Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 09-02-2012, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
ok ... i have been away, and last time i was here i said chael didn't deserve the shot ... i think jbj turned down chael because he felt chael didn't deserve a shot at the 205 strap ... i don't think vitor deserves a shot at the belt either, but he deserves it more than chael ... glad jbj and greg are not giving chael the shot at the belt ...
Makes it sound like JBJ and Greg Jackson are in charge of deciding who gets offered a shot.

I'm really interested to see if JBJ says, "No" to Dana again regarding a fight.
Old 09-02-2012, 12:50 AM

Quote:
ok ... i have been away, and last time i was here i said chael didn't deserve the shot ... i think jbj turned down chael because he felt chael didn't deserve a shot at the 205 strap ... i don't think vitor deserves a shot at the belt either, but he deserves it more than chael ... glad jbj and greg are not giving chael the shot at the belt ...
How did you come to this conclusion?!?!? How does Belfort deserve the fight?
Old 09-02-2012, 04:25 AM

Quote:
It's not Jones' job to decide who deserves a shot at the belt, that is the job of the UFC. Jones was more than willing to say he would fight Chael "any time, any where" and then once any time, any where came up Jones backed out. And once again, people seem to be forgetting that Jones and Jackson both said that Jones turned down the fight because 9 days was not enough time to be ready for a different opponent.

^this is what perfection looks like
Old 09-02-2012, 05:44 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
It's not Jones' job to decide who deserves a shot at the belt, that is the job of the UFC. Jones was more than willing to say he would fight Chael "any time, any where" and then once any time, any where came up Jones backed out. And once again, people seem to be forgetting that Jones and Jackson both said that Jones turned down the fight because 9 days was not enough time to be ready for a different opponent.
This^^
Old 09-02-2012, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Does anyone really believe that Jones couldn't have gone in and fought Chael even with that short of time to change strategy? I think he could have, and the odds still would have been in his favor to win. When Machida won the chance to fight him, he starts whining how he doesn't want to fight Machida because it's not going to get him the ppv draw and as much $$$$. Wouldn't fighting Chael have gotten him all that more so than fighting Belfort? Chael is a walking talking billboard for the UFC and any fight he is a part of, you couldn't ask for better advertisement for your fight.
Old 09-02-2012, 11:11 PM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Does anyone really believe that Jones couldn't have gone in and fought Chael even with that short of time to change strategy? I think he could have, and the odds still would have been in his favor to win. When Machida won the chance to fight him, he starts whining how he doesn't want to fight Machida because it's not going to get him the ppv draw and as much $$$$. Wouldn't fighting Chael have gotten him all that more so than fighting Belfort? Chael is a walking talking billboard for the UFC and any fight he is a part of, you couldn't ask for better advertisement for your fight.
I agree that Chael would bring him more money for a fight, I believe that the rest of the card for UFC 152 will make him a ton more than he would have gotten at UFC 151, even if he would have accepted the fight with Chael. With Benavidez/Johnson and Bisping/Stann, I believe that more people will buy this card than would have bought UFC 151.
Old 09-03-2012, 01:44 AM

if the case that they didn't want to fight anyone on 9 days notice, that is even better .. he signed to fight hendo ... people are saying that it is not his job to determine his opponent, but he obviously has some say, or dana woulda made him fight chael ... and chael really needs to shut up . he is cleared to only fight in a couple of states cuz of his trt ... he coulda been an opponent in toronto, but he probably can't get licensed here ..

and yes, belfort is more deserving .. he at least is on a win streak ..
Old 09-03-2012, 05:55 AM

Quote:
if the case that they didn't want to fight anyone on 9 days notice, that is even better .. he signed to fight hendo ... people are saying that it is not his job to determine his opponent, but he obviously has some say, or dana woulda made him fight chael ... and chael really needs to shut up . he is cleared to only fight in a couple of states cuz of his trt ... he coulda been an opponent in toronto, but he probably can't get licensed here ..

and yes, belfort is more deserving .. he at least is on a win streak ..
LoL yeah Tim Sylvia was also on a win streak before this Friday
Old 09-03-2012, 06:26 AM

JBJ is now claiming he was going to pay the fighters their purses until they were mean to him on twitter.

Old 09-03-2012, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buc Nasty View Post
JBJ is now claiming he was going to pay the fighters their purses until they were mean to him on twitter.

dana should have paid their salaries ... dont know why he didnt