Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > MMA

Old 08-19-2012, 04:48 PM
Student of the Sport

Default Strikeforce: Rousey vs Kaufman

Thought I would add some photos from the fight last night.

Miesha Tate

Jacare

Ronda Rousey

It was a good time....got to meet Hendo and Punkass from Tapout.
Old 08-19-2012, 10:46 PM

Some good shots, Kevin. The one of Ronda walking out with the haze and lights is pretty neat.

I'm not 100%, but I don't think they showed the Tate fight, at least I didn't see it. They did show her eating an ice cream cone some time after her fight.

Last edited by Bonnie; 08-20-2012 at 07:14 AM.
Old 08-19-2012, 11:07 PM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Some good shots, Kevin, The one of Ronda walking out with the haze and lights is pretty neat.

I'm not 100%, but I don't think they showed the Tate fight, at least I didn't see it. They did show her eating an ice cream cone some time after her fight.
Miesha was on the undercard which I think they showed on a different Shotime channel. She didn't fight very well, but got the win. She was eating a cupcake after the fight which is also her new nickname
Old 08-20-2012, 04:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
Miesha was on the undercard which I think they showed on a different Shotime channel. She didn't fight very well, but got the win. She was eating a cupcake after the fight which is also her new nickname
Oh, cupcake! I guess in my mindseye I was remembering the swirly top thinking of soft serve ice cream.
Old 08-20-2012, 06:26 AM

Awesome pics!

War Rousey!
Old 08-20-2012, 07:29 AM

Last night was my first time to see Ronda Rousey fight. All of her wins have been by arm bar. Was there something Kaufman could/should have done differently? How can someone beat Rousey and her arm bar?
Old 08-20-2012, 01:01 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Last night was my first time to see Ronda Rousey fight. All of her wins have been by arm bar. Was there something Kaufman could/should have done differently? How can someone beat Rousey and her arm bar?
Well, the answer is pretty simple: don't go to the ground with her. Problem is, that enacting that solution is ridiculously difficult. As soon as you let Ronda get a grip on you, you're going to be thrown. She's an Olympic bronze medalist in judo: you're not going to be able to stop her takedowns. Then, as soon as you hit the mat, she's going to be hunting for that arm mercilessly. Her mother (Ann Maria) has been drilling armbars with Ronda since she was 12. O, did I mention that Ann Maria was the first American to win the Judo world championships? If you have a world champion drilling armbars with you for more than half you life, you're gonna be pretty slick. You will have seen every defense imaginable & have a trick worked out to counter it.

The only person I've ever seen get out of one of Ronda's armbars was Miesha Tate. Problem was, she was stuck on the ground with Ronda, & she ended up being caught in another one later in the round. Ronda's no joke. To beat her, you better have legit black belt skills on the ground & powerful hands on the feet.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:09 PM

the only fight that makes sense now is cyborg and ronda .. rickson by armbar no more ...
Old 08-20-2012, 03:32 PM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
the only fight that makes sense now is cyborg and ronda .. rickson by armbar no more ...
The Cyborg fight is likely not going to happen. Rumor is she wants released from her contract as there really is no 145 pound division anymore. I don't think she can make 135 and Ronda has been clear that she will not go up in weight.

If the Cyborg fight does not happen I think the only one who has a chance is Sara Mcmann. She is not well known, but is a silver medalist in wrestling and is undefeated. IMO she has better wrestling than Miesha and is a lot stronger. Not saying she can beat Ronda, but she will be a more difficult challenge.