Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Sports

Old 11-05-2012, 04:11 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default VCU Rams 2012-2013 Season

From VCURamNation.com:

Quote:
Tonight’s exhibition win against Virginia Union won’t go down in any official record books, but it’s sure to raise a few eyebrows just the same.

The Rams used hot shooting and their patented havoc defense to completely out-league their DII rival from just across Lombardy Street, absolutely throttling the Panthers to the tune of a 94-44 preseason W.

Troy Daniels lead the Rams early and had a hard time missing shots, hitting 4-of-6 threes for a total of 16 first half points to lead all players. Daniels was 6-of-10 for a game-leading 19 points — 16 of which came in just 11 first-half minutes — and added two rebounds in the win.

The Rams hit 49.3% of their shots on the evening (52.6% in the first half) and turned Union over a very VCU-like 22 times.

Briante Weber was his usual disruptive self, notching 8 steals to go with 12 points in just 20 minutes of play.

The Rams played an incredibly deep bench, having no player play more than 20 minutes and 11 with at least 14 on the game.

VCU is back in action, this time in a regular season opening tip against Florida Gulf Coast, Friday, Nov 9th at 7:30PM at the Stuart C Siegel Center.

(Highlight video of the game at the end of the article: http://www.vcuramnation.com/2012/11/...virginia-union)
Old 11-05-2012, 04:20 PM

GO RAMS!!!!!!
Old 11-05-2012, 04:53 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
GO RAMS!!!!!!
Thanks, man! The nice thing is that it should be pretty non-contentious between me & Max from here on out. We've moved up to the A-10 this season, & next season ODU will be moving off to the CUSA. I think we play each other in early December (for nostalgia's sake, I guess), but other than that our paths won't cross.
Old 11-05-2012, 05:24 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

What's a VCU Ram?
Old 11-06-2012, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Thanks, man! The nice thing is that it should be pretty non-contentious between me & Max from here on out. We've moved up to the A-10 this season, & next season ODU will be moving off to the CUSA. I think we play each other in early December (for nostalgia's sake, I guess), but other than that our paths won't cross.
haha .. the most worked up ive ever seen you .. lol .... you going to many games???
Old 11-06-2012, 01:27 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
haha .. the most worked up ive ever seen you .. lol .... you going to many games???
Yeah, I'm a pretty laid back guy, but I've invested 9yrs now into VCU basketball (I'm still a member of the Pep Band & we play at all home games, plus travel during tourneys), so I get real fired up. You should here me watching an away game on TV, I turn the air blue!
Old 11-06-2012, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Yeah, I'm a pretty laid back guy, but I've invested 9yrs now into VCU basketball (I'm still a member of the Pep Band & we play at all home games, plus travel during tourneys), so I get real fired up. You should here me watching an away game on TV, I turn the air blue!
man .. thats pretty cool ... yeah, id say you'll be at a few games ... lol ... sounds like a blast bro ... enjoy!!!
Old 11-06-2012, 07:00 PM
Student of the Sport

I love college hoops! Lookie at what I am going to Friday night:

http://battleonthemidway.com/

Edit, been moved to Sunday due to weather.

Last edited by kevint13; 11-07-2012 at 12:27 AM.
Old 11-07-2012, 01:17 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
I love college hoops! Lookie at what I am going to Friday night:

http://battleonthemidway.com/

Edit, been moved to Sunday due to weather.
Dude, that's sick! Congrats, man!!
Old 11-11-2012, 04:21 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

From VCURamNation.com:

Quote:
The Rams opened their regular season in typical VCU fashion, forcing 25 FGCU turnovers in tonight’s 80-57 home win.

Briante Weber set the tone with a VCU single-game record 10 steals. The Rams swiped 22 in total on the night, also good for a VCU single-game record, passing the 20-steal total from Dec of 2011 against UNCW.

Weber was more than just defense on the night however, as the sophomore was an incredibly efficient 6-7 from the field (1-1 from long range). Weber posted 11 points on the evening and was one of four players to reach double digits. Three other players scored at least 8 points in the Rams’ balanced attack that included 36 bench points to 40 from the starting five.

Fellow sophomore Treveon Graham has been pegged as the man most likely to play the role of last season’s leading scorer, Bradford Burgess. So far Graham is off to a good start, posting a team-high 15 points to go along with seven rebounds, three assists and a steal in just 24 minutes of play.
Rob Brandenberg and Juvonte Reddic round out VCU’s list of double-digit scorers, with 11 and 10 respectively. Reddic lead all players with nine rebounds.

Another notable performance came from VCU freshman Melvin Johnson. The top-100 recruit scored nine points in just 12 minutes of play, going 4-9 from the floor and adding two rebounds (both offensive) and an assist for the Rams.

VCU will find the sledding much tougher against the next opponent this coming Tuesday. The Rams will take on the Shockers of Wichita State, who VCU last defeated 62-59 in the second round of last season’s NCAA tournament.

Prior to that, the Rams defeated the Shockers 68-67 in a televised BracketBusters contest as Joey Rodriguez hit two free throws in the final 0.8 seconds, a win that proved to be vital in punching VCU’s controversial ticket to the 2011 NCAA tournament that saw them make a historic run to their first-ever Final 4 appearance.

(Highlight video of the game at the end of the article: www.vcuramnation.com/2012/11/video-vcu-defeats-florida-gulf-coast/ )