Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 08-24-2012, 03:03 AM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
This isn't a team sport you know. Who cares about "everybody else". I think Dana needs to put into the contracts BEFORE hand that if a fighter pulls out that they have to fight whoever they put in front of him. I mean, gezz, have you guys ever trained for a real fight before? Are you not training to fight that particular fighter? To have a last minute change in their game plan and not have a choice in if you want to take it or not is bullshyte! A deals a deal. If they want to be able to switch fighters at the last minute then that needs to be agreed on BEFORE.
Dana is just being a damned crybaby and it looks like he's taking his ball and going home. Oh PALEEZE!
I think everyone on the card should train, go in, and draw the name of their opponent at the door!

Old 08-24-2012, 03:15 AM
Student of the Sport

And here are Jon Jones' thoughts:

http://mmajunkie.com/news/30352/jon-...eplacement.mma
Old 08-24-2012, 03:25 AM
Stump Rules!

Now that would be cool....if everyone agreed to it before hand.
I'd like to see Forrest Griffin fight himself too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neezar View Post
I think everyone on the card should train, go in, and draw the name of their opponent at the door!

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 08-24-2012, 03:29 AM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
I like it...or one better. You show up ready to fight and when your walkout music hits that's when you know you are up. If your music is first, guess you wait in the cage and hope you don't hear Hank!
Old 08-24-2012, 03:31 AM
Stump Rules!

This is a bunch of bullshyte. You lose 2 fights and the UFC drops you like a redheaded step child. A contract is a contract. Period.Your not there for a favor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
You're right, it isn't a team sport....but you are all working under the same organization so that kinda makes you on the same team. If the organization needs you to do something, it is sometimes in the best interest to just do it as in most cases the favor will be returned.

Matt knew the risk when he took the fight with Thiago, he took the same ones against GSP and Joe Riggs, both on short notice.

Old 08-24-2012, 03:32 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

So Bones wants to fight at heavyweight but won't take a short notice fight from a middleweight? If he thought it was hard to have fans, he'll find it virtually impossible now. Pathetic
Old 08-24-2012, 03:36 AM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
This is a bunch of bullshyte. You lose 2 fights and the UFC drops you like a redheaded step child. A contract is a contract. Period.Your not there for a favor.
As do most jobs....ever hear of 'employment at will'?

Did the UFC ever have to sign him? He could still be fighting in smaller organizations, but they gave him a chance. This would have been an opportunity to return the favor.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:41 AM
Stump Rules!

Jones and the UFC signed a contract between them for Jones to fight Dan and that was that. I don't understand why everyone is so hateful because someone wants to stick to the deal and has such legit reason. Please everyone...get over yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
As do most jobs....ever hear of 'employment at will'?

Did the UFC ever have to sign him? He could still be fighting in smaller organizations, but they gave him a chance. This would have been an opportunity to return the favor.

Old 08-24-2012, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Jones and the UFC signed a contract between them for Jones to fight Dan and that was that. I don't understand why everyone is so hateful because someone wants to stick to the deal and has such legit reason. Please everyone...get over yourself
Hateful...this isn't hateful...wait until Sept. 22 and his music starts and he's walking out in front of that UFC crowd. I just wish it was taking place here in the states, preferably Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas!

The fans who've paid for tickets, airfare, etc...don't care about Jon Jones' contract, they care they just lost a lot of money and they see him as the reason. He's been very short-sighted with this decision.

Last edited by Bonnie; 08-24-2012 at 04:17 AM.
Old 08-24-2012, 05:18 AM

Quote:
Something we can all agree on! Oh wait, where's rnc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Hateful...this isn't hateful...wait until Sept. 22 and his music starts and he's walking out in front of that UFC crowd.
Yeah, he'll reap some boos for sure, Bon, but maybe the fair-weather fans won't still be hatin' on him by the time he fights again. I'll try to stay in hater mode though...

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16