Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 08-22-2012, 08:30 PM

i don;t know how he could have stabbed that tire that effortlessly, it takes a little effort to puncture even the sidewall of a tire

that looks like a bus, bus tires will run 3-4 times the pressure that passenger or light truck tires run, we're talking 120 psi, that is why it shredded his shirt, and anything that can peel the shirt off him like that can surely peel the skin off his arm to, that is my guess, even a snapped ulna or radius can't produce that much blood that quick, it peeled the outer layer of skin off exposing all the blood, imho

i have heard tires rip and start to rip, but i am smart enough to run the other way, not go up to it and bend over and look at it, about the time you get far enough away they blow, so that would be my guess as well, he heard the inner wall starting to give way and went to check it out then ka-blam
Old 08-22-2012, 08:30 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

OK, so I took a really fast & dirty attempt at #1, & I think my algebra isn't quite as terrible as I suspected. We'll see what happens when I attempt #2. What'd y'all get?
Old 08-22-2012, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
i don;t know how he could have stabbed that tire that effortlessly, it takes a little effort to puncture even the sidewall of a tire

that looks like a bus, bus tires will run 3-4 times the pressure that passenger or light truck tires run, we're talking 120 psi, that is why it shredded his shirt, and anything that can peel the shirt off him like that can surely peel the skin off his arm to, that is my guess, even a snapped ulna or radius can't produce that much blood that quick, it peeled the outer layer of skin off exposing all the blood, imho

i have heard tires rip and start to rip, but i am smart enough to run the other way, not go up to it and bend over and look at it, about the time you get far enough away they blow, so that would be my guess as well, he heard the inner wall starting to give way and went to check it out then ka-blam
maybe he did stab the tire... http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=4a2_1...905&comments=1
Old 08-22-2012, 09:28 PM
SupaDupaMod

Send a message via Yahoo to Neezar

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post

It will if it the bone comes through the skin. He may have even severed an artery. After he stands, you can see a spray of blood hit the concrete.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:22 AM

PS - this is no photoshop, it is a Reuters image.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 08-23-2012, 12:53 AM

A couple weeks ago, the news showed video of a tire blowing on a guy as he was inspecting it, and it was like an explosion, threw the guy back really hard against the pump, and he was down.

Ben, the first time I read your post to Mike, I thought you were calling Mike "moron".

Last edited by Bonnie; 08-23-2012 at 05:24 PM.
Old 08-23-2012, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post

PS - this is no photoshop, it is a Reuters image.
Old 08-23-2012, 01:10 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
Here we see two iterations of Elias Garcia Martinez' Ecce Homo: the original painted nearly 100 years ago in the Sanctuary of Mercy Church near Zaragoza, Spain, and the pitifully botched restoration done over the original by some random yo they hired because she had an art degree from Frank's College of Knowledge.

Zaragoza city councilor Juan Maria Ojeda had this to say about the situation:
"I think she had good intentions. Next week she will meet with a repairer and explain what kind of materials she used. If we can't fix it, we will probably cover the wall with a photo of the painting."

Old 08-23-2012, 04:33 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Old 08-24-2012, 08:06 AM

The Expendables - Gamer Edition