Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 10-01-2012, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRShrek View Post
They will of course also ban teachers and other authority figures from promoting homosexuality to children, right?
Your comment made me smile, PRS. You'd be a great at debating, you get to the gist of the matter.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 10-02-2012, 01:34 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
Except there is evidence that people can be cured of homosexuality. Do you really think that GOD can't take away homosexual desires AND the desire to drink alcohol?
There is evidence that they are cured? I know some homosexuals chose not to live as a homosexual but are there ones that lose that desire?

And I believe that God can do anything he wants. I have experienced and seen things happen than can be no less as described as a miracle. I believe that God is behind those miracles.

How many Christians do you know who would claim they no longer have sinful urges after they are saved?
Old 10-02-2012, 03:11 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
There is evidence that they are cured? I know some homosexuals chose not to live as a homosexual but are there ones that lose that desire?
Yes. One of them is Brad Grammar, who was a homosexual for many years until GOD eventually cured him of his same sex attraction and has been happily married to his wife for almost 20 years now. He spoke at our church a couple of years back here is the sermon:

http://www.hillsboropc.org/sermonman...ermonID=20829&
Old 10-02-2012, 12:07 PM
Hailey's Dad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
Mike!
At least one person laughed at my comment. I'm starting to feel like my talents are wasted here. Where did all the fun people go?
Old 10-02-2012, 01:47 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike View Post
At least one person laughed at my comment. I'm starting to feel like my talents are wasted here. Where did all the fun people go?
Work's been stupid busy. I'm barely able to lurk effectively anymore.
Old 10-02-2012, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Work's been stupid busy. I'm barely able to lurk effectively anymore.
well you are just going to have to become a better multitasker .. not get in the post a picture thread and do your best!!!! we can't be forced to watch dave's video blogs anymore!!!!!!

kidding dave ...
Old 10-02-2012, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
My opinion is irrelevant and so is yours. The only thing that matters is what GOD's Word says.

Do you even know what the Bible says about homosexuality?
i am sure it is pretty bad ... but i guess i can't claim to be Christian if i don't see being gay as a sin ...
Old 10-02-2012, 03:02 PM
Formerly Dethbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Your comment made me smile, PRS. You'd be a great at debating, you get to the gist of the matter.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
well .. that is the dilemma ... some people believe it is a form of perversion ... while others feel it is a natural occurring thing .. i think people are born gay ...
i think some people are born murderers, rapists, incestous, beastialists, pedophiles and polygamous but that doesn't make em acceptable to society
Old 10-02-2012, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
in your opinion though it is a sin ... i see nothing wrong with men or women carrying on a relationship with the same sex ... if they are in a loving, monogomous relationship, i see nothing wrong with it ... i agree you were taught that it is a sin .. that is fine ... i still don't think a parent should be able to put their kid through "therapy" which involves some would say torture for an "ailment" the teen doesn't feel is detrimental to their well-being ..
first off the stuff you claim is going on is already illegal, there doesn't need to be another law making it illegal to shock someone in the balls against their will

secondly is incest okay since it is a loving monogamous relationship, how about pedophilia as long as both parties are consentual

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
I personally try to accept people for who they are
since you said you are open to being swayed, i will just say ask you if you are open to accepting people as pedophiles, incestous, "animal lovers", etc....

and lastly, if the whole ball shocking thing was some form of perverted sex, then it would be getting "protection", instead of ranting about leaving them alone with what happens behind closed doors, they are banning it