Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 10-04-2012, 04:50 AM

Default Debates

Who watched the debates tonight?

Romney killed it! The man knows his stuff!
Old 10-04-2012, 05:08 AM
Administrator

I didn't watch it, but I heard that Romney did really well. Even Yahoo! says that Romney came out on top:
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/r...-election.html
Old 10-04-2012, 10:07 AM

I wish you could have seen it, Nate. Mitt was totally prepared and countering everything Obama was saying. Even Bill Maher was tweeting about the President's less than stellar performance. I like this kind of forum where it's mainly the candidates debating with little interference from the moderator. They both went over their two minutes (Obama more so than Romney). Obama was the one who was going way over his 2 minutes, and then when Mitt tried to rebutt, Jim Lehrer would try to go on to something else, but Mitt didn't let him do that to him and he got his points in. I hope he doesn't let whoever the other moderators are in the next two debates pull any fast ones on him while giving the President all the time to speak.

I hope the other two debates go just as well for Romney. The only thing that worries me is what "surprises" Obama's campaign is going to come up with next especially now that Mitt won this first debate.
Old 10-04-2012, 11:59 AM
Hailey's Dad

I thought Romney had the better arguments but when Obama finished by touting how much he has helped the middle class and will continue to do so I couldn't believe my ears. I'm thinking - what the heck has he done for the middle class? Bury us in more debt? Gas prices through the roof? Shove Obamacare down our throats? Gee, thanks prez.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:15 PM

the debate was real good ... mitt did an awesome job .. obama never really got on and didn't really offer many rebuttals to mitt .. i wish the moderator would have taken more control, both guys were going over their time and stuff, but i guess that is what made it interesting ... mitt came out like he needed to prove something and obama looked like he wasn't really into it .. there are still two debates right??? if this is mma, mitt scored a 10-8 imo ... obama came back a little at the end of the round, but not enough .. obama gonna have to come out hard in round 2 & 3 if he wants to keep his job
Old 10-04-2012, 01:51 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
the debate was real good ... mitt did an awesome job .. obama never really got on and didn't really offer many rebuttals to mitt .. i wish the moderator would have taken more control, both guys were going over their time and stuff, but i guess that is what made it interesting ... mitt came out like he needed to prove something and obama looked like he wasn't really into it .. there are still two debates right??? if this is mma, mitt scored a 10-8 imo ... obama came back a little at the end of the round, but not enough .. obama gonna have to come out hard in round 2 & 3 if he wants to keep his job

I thought Obama did better than I expected. Although they both told some lies (of course) and avoiding some things.
Old 10-04-2012, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post

I thought Obama did better than I expected. Although they both told some lies (of course) and avoiding some things.
trying to put it in perspective for those who didn't see it ..

really? i thought obama would wipe the floor with him ... romney got some good practice against newt ... so i shouldn't be surprised ..

to me it honestly looked like 2008, but this time obama played the role of mccain and romney was obama .. LOL ..
Old 10-04-2012, 04:31 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Old 10-04-2012, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
What are you trying to say?

I liked that we actually got to hear more from the candidates themselves instead of a lot of time being taken up by the moderator. It's not fair to let Obama run over just because he's the President and then try to make up for time when the Challenger tries to respond. One liberal program host actually had the words counted, surprisingly, he was honest and reported Obama did take more minutes speaking.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
What are you trying to say?

I liked that we actually got to hear more from the candidates themselves instead of a lot of time being taken up by the moderator. It's not fair to let Obama run over just because he's the President and then try to make up for time when the Challenger tries to respond. One liberal program host actually had the words counted, surprisingly, he was honest and reported Obama did take more minutes speaking.
well, he is looking at obama in that pic!