Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 09-18-2012, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
like i said, this election is over ... if only mitt were latino, it'd be better for him ..
I'm hoping if Nancy Pelosi keeps saying that, Obama voters will end up staying home thinking he's got it!

It would be interesting to see how things would go if he were latino. Even better, what if he were African American? That would be a fascinating contest to watch!
Old 09-18-2012, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
I'm hoping if Nancy Pelosi keeps saying that, Obama voters will end up staying home thinking he's got it!

It would be interesting to see how things would go if he were latino. Even better, what if he were African American? That would be a fascinating contest to watch!
well, herman cain had a chance, but he didn't last a week into the process .. and if he made it this far, he woulda been eaten alive .. i have said this before .. there are only 2 republicans that coulda beaten BHO .. bobby jindal and eric cantor !!!!!
Old 09-18-2012, 07:39 PM

Quote:
well, herman cain had a chance, but he didn't last a week into the process .. and if he made it this far, he woulda been eaten alive .. i have said this before .. there are only 2 republicans that coulda beaten BHO .. bobby jindal and eric cantor !!!!!
Well, our choices are what they are now. In all seriousness, RNC, I'm very very concerned about what will happen if Obama is re-elected for another four years.
Old 09-18-2012, 08:43 PM

Quote:
Well, our choices are what they are now. In all seriousness, RNC, I'm very very concerned about what will happen if Obama is re-elected for another four years.
i hear ya .. the way i see it is this ... i could be wrong .. who knows ..... the republicans want obama out so bad, that they steered away from their true platform in nominating romney .. i think they put someone in their who they think could have a shot at beating obama and not someone who stands true to conservative ideologies ... again, this is the POV of a canadian .. sure, people will say, what is the use of having nominated someone who had no shot at winning??? true, but at least they would have stayed true to their beliefs ...
Old 09-19-2012, 03:00 AM

Quote:
rnc, you're a good guy but that statement just shows how little you know about American politics.

Nice try, though!

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 09-19-2012, 03:22 AM

Thanks for posting about this, Bonnie. I'm just shaking my head. Incredible, isn't it, that this administration was so inept as to not increase security for our embassy people in the ME (particularly Libya and Egypt) on the 9/11 anniversary. Then they have the gall to say the protests, riots and murders are due to this little-viewed film clip. Of course, we all know the big Obama slogan during the convention and afterwards was "Osama Bin Laden is dead, GM is alive!". There is no subtlety or gravitas to this administration. So how's that slogan working out? I haven't heard it since our people were slaughtered in Benghazi.

So yeah, they weren't on the ball enough to provide adequate security for our diplomats in the ME and other hot spots, but Obama's advisor, Valerie Jarret has full 24/7 Secret Service protection.

'Nuff said.

Old 09-19-2012, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
Thanks for posting about this, Bonnie. I'm just shaking my head. Incredible, isn't it, that this administration was so inept as to not increase security for our embassy people in the ME (particularly Libya and Egypt) on the 9/11 anniversary. Then they have the gall to say the protests, riots and murders are due to this little-viewed film clip. Of course, we all know the big Obama slogan during the convention and afterwards was "Osama Bin Laden is dead, GM is alive!". There is no subtlety or gravitas to this administration. So how's that slogan working out? I haven't heard it since our people were slaughtered in Benghazi.

So yeah, they weren't on the ball enough to provide adequate security for our diplomats in the ME and other hot spots, but Obama's advisor, Valerie Jarret has full 24/7 Secret Service protection.

'Nuff said.
Joe Biden was shouting it loud enough, maybe they heard him way over there and he's the one who ticked them off.

And now their response as they burn our flag and embassies: "Obama, Obama we are all Osama"

Last edited by Bonnie; 09-19-2012 at 06:35 AM.
Old 09-19-2012, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Joe Biden was shouting it loud enough, maybe they heard him way over there and he's the one who ticked them off.

And now their response as they burn our flag and embassies: "Obama, Obama we are all Osama"
At least we can appreciate the karma of the jihadist that died from inhaling the smoke of the flag he had just burned...

Old 09-19-2012, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
rnc, you're a good guy but that statement just shows how little you know about American politics.

Nice try, though!
i probably don't know much about US politics ... even though i don't .. i dont' think it is good policy to not worry about 47% of the people and focus on the rest ... mitt has been saying some dumb things .. like he doesn't even care and doesn't want to win the election ....... i know that is not true .. but hey .. what do i know ..
Old 09-19-2012, 02:37 PM
Formerly Dethbob

Quote:
i probably don't know much about US politics ... even though i don't .. i dont' think it is good policy to not worry about 47% of the people and focus on the rest ... mitt has been saying some dumb things .. like he doesn't even care and doesn't want to win the election ....... i know that is not true .. but hey .. what do i know ..
The problem is that a significant portion of the population feels that foreign policy and economics are things only nerds care about, they will vote for whoever keeps that EBT card topped up. If the next administration doesn’t do something about that we will be in serious trouble. If you think it is good policy to avoid talking about real problems, if you think it is dumb to tell people something they may not want to hear, then I guess that explains why you’re an Obama supporter.