Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 11-08-2012, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Wish more politicians had a disaster, so they have to acknowledge CiC walking around with them for one day? By the way, rnc, FEMA (in other words, Obama, since he heads the gov't) has done pretty much nothing for the people still suffering. Ditto that idiot Bloomberg. Private citizens (including my next door neighbor) and churches - yes, CHURCHES - have done far more for the vicitms.

I know you like to poke us in the eye with this election, just like I would have done to you if it had gone the other way. What I'm saying is...this disaster of a president won't affect YOU.

Just where is the economy "coming back"? Our property value is still down 25%; thank heavens we don't need to sell it at this time. Gas is still hovering close to $4 a gallon here. Groceries have gone up an average of 10% the last couple years while salaries stay stagnant. Household income has gone down. Oh yes, unemployment has gone down too...for one month it went from 8.2% to 7.8%. Then last month it crept up again to 7.9%. This is for almost 4 years now. How about that 316 point stock market plunge? Our 401K is going to once again take a dive. It's down almost 100 additional points today. Now that Obamacare is going to be fully implemented, our employer will most likely drop the private ins. that we both pay for and let us get on gubbmint insurance. Great. More patients for fewer doctors as - despite the lies told by Obama - he DID raid medicare to the tune of billions and doctors will be reimbursed approx. 35% less than they are now so he can fund this joke of a bill. Doctors everywhere in the US have said they will no longer accept Medicare patients with that rate of reimbursal as it's not economically feasible to them - or they will simply retire or close their practice.

Please don't tell me how "great" he's going to be. He will be remembered as a thin-skinned community organizer who brought our great country to economic ruin and fueled race and class warfare as never before in our history.

As for that 47%? You know, that huge group of people on the gov't dole that Romney had the stones to talk about? My husband and I are getting sick of working our a$$es off to pay for their free stuff. And with the numbers of the "payors" shrinking while the number of the "payees" grows exponentially, we'll move.
a lot of countries are going through the same thing ... everything up here is expensive ... a car made in canada and shipped across the border is $10,000 more expensive here than it is there, coming off the same line (cross border shopping is huge even if you have to pay duty) ... sure, we are not in as bad a shape as the us .... but we arent far ... places like dubai are letting properties be taken over by the desert because they cant afford the upkeep .. if you think romney could have done better, because he ran companies, thats cool, 60 million plus people didnt think he could do enough obviously ...
Old 11-08-2012, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
its not gloating .. bonnie was making a joke (i think) about obama reminding her of chocolate ..... i was just adding to the joke ... i think you are in great hands for the next 4 years .. i believe your country's economy will grow ... sad part is, most republicans wont admit it, will say it took too long ... it was refreshing to see a republican like chris christie giving obama credit where it was due ... wish more politicians were like that
I was joking serious! I see you're in trouble...again! I did see your reply but decided it was probably best if I didn't touch that! lol

I think we are all adult enough (aren't we ) to have civil discussions about political things no matter how strongly we may feel about some things...or people.

You did end up calling the election right, RNC, unfortunately. <sigh> I disagree with you though, I don't think Obama has been a good leader or commander-in-chief for our country and I have serious doubts as to how much reaching across the aisle he will do this time around in order to compromise with Republicans to get some important things done. Another thing he promised us four years ago was transparency and his administration has been anything but!

Normally, I'm all for giving someone a second chance, but not in the case of the presidency, and definitely not in the case of Obama. He's had four years to show us who he is and what his thinking/policies are and none of it has been good for America, not domestically and certainly not with foreign policy. Quite frankly, I don't think he knows what he's doing! But, that 50% who like him and voted for him again decided that that ridiculous nonsense about, "I haven't had enough time" and "look what I inherited from George Bush" sounded perfectly reasonable as an excuse of why he hasn't gotten anything done (other than saddling us with Obamacare) and why he deserves another four years!

Okay, now he has four more years, let's see if he will finally stop his whining and blaming everybody else, and put his big boy pants on, and finally take RESPONSIBILITY...you know, that important thing that a real leader runs towards not away from!
Old 11-08-2012, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
I was joking serious! I see you're in trouble...again! I did see your reply but decided it was probably best if I didn't touch that! lol

I think we are all adult enough (aren't we ) to have civil discussions about political things no matter how strongly we may feel about some things...or people.

You did end up calling the election right, RNC, unfortunately. <sigh> I disagree with you though, I don't think Obama has been a good leader or commander-in-chief for our country and I have serious doubts as to how much reaching across the aisle he will do this time around in order to compromise with Republicans to get some important things done. Another thing he promised us four years ago was transparency and his administration has been anything but!

Normally, I'm all for giving someone a second chance, but not in the case of the presidency, and definitely not in the case of Obama. He's had four years to show us who he is and what his thinking/policies are and none of it has been good for America, not domestically and certainly not with foreign policy. Quite frankly, I don't think he knows what he's doing! But, that 50% who like him and voted for him again decided that that ridiculous nonsense about, "I haven't had enough time" and "look what I inherited from George Bush" sounded perfectly reasonable as an excuse of why he hasn't gotten anything done (other than saddling us with Obamacare) and why he deserves another four years!

Okay, now he has four more years, let's see if he will finally stop his whining and blaming everybody else, and put his big boy pants on, and finally take RESPONSIBILITY...you know, that important thing that a real leader runs towards not away from!
i was going to stay out of this but Nate said something that makes that very hard to do....but i will let that slide for now.
As for you though Bonnie let me just say this...
fret not pretty lady because no matter what you think Obama is capable of
he just doesn't have enough time to make things worse...after all,the world is going to come to an end in just over a month from now.
Old 11-09-2012, 12:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradW View Post
i was going to stay out of this but Nate said something that makes that very hard to do....but i will let that slide for now.
he just doesn't have enough time to make things worse...after all,the world is going to come to an end in just over a month from now.
you are such an a-hole and jerk ... lol .. nate loves doing the name calling ... but when it suits him, he bans people for less ...
Old 11-09-2012, 12:50 AM

bonnie, i know u were joking, thats why i replied with a joke (guess it wasnt funny...lol)... still love you guys!!!!!!!!
Old 11-09-2012, 01:38 AM
Administrator

Quote:
you are such an a-hole and jerk ... lol .. nate loves doing the name calling ... but when it suits him, he bans people for less
I haven't banned a single person in about 4-5 years. Stop making stuff up.
Old 11-09-2012, 05:17 AM

Quote:
bonnie, i know u were joking, thats why i replied with a joke (guess it wasnt funny...lol)... still love you guys!!!!!!!!
It was funny, rnc, I'm just very discouraged and down right now. I'm very sad.

You're a friend and although I enjoy crossing swords with you politically, we agree on other stuff...

And you know I love Canada, my home away from home!!!

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 11-10-2012, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradW View Post
Are you talking about the fiscal cliff, Brad?

Looks like the President feels he has all the power and leverage since he was successful in getting re-elected; Harry Reid also with that two seat gain in the Senate. I've seen some of the Obama pundits on tv since the election gloating, basically saying it's not the President's responsibility to compromise on this, that it's the Republicans' responsibility. So I guess if they don't reach an agreement on things before January, the Republicans in the House will be blamed and Obama will come off as the one who tried to be reasonable and agreeable.

Last edited by Bonnie; 11-10-2012 at 08:40 PM.
Old 11-11-2012, 01:38 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Are you talking about the fiscal cliff, Brad?
He's talking about this:

Although, if we were given the choice between the end of the world and another 4 years of Obama..... well, the end of the world isn't looking so bad after all.
Old 11-11-2012, 03:19 AM

In all my anticipation of the end of Obama, I completely forgot about the end of the world.