Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 09-14-2012, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
do you really think that? i know you said relative to his other skills .. but i think his gnp is great ... he did a lot of damage to alves and fitch on the ground ... and lets not forget the sherk mismatch ... i think he will get the stoppage on carlos this fight and it will be due to gnp ...
What about Dan Hardy? He took Hardy down eight times, attempted gnp, rnc, arm bar, legs to ribs, legs to the body, and sprinkled throughout all that 4 attempted kimuras.

Last edited by Bonnie; 09-14-2012 at 05:37 PM.
Old 09-14-2012, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
I do Bonnie....

I really dont know...

Cause I want Georges to keep his winning streak going

but

I also Want Carlos to pull the upset!!!

If I really had to pick I guess I would say Carlos just cause he has a family and I'm sure they would benefit from Carlos win.. and Georges well he doesnt really need the money

If that even makes any sense..
It does make sense. I'm hoping Carlos wins and wins clearly, no ?, no controversy. I think it's good to shake things up every once in a while.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
What about Dan Hardy? He took Hardy down eight times, attempted gnp, rnc, arm bar, legs to ribs, legs to the body, and sprinkled throughout all that 4 attempted kimuras.
one fight ... sure, he probably shoulda stopped dan, but to say his gnp isn't that great based on one fight ... people said gsp was scared to stand with kos .. he stood the whole fight and then they said he pitter pattered him with his jab .. LOL
Old 09-14-2012, 08:10 PM

Quote:
It does make sense. I'm hoping Carlos wins and wins clearly, no ?, no controversy. I think it's good to shake things up every once in a while.
How Crazy Would It Be If GSP, Silva and Jones where to lose their title this year?

The only one with a real threat is Georges though.

but I would love to see Silva and Jones get Knocked Out! (It's Not because I hate them and I dont like them.. I think they are great fighters and exciting to watch, I dont like their Fake personalities but I like the way they fight.) simply because they've never been knocked out!

Imagine How crazy the divisions would go! And Fans Alike!
Old 09-14-2012, 08:25 PM

yeah ... it would be crazy .. but when no one at lhw could defend the belt more than once, fans were upset about that .. .LOL ... fans are crazy !!!
Old 09-14-2012, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
How Crazy Would It Be If GSP, Silva and Jones where to lose their title this year?

The only one with a real threat is Georges though.

but I would love to see Silva and Jones get Knocked Out! (It's Not because I hate them and I dont like them.. I think they are great fighters and exciting to watch, I dont like their Fake personalities but I like the way they fight.) simply because they've never been knocked out!

Imagine How crazy the divisions would go! And Fans Alike!
I guess that's as good a reason as any! And that would be really crazy if all three of them were dethroned. The only thing that would make that scenario even better is if it could happen all in the same night, BAM, BAM, BAM!!! I know that's not realistic, but can you imagine Dana's face?!
Old 09-14-2012, 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
one fight ... sure, he probably shoulda stopped dan, but to say his gnp isn't that great based on one fight ... people said gsp was scared to stand with kos .. he stood the whole fight and then they said he pitter pattered him with his jab .. LOL
Yeah, crazy fans, they're never satisfied!

You mentioned those other fights and it made me think of the Hardy fight. That was pretty crazy, GSP must have been thinking, "For the love of God, somebody bring me a hammer and stake!"
Old 09-14-2012, 08:44 PM

Quote:
I guess that's as good a reason as any! And that would be really crazy if all three of them were dethroned. The only thing that would make that scenario even better is if it could happen all in the same night, BAM, BAM, BAM!!! I know that's not realistic, but can you imagine Dana's face?!
LoL I love it!! That would be Crazy!!
Old 09-14-2012, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Yeah, crazy fans, they're never satisfied!

You mentioned those other fights and it made me think of the Hardy fight. That was pretty crazy, GSP must have been thinking, "For the love of God, somebody bring me a hammer and stake!"
That was Impressive!! Hardy showed some Heart!!!

And then the Natural Born Killer Came Along!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CSq4j10f2I