Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 08-16-2012, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
That's my point people talking trash about GSP not wanting to go up in weight and fight Silva yet no one says anything to the almighty Silva who doesnt want to move up and fight Jones even though he's already fought twice at 205... GSP has never fought at 185 yet he is a PUSS for not taking his one and only fight against Silva? Get out of here with that....pffft.

If they really want the fight to happen im sure GSP and Silva can make 180 they can fight there... but GSP has to get a chance to shake off the cobwebs.
Honestly, Javi, I'm not trying to trash him, I'm just going by the deer-in-the-headlights look he's gotten whenever the subject of a possible fight with Anderson has come up on camera, and also going by his own words (bolded parts from article in my previous post to RNC). I can understand why he wouldn't want to fight Anderson, there is the very real possibility that he could/would lose that fight. I think that is what is in his head. I think he's perfectly happy sitting on top of WW and that's where he's comfortable. He's had that spot for a long while now, but even if he never moves up to fight Anderson, eventually someone will come along and beat him. When, I don't know, but it's going to happen if he doesn't retire first while still champion.

And you could be right about Anderson not wanting to fight Jones.

Respectfully...
Old 08-16-2012, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Honestly, Javi, I'm not trying to trash him, I'm just going by the deer-in-the-headlights look he's gotten whenever the subject of a possible fight with Anderson has come up on camera, and also going by his own words (bolded parts from article in my previous post to RNC). I can understand why he wouldn't want to fight Anderson, there is the very real possibility that he could/would lose that fight. I think that is what is in his head. I think he's perfectly happy sitting on top of WW and that's where he's comfortable. He's had that spot for a long while now, but even if he never moves up to fight Anderson, eventually someone will come along and beat him. When, I don't know, but it's going to happen if he doesn't retire first while still champion.

And you could be right about Anderson not wanting to fight Jones.

Respectfully...
it would definitely be his toughest fight ever, but gsp has never talked potential opponents when he has had a fight lined up .. he looked past serra and look where it got him ... i think this fight will happen .. superbowl show 2013 ..
Old 08-16-2012, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
it would definitely be his toughest fight ever, but gsp has never talked potential opponents when he has had a fight lined up .. he looked past serra and look where it got him ... i think this fight will happen .. superbowl show 2013 ..
Hey, that post was for Javi! Just teasing ya, RNC, but I did write a response to two of your previous posts, it's on the previous page, very last post...maybe you didn't see it?

If you mean he didn't take Serra seriously, as a threat, yeah, I agree with you. But, he did seem to learn a lesson from that. No matter how "easy breezy" an opponent may seem to you, go in there like it's the fight of your life, don't take anything for granted.

When GSP and Anderson Silva are in the cage across from each other and the ref says, "Let's fight!", I'll believe it.
Old 08-17-2012, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Hey, that post was for Javi! Just teasing ya, RNC, but I did write a response to two of your previous posts, it's on the previous page, very last post...maybe you didn't see it?

If you mean he didn't take Serra seriously, as a threat, yeah, I agree with you. But, he did seem to learn a lesson from that. No matter how "easy breezy" an opponent may seem to you, go in there like it's the fight of your life, don't take anything for granted.

When GSP and Anderson Silva are in the cage across from each other and the ref says, "Let's fight!", I'll believe it.
yeah true .. and i'll probably be having a heart attack ...
Old 08-17-2012, 02:20 PM
Formerly Dethbob

Quote:
If both men are still holding their respective belts when and if that fight ever happens it will be, no hype, the biggest fight in MMA history. And Im pretty sure the ref would say Lets get it on!
Old 08-17-2012, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRShrek View Post
If both men are still holding their respective belts when and if that fight ever happens it will be, no hype, the biggest fight in MMA history. And Im pretty sure the ref would say Lets get it on!
As long as the ref doesnt say "Lets Get It On.....Come On"
Old 08-17-2012, 03:45 PM
Formerly Dethbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
As long as the ref doesnt say "Lets Get It On.....Come On"
LOLCringe.
Old 08-17-2012, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRShrek View Post
LOLCringe.
Old 08-17-2012, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearnakedchoke View Post
no, he said in the article that he is afraid of no one.
actually he said...
Quote:
"Im not afraid of nobody.
which means he is afraid of somebody...

[
Old 08-17-2012, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
actually he said...

which means he is afraid of somebody...
could it mean he is also afraid of everybody?

but translated from his native quebecois, it actually means "i want to stay at WW and keep killing these cats and making bank"