Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 09-19-2012, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRShrek View Post
The problem is that a significant portion of the population feels that foreign policy and economics are things only nerds care about, they will vote for whoever keeps that EBT card topped up. If the next administration doesn’t do something about that we will be in serious trouble. If you think it is good policy to avoid talking about real problems, if you think it is dumb to tell people something they may not want to hear, then I guess that explains why you’re an Obama supporter.
i hear ya .. but thats the point .. mitt said those things behind doors to his rich donors ... do you think that is something he would actually say if he knew the cameras were on? i doubt it he'll defend what he said when it comes to the televised debates ..
Old 09-19-2012, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
i probably don't know much about US politics ... even though i don't .. i dont' think it is good policy to not worry about 47% of the people and focus on the rest ... mitt has been saying some dumb things .. like he doesn't even care and doesn't want to win the election ....... i know that is not true .. but hey .. what do i know ..
Do you pick up the democratic talking points before you post on the forums? What about Obama's video, where he talks about believing in "redistribution" and how he would accomplish that? Did you miss that one?

Your distortion of what Romney said is very good spin, however. Keep trying, you've got 48 more days.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 09-19-2012, 05:02 PM

Quote:
i hear ya .. but thats the point .. mitt said those things behind doors to his rich donors ... do you think that is something he would actually say if he knew the cameras were on? i doubt it he'll defend what he said when it comes to the televised debates ..
To his rich donors? You say that like it's a bad thing, who do you think would be at a campaign dinner, hobos? It's not like Obama doesn't do the same thing, lol! It's too bad you aren't as concerned about Obama's gaffes when he thought he was off-mike, like telling Pres. Medvedev that he'd "have more flexibility after the election" regarding missile defense. Do you understand the implications of that statement and Medvedev's reply?

Mitt HAS said it when the cameras are on. You see, like Dethbob said, we conservatives believe there should be a safety net for those who can't care for themselves. Other that that, we believe in self-reliance. Under Obama, government entitlements have increased to a point that is unsustainable. We are quickly going the way of Greece only with 30 x their population. If that happens, believe me, it will affect Canada.

Last edited by flo; 09-19-2012 at 05:52 PM.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:27 PM
Formerly Dethbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Under Obama, government entitlements have increased to a point that is unsustainable. We are quickly going the way of Greece only with 30 x their population. If that happens, believe me, it will affect Canada.
I’m sure rnc will be much less smug about things when millions of hard working Americans start streaming across the border looking for work!

I’m only partly kidding. An Obama win would mean things are already much worse than I think they currently are, and they would get much much worse after that.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:40 PM

Quote:
i probably don't know much about US politics ... even though i don't .. i dont' think it is good policy to not worry about 47% of the people and focus on the rest ... mitt has been saying some dumb things .. like he doesn't even care and doesn't want to win the election ....... i know that is not true .. but hey .. what do i know ..
I think he was really talking about Obama's base when he made that 47% statement. I don't think he truly meant to include others that make up that 47% total, but it doesn't change the truth about what he was trying to say. There are a certain amount of people who WANT the government to pay for them and those people are going to vote for Obama, not him, and that's the TRUTH, and that's what he was saying!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
At least we can appreciate the karma of the jihadist that died from inhaling the smoke of the flag he had just burned...
Wow. Maybe that particular U.S. flag was made in China.

http://courantblogs.com/investigativ...flag-was-made/

Last edited by Bonnie; 09-19-2012 at 05:46 PM.
Old 09-19-2012, 05:41 PM

haha . didn't realize i was smug ... so my apologies ... i just thought we were having a good conversation ... i know this hits home more for you all as it is an american election .. and i have little to gain or lose from the outcome ... and yes, obama has made plenty of gaffes in his speeches and some of them make threads here (more so at the outset of his presidency) ...
Old 09-19-2012, 05:56 PM
Administrator

Quote:
well, herman cain had a chance, but he didn't last a week into the process .. and if he made it this far, he woulda been eaten alive .. i have said this before .. there are only 2 republicans that coulda beaten BHO .. bobby jindal and eric cantor !!!!!
I always find it humorous when non-Americans or liberals think that they know who makes a good conservative candidate in an American election, as if they actually understand what American conservatives really stand for.
Old 09-19-2012, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post
I always find it humorous when non-Americans or liberals think that they know who makes a good conservative candidate in an American election, as if they actually understand what American conservatives really stand for.
do you think Mitt Romney represents American conservatives? honestly? my opinion? obviously more then any dem, but of all the choices, do you think his nomination best represented those of American conservatives?
Old 09-19-2012, 07:58 PM
Formerly Dethbob

Quote:
do you think Mitt Romney represents American conservatives? honestly? my opinion? obviously more then any dem, but of all the choices, do you think his nomination best represented those of American conservatives?
Conservatives are not a mindless cult who think in talking points, there are a range of ideals under the Conservative banner and I think Romney appeals to a lot of them.

A lot of liberals are enamored with the ‘not a real conservative’ meme, hoping to sow division on our side. The only person the left ever certified as a true conservative was John McCain.
Old 09-19-2012, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRShrek View Post
Conservatives are not a mindless cult who think in talking points, there are a range of ideals under the Conservative banner and I think Romney appeals to a lot of them.

A lot of liberals are enamored with the ‘not a real conservative’ meme, hoping to sow division on our side. The only person the left ever certified as a true conservative was John McCain.
Well said, PR, well said.