Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 09-02-2012, 12:13 AM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,587
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
ok ... i have been away, and last time i was here i said chael didn't deserve the shot ... i think jbj turned down chael because he felt chael didn't deserve a shot at the 205 strap ... i don't think vitor deserves a shot at the belt either, but he deserves it more than chael ... glad jbj and greg are not giving chael the shot at the belt ...
Makes it sound like JBJ and Greg Jackson are in charge of deciding who gets offered a shot.

I'm really interested to see if JBJ says, "No" to Dana again regarding a fight.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 09-02-2012, 12:50 AM
JavierDLC's Avatar
JavierDLC JavierDLC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso Texas
Posts: 2,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
ok ... i have been away, and last time i was here i said chael didn't deserve the shot ... i think jbj turned down chael because he felt chael didn't deserve a shot at the 205 strap ... i don't think vitor deserves a shot at the belt either, but he deserves it more than chael ... glad jbj and greg are not giving chael the shot at the belt ...
How did you come to this conclusion?!?!? How does Belfort deserve the fight?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 09-02-2012, 04:25 AM
Max's Avatar
Max Max is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
ok ... i have been away, and last time i was here i said chael didn't deserve the shot ... i think jbj turned down chael because he felt chael didn't deserve a shot at the 205 strap ... i don't think vitor deserves a shot at the belt either, but he deserves it more than chael ... glad jbj and greg are not giving chael the shot at the belt ...
It's not Jones' job to decide who deserves a shot at the belt, that is the job of the UFC. Jones was more than willing to say he would fight Chael "any time, any where" and then once any time, any where came up Jones backed out. And once again, people seem to be forgetting that Jones and Jackson both said that Jones turned down the fight because 9 days was not enough time to be ready for a different opponent.
__________________

^this is what perfection looks like
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 09-02-2012, 05:44 AM
rockdawg21's Avatar
rockdawg21 rockdawg21 is offline
I'm kind of a big deal
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 5,584
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
It's not Jones' job to decide who deserves a shot at the belt, that is the job of the UFC. Jones was more than willing to say he would fight Chael "any time, any where" and then once any time, any where came up Jones backed out. And once again, people seem to be forgetting that Jones and Jackson both said that Jones turned down the fight because 9 days was not enough time to be ready for a different opponent.
This^^
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 09-02-2012, 05:30 PM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,587
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
It's not Jones' job to decide who deserves a shot at the belt, that is the job of the UFC. Jones was more than willing to say he would fight Chael "any time, any where" and then once any time, any where came up Jones backed out. And once again, people seem to be forgetting that Jones and Jackson both said that Jones turned down the fight because 9 days was not enough time to be ready for a different opponent.
Does anyone really believe that Jones couldn't have gone in and fought Chael even with that short of time to change strategy? I think he could have, and the odds still would have been in his favor to win. When Machida won the chance to fight him, he starts whining how he doesn't want to fight Machida because it's not going to get him the ppv draw and as much $$$$. Wouldn't fighting Chael have gotten him all that more so than fighting Belfort? Chael is a walking talking billboard for the UFC and any fight he is a part of, you couldn't ask for better advertisement for your fight.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 09-02-2012, 11:11 PM
kevint13's Avatar
kevint13 kevint13 is offline
Student of the Sport
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Greeley, CO
Posts: 682
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Does anyone really believe that Jones couldn't have gone in and fought Chael even with that short of time to change strategy? I think he could have, and the odds still would have been in his favor to win. When Machida won the chance to fight him, he starts whining how he doesn't want to fight Machida because it's not going to get him the ppv draw and as much $$$$. Wouldn't fighting Chael have gotten him all that more so than fighting Belfort? Chael is a walking talking billboard for the UFC and any fight he is a part of, you couldn't ask for better advertisement for your fight.
I agree that Chael would bring him more money for a fight, I believe that the rest of the card for UFC 152 will make him a ton more than he would have gotten at UFC 151, even if he would have accepted the fight with Chael. With Benavidez/Johnson and Bisping/Stann, I believe that more people will buy this card than would have bought UFC 151.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 09-03-2012, 01:44 AM
rearnakedchoke rearnakedchoke is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,555
Default

if the case that they didn't want to fight anyone on 9 days notice, that is even better .. he signed to fight hendo ... people are saying that it is not his job to determine his opponent, but he obviously has some say, or dana woulda made him fight chael ... and chael really needs to shut up . he is cleared to only fight in a couple of states cuz of his trt ... he coulda been an opponent in toronto, but he probably can't get licensed here ..

and yes, belfort is more deserving .. he at least is on a win streak ..
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 09-03-2012, 05:55 AM
JavierDLC's Avatar
JavierDLC JavierDLC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso Texas
Posts: 2,306
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
if the case that they didn't want to fight anyone on 9 days notice, that is even better .. he signed to fight hendo ... people are saying that it is not his job to determine his opponent, but he obviously has some say, or dana woulda made him fight chael ... and chael really needs to shut up . he is cleared to only fight in a couple of states cuz of his trt ... he coulda been an opponent in toronto, but he probably can't get licensed here ..

and yes, belfort is more deserving .. he at least is on a win streak ..
LoL yeah Tim Sylvia was also on a win streak before this Friday
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 09-03-2012, 06:26 AM
Buc Nasty's Avatar
Buc Nasty Buc Nasty is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: UK
Posts: 244
Default

JBJ is now claiming he was going to pay the fighters their purses until they were mean to him on twitter.

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 09-03-2012, 02:00 PM
rearnakedchoke rearnakedchoke is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,555
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Nasty View Post
JBJ is now claiming he was going to pay the fighters their purses until they were mean to him on twitter.

dana should have paid their salaries ... dont know why he didnt
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.