Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 11-07-2012, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Well, Romney only lost the election by 2.6 million votes in the popular vote; but they're still counting the votes in Florida so those aren't the final results. So that a pretty close margin and I don't think it means that the Republican party needs to completely reinvent itself.

I believe this loss can simply be chalked up to Romney failing to define himself properly and allowing Obama to falsely define him early on in the election. Plus, I think Romney played it safe in the last few weeks of the election and that hurt him badly.

Obama went negative right of the bat, so playing dirty and demonizing his opponent won him the election.
I agree, Romney shouldn't have let Obama define him for so long, and he should have attacked Obama's failures sooner and harder. But, to be fair to Romney, the playing field was so unfair with the main stream media in the tank for Obama, refusing to report important news such as Fast & Furious and Benghazi, and anything else that would impact negatively on the President, yet, never failing to slam Romney negatively. And then you see on the news Obama's picture on a wall in a school where there is voting going on...incredible! Obama gets free pass after free pass and laws mean nothing.

Herman Cain has it right, I think, when he said this morning, that Obama was re-elected because of his popularity. People put more stock in who they think is "cool" than in who is actually the better person for the job.

We'll see what happens, but I'm not holding out much hope that anything will change much, or enough, to move us forward.

I'm depressed!
Old 11-07-2012, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAVEMAN1 View Post
Romney should of attacked BO on the Bengahzi issue in that last debate. In fact, republicans.......if they're smart, should demand a full investigation. Although I think Romney was the lesser of 2 evils, I was hoping he would pull it out. Only because any thing is better than this marxist! I'm like Nate, I don't know if our country can take another 4 years of his policies.

With that being said, the results of the popular vote reflects that this country is truly divided. Both parties and the media did a great job of painting the right/left paradigm. Something our forefathers warned us about.
A lot of people said that, that he should have attacked Obama on Benghazi in the last debate, but I think he really missed the opportunity in the 2nd debate when he brought it up and Obama stood there and said how "offended" he was...that's when Mitt should have jumped right back at him and said, "You're offended?!..." And don't forget when he did try to point out that the President hadn't even called it a terrorist attack, the moderator, Candy Crowley jumped in to intervene on behalf of the President totally screwing Mitt. The press had already managed to fry him when he came out right after it happened, so I think Benghazi was a "no win-dead end" situation for Romney. The President was being "protected" at all costs by the media and none of that was ever going to touch him. And now that he's been re-elected, don't look for Benghazi to go anywhere, the press and Dems won't allow it to.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:50 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
I'm depressed!
Cheer up Bonnie...at least, thanks to your laws, we now know a future awaits of a time when Barack Obama CAN NOT run for ellection.
Old 11-07-2012, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Huh, stock market crash immediately after Obama gets reelected. The biggest post-election Wall Street decline in American history. I'm sure these next four years are going to be GREAT.
And, he's the first President to be re-elected with the highest unemployment rate since FDR in 1936.

I just don't understand the 50% that voted for his re-election.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Huh, stock market crash immediately after Obama gets reelected. The biggest post-election Wall Street decline in American history. I'm sure these next four years are going to be GREAT.
And that is only the beginning. I fear we are going to be another Greece.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:03 PM

Quote:
And, he's the first President to be re-elected with the highest unemployment rate since FDR in 1936.

I just don't understand the 50% that voted for his re-election.
George Soros and many like him did their job well.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:04 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
And that is only the beginning. I fear we are going to be another Greece.
Heaven Help Us if Angela Merkel ever gains THAT much reach

Do you know what the Greeks are actually saying and doing in their Protests

They claim they are now occupied by Germany, and are running around in Nazi Uniforms...I am NOT Kidding
Old 11-07-2012, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
Cheer up Bonnie...at least, thanks to your laws, we now know a future awaits of a time when Barack Obama CAN NOT run for ellection.
That doesn't really help, Dave; it just reminds me that we've got four more years of him!

I need chocolate, no wait, that reminds me of him too! Oh God, now he's ruined chocolate for me!
Old 11-07-2012, 07:07 PM

Quote:
That doesn't really help, Dave; it just reminds me that we've got four more years of him!

I need chocolate, no wait, that reminds me of him too! Oh God, now he's ruined chocolate for me!
And who knows, if he gets his way, he may extend President term limits.
Old 11-07-2012, 07:35 PM
Administrator

Quote:
And who knows, if he gets his way, he may extend President term limits.
Fortunately, they would have amend the Constitution in order to do that. However, Barack Obama clearly hates the Constitution, so I wouldn't put it past him to try.