Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 09-14-2012, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
Well first of all Condit isn't a runner! No matter how much the Diaz Lovers love to throw that out. Carlos landed and threw more in that fight! Yes! He out-struck the mighty Diaz! Beat him at his own game! The difference was Carlos evaded him the whole fightg and landed some solid strikes!! If Diaz was so enraged with Carlos plan.. why didn't he take him down from the get go?! Carlos has more finishes by submission and by stoppage then Nick! He has a better Ratio!

Second of All Carlos has a Granite chin!! And the Heart of a Lion or a (Frankie Edgar)

I agree to the point where I also hope for Georges to get more stoppages but with that said...

If anyone should upset Georges... Not that he will get upset but if someone where to do it... I think in my opinion it should be Carlos! He's such a cool dude I met him at the Convention and he seem like a really genuine guy.
i think that is what he is saying .. people always find a way to diminish people's accomplishments when they hate on them ... thus if gsp ko's him, all of a sudden carlos will be glass jawed etc ... just like carlos became a runner when he beat diaz ... carlos is a good guy .. i just think this is a bad matchup for him .. if rory mcdonald was able to take down carlos and be winning the fight til he made a mistake, i see gsp doing the same, but with more gnp ... and i don't see gsp making a mistake ...
Old 09-14-2012, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavetar View Post
I agree he hasn't been the same fighter since the first Serra match, but Georges shouldn't feel the need to try & justify his wins. 14 of his 22 wins have been by submission or stoppage, and his decisions have been mostly very dominant...no other fighter with a similar record gets raked over the coals like he does. FWIW, I've seen fights get stopped for less than the beat downs he gave to Kos & Fitch too.

It's obvious to me that his ground & pound sucks, relative to his other skills. Stand up is technically very solid, and of course the takedowns are great, but he isn't going to pound anybody out, so he might as well let 'em stand a minute after getting the takedown and continue picking them apart on the feet.
do you really think that? i know you said relative to his other skills .. but i think his gnp is great ... he did a lot of damage to alves and fitch on the ground ... and lets not forget the sherk mismatch ... i think he will get the stoppage on carlos this fight and it will be due to gnp ...
Old 09-14-2012, 04:34 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

That's a crock of ****! I love GSP and all, but that's complete BS!

He used to overwhelm people and anymore, he's the one playing it safe.
Old 09-14-2012, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
i think that is what he is saying .. people always find a way to diminish people's accomplishments when they hate on them ... thus if gsp ko's him, all of a sudden carlos will be glass jawed etc ... just like carlos became a runner when he beat diaz ... carlos is a good guy .. i just think this is a bad matchup for him ... if rory mcdonald was able to take down carlos and be winning the fight til he made a mistake, i see gsp doing the same, but with more gnp .. and i don't see gsp making a mistake ...
Yeah that's true I agree with you.. I was just saying

Carlos has a slight advantage though and his advantage is Georges layoff..

Yes I've read interviews where zahabi and Kenny say that Georges is stronger than ever but we always hear that from the camps when the fighters are coming back from a long layoff.

This time I actually believe them though and this could be the Recharge that Georges needed. Not that he needs to but he can once again prove to the haters who and why he is the top dog in the UFC!
Old 09-14-2012, 04:48 PM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
Yeah that's true I agree with you.. I was just saying

Carlos has a slight advantage though and his advantage is Georges layoff..

Yes I've read interviews where zahabi and Kenny say that Georges is stronger than ever but we always hear that from the camps when the fighters are coming back from a long layoff.

This time I actually believe them though and this could be the Recharge that Georges needed. Not that he needs to but he can once again prove to the haters who and why he is the top dog in the UFC!
I want to see how Georges responds with his knee. Physically it is fine, but psychologically major injuries like that can be hard to feel comfortable with.

Second, neither will have Greg Jackson. Who does that affect more?
Old 09-14-2012, 04:52 PM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
Well, at least they most likely won't be advised to duck fighters.
Old 09-14-2012, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
I want to see how Georges responds with his knee. Physically it is fine, but psychologically major injuries like that can be hard to feel comfortable with.

Very good points I wonder the same thing!
Old 09-14-2012, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Well first of all Condit isn't a runner! No matter how much the Diaz Lovers love to throw that out. Carlos landed and threw more in that fight! Yes! He out-struck the mighty Diaz! Beat him at his own game! The difference was Carlos evaded him the whole fightg and landed some solid strikes!! If Diaz was so enraged with Carlos plan.. why didn't he take him down from the get go?! Carlos has more finishes by submission and by stoppage then Nick! He has a better Ratio!

Second of All Carlos has a Granite chin!! And the Heart of a Lion or a (Frankie Edgar)

I agree to the point where I also hope for Georges to get more stoppages but with that said...

If anyone should upset Georges... Not that he will get upset but if someone where to do it... I think in my opinion it should be Carlos! He's such a cool dude I met him at the Convention and he seem like a really genuine guy.
You seem to really like both GSP and Condit so who are you going with in this fight?
Old 09-14-2012, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
You seem to really like both GSP and Condit so who are you going with in this fight?
I do Bonnie....

I really dont know...

Cause I want Georges to keep his winning streak going

but

I also Want Carlos to pull the upset!!!

If I really had to pick I guess I would say Carlos just cause he has a family and I'm sure they would benefit from Carlos win.. and Georges well he doesnt really need the money

If that even makes any sense..
Old 09-14-2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:
No I meant at the moment. Since he beat Matt the second time he became the Best Welterweight in MMA!
That's what I figured.

Just so long as you agree that Matt is the Greatest welterweight of all time!!!

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16