Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > Matt Hughes

Old 10-17-2012, 04:40 PM

Thanks for posting that, Ben.

In the original article, I didn't like it that they wrote, "love him or hate him". But it was the only article I could find at the time and the rest was complimentary.

Thank goodness for 'The Ultimate Hughes" DVD.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 10-17-2012, 05:30 PM

Why wouldn't they be complimentary!

Matt has a lot to be proud of with everything he accomplished in this sport and with the UFC, and all the great moments he's given the fans. What a career he has had! He's traveled the world and met so many wonderful people along the way, and with some, made lifelong friendships, even with a former fighting foe. I mean who would have ever thought we'd see BJ Penn shooting guns, big, big guns on Matt Hughes' farm.

Matt, I'm glad we'll still able to see you on your show, Trophy Hunters. Another thing I would love to see is you and Pat Miletich co-hosting together as commentators for some of the fighting events...is that a possibility? I think a lot of people would love that!
Old 10-17-2012, 08:18 PM

Another thing I would love to see is you and Pat Miletich co-hosting together as commentators for some of the fighting events. I think a lot of people would love that! [/QUOTE]

+1

I kind of had a feeling that if Matt got into hunting season without having fought he might be really contemplating retirement. Matt, I have even more respect for you walking toward your family than I did even when you were walking into the octagon (and that's a lot). It seems not many can put those priorities in focus the way you have. May God be with you and your family in all of your endeavors.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:10 PM

No matter what Matt decides to do, Matt, Chuck, and Randy are the reason that the UFC is what it is today. These guys went in the octagon to win and leave nothing behind. I think everyone of them for what they have done and continue to do for the sport and their fans. I can only hope that the new kids that break into it remember to treat their fans with the respect that Matt gives to his fans, I have went to appearances with Matt and the guy would not leave till everyone that stood in line got the autograph and picture with the Champ, just winning dont make you a champ, doing what Matt did is what made him the best Welterweight Champ ever, and no one will ever come close to doing it any better. You have my love and respect, and I am damn proud to call you my friend.
Old 10-19-2012, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
No matter what Matt decides to do, Matt, Chuck, and Randy are the reason that the UFC is what it is today. These guys went in the octagon to win and leave nothing behind. I think everyone of them for what they have done and continue to do for the sport and their fans. I can only hope that the new kids that break into it remember to treat their fans with the respect that Matt gives to his fans, I have went to appearances with Matt and the guy would not leave till everyone that stood in line got the autograph and picture with the Champ, just winning dont make you a champ, doing what Matt did is what made him the best Welterweight Champ ever, and no one will ever come close to doing it any better. You have my love and respect, and I am damn proud to call you my friend.
Great post, you said it all there, Danny.

Old 10-19-2012, 06:16 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverback View Post
+ juan, + , & + , my friend. Well said.
Old 10-20-2012, 11:40 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
+ juan, + , & + , my friend. Well said.
I don't get it
Old 10-21-2012, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
I don't get it
Me too, but was not going to ask.
Old 10-21-2012, 11:45 PM

One...poo...and...tree....

Wonpooantry.

Hmmm. I think we're all stumped.

Old 10-21-2012, 11:57 PM

wonpootree...wonshytetree...woncraptree...wonflies tree...wonstinktree...wonpiletree...wonsmelltree.. .woncacatree...

Ok, I finally got it.

Doh.

tee hee