see where you could end up and why...not just dwelling on the word "communism" but actually understanding from someone, like myself, who lives in a half way world between you and them.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:54 PM

Quote:
its funny when the dems get elected, its about people wanting stuff ... lol ... or the whole 'i dont know what people are thinking' voting for obama ... its funny, cuz obama won pretty much every demographic ... except well, the white males and seniors and a few others .. i guess they are the only ones who dont want anything or know how to vote .... must be the blacks, latinos, gays, women, jews who all want something ... lol
When you have a President: promising amnesty to illegals, yeah he got the Latino vote; promising to tax ONLY those making $250,000+ because they aren't paying their "fair share", yeah he got the vote of all those who want "their fair share" of someone else's money; changing his mind and NOW deciding he is for gay marriage, yeah he got the gay vote; deciding it's employers' responsibility to pay for women's birth control and convincingly selling the "war on women" rhetoric, yeah he got a lot of the single women vote.

He didn't do all these things in the months leading up to the election for nothing, RNC, so come on, get real!

As for the huge black vote, well...I think that's obvious! I admit, the Jewish vote confuses me...why would they vote for him considering the way he has handled things with Israel, Iran, and the Middle East?

What really gets me are those far right hard line conservatives who decided Mitt Romney wasn't far right enough for them so they WERE NOT going to vote for him so they stayed home and helped Obama get re-elected instead!

Btw, nothing you've said makes what I said in my post you quoted any less true!

Last edited by Bonnie; 11-15-2012 at 06:12 PM.
Old 11-15-2012, 05:55 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
I want the olden days back, like Little House on the Praire.

If you fell on hard times, you had to rely on your church and friends to help you out. If you were an a-hole who had no friends, then you died. Too bad.

That pretty much meant the problems took care of themselves.
This.