Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-07-2012, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Well, Romney only lost the election by 2.6 million votes in the popular vote; but they're still counting the votes in Florida so those aren't the final results. So that a pretty close margin and I don't think it means that the Republican party needs to completely reinvent itself.

I believe this loss can simply be chalked up to Romney failing to define himself properly and allowing Obama to falsely define him early on in the election. Plus, I think Romney played it safe in the last few weeks of the election and that hurt him badly.

Obama went negative right of the bat, so playing dirty and demonizing his opponent won him the election.
I agree, Romney shouldn't have let Obama define him for so long, and he should have attacked Obama's failures sooner and harder. But, to be fair to Romney, the playing field was so unfair with the main stream media in the tank for Obama, refusing to report important news such as Fast & Furious and Benghazi, and anything else that would impact negatively on the President, yet, never failing to slam Romney negatively. And then you see on the news Obama's picture on a wall in a school where there is voting going on...incredible! Obama gets free pass after free pass and laws mean nothing.

Herman Cain has it right, I think, when he said this morning, that Obama was re-elected because of his popularity. People put more stock in who they think is "cool" than in who is actually the better person for the job.

We'll see what happens, but I'm not holding out much hope that anything will change much, or enough, to move us forward.

I'm depressed!