Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 11-11-2012, 05:46 PM
Administrator

I was talking about the election with a few people in church today and we realized that Obama won reelection because he loves the poor people and he loves taking care of poor people.

In fact, he loves poor people soooo much that his goal is to make EVERYBODY in the country poor, so he can care for us all.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:51 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
he loves poor people soooo much that his goal is to make EVERYBODY in the country poor, so he can care for us all.
you should be so lucky

I think its more like, he wants to steal your money with stealth tax, and promise to help you should you ever need it...leaving you extra poor...and I betcha if something went wrong, he'd not be very quick to help you after all.

He cheats you out of extra money based on promises which are lies.

Thats what the Health Care reform was all about. He doesnt want you to be rich and buy your own health care insurance...he just wants those who cant to be forced to give him an extra tax which he promises will go on health...looks like the Supreme Court saw through that and upheld it in the hopes that they know he would rather spend the money on the federation then health.

Perhaps if he raises enough money he can avoid a fiscal cliff...coz you all dont mind paying for partisan politics after all
Old 11-11-2012, 05:59 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
you should be so lucky

I think its more like, he wants to steal your money with stealth tax, and promise to help you should you ever need it...leaving you extra poor...and I betcha if something went wrong, he'd not be very quick to help you after all.
Kind of like what's going on with the Sandy relief effort. He doesn't care about those people now that he's been reelected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Thats what the Health Care reform was all about. He doesnt want you to be rich and buy your own health care insurance...he just wants those who cant to be forced to give him an extra tax which he promises will go on health...looks like the Supreme Court saw through that and upheld it in the hopes that they know he would rather spend the money on the federation then health.
There are two ways for Obamacare to pan out. One is that it will cause insurance rates to skyrocket so high that people won't be able to afford insurance anymore. So the government will come in with their own "low cost" health insurance to "compete" with the commercial insurance companies. Its rates will be so low that a majority of people will switch over and the government will then control everyone's healthcare.

The other possibility is that Obamacare will bankrupt the insurance industry, because it's impossible for them to remain profitable if they are required to insure everyone, forcing a government takeover of healthcare. People will be so scared of not having insurance that they will welcome the government program with open arms.

Either way, the US government will end up with the power of life and death over its citizens and that will be the death of freedom in this country.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:
I was talking about the election with a few people in church today and we realized that Obama won reelection because he loves the poor people and he loves taking care of poor people.

In fact, he loves poor people soooo much that his goal is to make EVERYBODY in the country poor, so he can care for us all.
Did you know that after he was elected the first time, he and his team kept all their offices open in all these swing states like Ohio and Florida, Virginia, etc..., so they've been on the ground these last four years continuing his campaign on college campuses, in minority and poor neighborhoods, with hispanics, asians, women, and then actually taking people to the polls to vote....this is how he won again. This is what was meant when you heard people say he had a great ground game getting out the vote. Another thing in his favor he didn't have to go through a primary like Romney did, he could start spending his money way earlier.

This morning when the President was at the ceremony placing the wreath at the grave of the Unknown Soldier at Arlington Cemetery, I couldn't help but think, "I wonder what these military people and veterans think of their Commander-in-Chief with what went down in Benghazi two months to this day on 9/11?"
Old 11-11-2012, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Either way, the US government will end up with the power of life and death over its citizens and that will be the death of freedom in this country.
Last night, I caught the beginning of John Stossel on FOX, and he was showing a clip where they sent a reporter out asking people (pretty sure they voted for Obama), "What does Obama's re-election mean to freedom?", and all of them had this stumped look on their faces...they didn't have a clue what the guy was asking them!
Old 11-11-2012, 07:00 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Last night, I caught the beginning of John Stossel on FOX, and he was showing a clip where they sent a reporter out asking people (pretty sure they voted for Obama), "What does Obama's re-election mean to freedom?", and all of them had this stumped look on their faces...they didn't have a clue what the guy was asking them!
Bill O'Reilly had it exactly right, most Americans today don't care about freedom, they just want a government that will give them stuff.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:05 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Kind of like what's going on with the Sandy relief effort. He doesn't care about those people now that he's been reelected.

There are two ways for Obamacare to pan out. One is that it will cause insurance rates to skyrocket so high that people won't be able to afford insurance anymore. So the government will come in with their own "low cost" health insurance to "compete" with the commercial insurance companies. Its rates will be so low that a majority of people will switch over and the government will then control everyone's healthcare.

The other possibility is that Obamacare will bankrupt the insurance industry, because it's impossible for them to remain profitable if they are required to insure everyone, forcing a government takeover of healthcare. People will be so scared of not having insurance that they will welcome the government program with open arms.

Well you'll have a two tier system like what we have in England I suppose...In essence, those who can afford to go Private will pay for their health care through insurance...those that cant will be relient on the Government...what I'm not sure about is whether this will make enough money for the Federation to truely put into practise any kind of working National Health Service...I figure more likely that this is a stealth tax, designed to tax the lowest people with the promise of providing them sub standard health care.

I'm convinced this isnt about health care because noone puts in a "pay us" clause if you cant afford compulsory insurance, and noone puts a clause about tutition fees for university in a National Health Service manifesto.

He either doesnt know what he's doing...or else he's somehow making a free revenue for the US Federation, which would be a Stealth Tax on citizens rather then anything to do with health care

If you ask me, from a Consitutuional perspective, your Freedoms already gone. It went when the Federal Government turned Soverign States into a partisanship bondage. You havent been free since the American Civil War IMHO

To be free you need to de-centralize the Federation, and put it firmly back in its box. No Republican nor Democratic President would dare give away half the power he has now back to the people. You need an Independant, a radical constitutionalist who will demolish your electoral college, stop your Congress from sitting everyday, allow each of the States to govern themselves in terms of all rules and regulations except for Continental Issues like Transport, Import/Exports, the Military, and of course a spot on the Global Scene...but then a true Consitutionalist will also be isolationistic. They might be a super power...like Japan was in the 1500s sort of thing...but they would do like Japan did and close their boarders, withdraw from all but the United Nations, and focus on themselves. The federal Government would be a mouthpiece only for the join decisions of the representatives of soverign states. It would be like a Status Update...not an edict on things beyond its Soverignty.

Only then shall you be free, as you were.

The negatives will include giving up status and power on the world stage, and therefore influence. The negatives will also be infighting between different states, as happened in the lead up to the Civil War. But better you be free to have a civil war, then be tied in bondage to each other so much that you cant tell your Nevada from your New York.

There is another reason this cant happen...you will have to give up your partisanship and start caring, instead, for your State. You will be neither Red, nor Blue...infact, you will be White I suppose. You will be independant of that type of political smokescreen which has kept you fighting over two ideologies when you should have been fighting for your State.

Only when viewed like this can you see how far the US had moved from its constitutional basis. Thats my opinion anyway

LOOK! NATER! You have created a Monster

I am so more Right wing then I used to be. So much so, the other day I sat on my table musing through the Daily Mirror...and on the other table sat a friend who has talked to me about politics so many times, both british and american and european. He sat reading the daily mail...we both sat there pretending to read until finally he said

"Swap you"

I delightfully dropped the page and said

"Of Course"

As we met in the middle to exchange dailys he said "You Fascist" and I replied "You Commie"

Old 11-11-2012, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
In all my anticipation of the end of Obama, I completely forgot about the end of the world.

But seriously...hear, hear.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 11-11-2012, 08:38 PM

Quote:

Exactly.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 11-12-2012, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
its not gloating .. bonnie was making a joke (i think) about obama reminding her of chocolate ..... i was just adding to the joke ... i think you are in great hands for the next 4 years .. i believe your country's economy will grow ... sad part is, most republicans wont admit it, will say it took too long ... it was refreshing to see a republican like chris christie giving obama credit where it was due ... wish more politicians were like that
Please give some examples......would love to hear how this is even possible....