Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 10-04-2012, 07:58 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
well, he is looking at obama in that pic!
He may not have been cut off during that pic. I noticed that he looked exactly like that pic every time he spoke to one of them.
Old 10-04-2012, 09:36 PM

Winning!

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 10-05-2012, 02:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
He may not have been cut off during that pic. I noticed that he looked exactly like that pic every time he spoke to one of them.
That's true!
Old 10-06-2012, 07:54 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

The British Media are reporting that Barack Obama Flopped in fantastic style...We think he might have lost the ellection now
Old 10-12-2012, 07:58 AM

VP debates were tonight. Who watched them and what are your thoughts?

My thoughts: I enjoyed the format they had in the first debate last week better than the way tonight's moderator did it. I don't think it was a good idea (looking back after the fact) to put Joe Biden at a table so close to the moderator and to Ryan. The moderator kept letting Joe Biden consistently and continuously interrupt during Ryan's time, and then she would abruptly interrupt Ryan also...she never did that to Biden, and she never admonished Biden "that he needs to wait for his turn".

I know what Biden was trying to do, he was trying to be the aggressor to make up for how poorly Obama showed last week. But like one commentator said afterward, "#2 had to do the job #1 failed to do last week." I found Biden's facial expressions while Ryan was speaking way over the top and very disrespectful; he came across awful doing that! He constantly interrupted Ryan, by talking and laughing out loud, and he looked like a loon constantly smiling like that. A total turnoff for me!

Despite Biden's antics, Ryan remained polite and respectful throughout.

I don't think there was any clear winner in this particular debate. I agree with Charles Krauthammer's analysis for the most part (paraphrasing): "If you listened to it by radio, you would think Biden had won; if you watched it, you would think Ryan had won. Biden won on Medicare and Afghanistan; Ryan won on the economy and taxes, but there was no clear winner."

And it didn't seem to make a big impact with Frank Luntz' focus group of undecided voters, some/most were still undecided after watching Biden and Ryan.

I think we're going to have to wait for the next Presidential debate and see what happens with the townhall format.

Last edited by Bonnie; 10-12-2012 at 08:11 AM.
Old 10-12-2012, 02:52 PM

i enjoyed the debate .. yes, biden did interupt and make goofy faces, but i think ryan's continuous smirk was just beaming with arrrogance ... i don't think there was a clear winner, i think biden had the edge ... but i don't think the vp debate is meant to come out with a winner per se ... they both did their jobs ... biden stopped the bleeding imo .. or slowed it from the last debate .. and ryan didn't come off as an incompetent fool (not implying he is one) ... i think biden answered the question about abortion better imo .. and called out ryan on his inconsistincies which barack didn't do last time out ...

the ball is now back in the court of the big boys ... will barack fight back .. or will mitt give us a replay of last time .. i think obama knows what he has to do ...

should be fun!!!
Old 10-12-2012, 05:45 PM

Quote:
i enjoyed the debate .. yes, biden did interupt and make goofy faces, but i think ryan's continuous smirk was just beaming with arrrogance ... i don't think there was a clear winner, i think biden had the edge ... but i don't think the vp debate is meant to come out with a winner per se ... they both did their jobs ... biden stopped the bleeding imo .. or slowed it from the last debate .. and ryan didn't come off as an incompetent fool (not implying he is one) ... i think biden answered the question about abortion better imo .. and called out ryan on his inconsistincies which barack didn't do last time out ...

the ball is now back in the court of the big boys ... will barack fight back .. or will mitt give us a replay of last time .. i think obama knows what he has to do ...

should be fun!!!
I don't think Ryan meant any disrespect with the smile, but I do wish he had maintained a neutral face. Biden on the other hand was clearly dissing Ryan throughout the debate with those maniacal smiles and laughing while Ryan was speaking. It was beyond the pale and so disrespectful. I feel like he was trying to make up for Obama's fail last week, but I think it backfired on him. What are people talking about today, what are people going to remember years from now about this debate? "Laughing Joe"

I agree, there was no clear winner, but Biden's antics might have been a big turn off for some. I think because of how Biden came off, it will put pressure on Obama not to come off as disrespectful while trying to be more aggressive.
Old 10-12-2012, 06:12 PM

yeah . you could be right ... the pressure was on joe ... but i think he saved some face for obama ...... imo, there were two things that coulda happened .. joe and ryan end up in with a virtual tie or ryan blows joe outta the water and seals the deal ... i think it was the former .. even if joe came out and blew ryan to bits and made him look like a fool, it wouldn't have salvaged the ground obama lost ..
Old 10-12-2012, 07:30 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

The British Press havent really covered this at all...For, essentially, we, as a nation dont ever get to know the Vice President of the US under normal Circumstances...Yes that woman made waves last time...what was her name, Sarah or something...but that was because she put a particular image across the resonated...and because McCain was basically still unknown by the British when they went to the Polls

In England you vote for the party knowing who the prime minister will be by default of already being the party leader...but you dont know, when you vote, who he/she will have in their cabinate...Many English dont understand that the President and Vice President come as a known combo...therefore, in theory if you didnt like the presidential candidate, but HATED his opposing VP you might vote to keep the one you like least out...we cant do that with our Generals because they dont ellect their cabinate until AFTER they are ellected...In theory we dont know who would run the country if the Prime Minister we choose to ellect, dies in office, until he's already ellected.

Also...short of that happening in the US, we dont need to concern ourself about the deputy...incidently, I suspect that if the prime minister was killed or died, we'd probably move post-haste to another General Ellection.

The only news I have heard, relates Romney saying that he will accuse the Chinese of fixing rates to do with trade if he comes to power...not totally sure thats a clever move
Old 10-12-2012, 09:56 PM

Quote:
yeah . you could be right ... the pressure was on joe ... but i think he saved some face for obama ...... imo, there were two things that coulda happened .. joe and ryan end up in with a virtual tie or ryan blows joe outta the water and seals the deal ... i think it was the former .. even if joe came out and blew ryan to bits and made him look like a fool, it wouldn't have salvaged the ground obama lost ..
I think Joe was looking to make their base happy since so many were unhappy with Obama's lackluster performance, and I believe he did that.

Someone counted, Biden interrupted Ryan 82 times in 90 mins. And Biden had the nerve to say Ryan was taking more than his allotted time.