Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-16-2012, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
That's my point people talking trash about GSP not wanting to go up in weight and fight Silva yet no one says anything to the almighty Silva who doesnt want to move up and fight Jones even though he's already fought twice at 205... GSP has never fought at 185 yet he is a PUSS for not taking his one and only fight against Silva? Get out of here with that....pffft.

If they really want the fight to happen im sure GSP and Silva can make 180 they can fight there... but GSP has to get a chance to shake off the cobwebs.
Honestly, Javi, I'm not trying to trash him, I'm just going by the deer-in-the-headlights look he's gotten whenever the subject of a possible fight with Anderson has come up on camera, and also going by his own words (bolded parts from article in my previous post to RNC). I can understand why he wouldn't want to fight Anderson, there is the very real possibility that he could/would lose that fight. I think that is what is in his head. I think he's perfectly happy sitting on top of WW and that's where he's comfortable. He's had that spot for a long while now, but even if he never moves up to fight Anderson, eventually someone will come along and beat him. When, I don't know, but it's going to happen if he doesn't retire first while still champion.

And you could be right about Anderson not wanting to fight Jones.

Respectfully...