Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 08-09-2012, 03:59 AM

Just thought I'd post an update:

So, I'm just down to neuropsyc battle... once they clear me, I can get back to work. Unfortunately, my extraordinary progress has hit a speed bump and is going extremely slow. I'm still having some memory problems, speech problems, and some comprehension issues. They are telling me that they expect a 100% recovery, but it takes time. It's disheartening to know there is the chance that these functions won't get better, I'll have to learn to cope with certain things.

Physically, I mostly back to normal. I lose my balance a few times a day at most. Otherwise, you'd never really see that I had been hurt the way I was.

I'm sure there are a lot more things I can bring up, but it takes a little longer these days to type the post, make sure it is written the same way I thought about it, and it makes sense mostly lol.

Glad to be back on the forums.
Old 08-09-2012, 05:43 AM
Stump Rules!

Well your post sounded perfectly ok. Glad to hear from you dude

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 08-10-2012, 04:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
Well your post sounded perfectly ok. Glad to hear from you dude
Thanks for the compliment. It took me almost 30 mins to submit that one lol.
Old 08-10-2012, 04:51 AM
Stump Rules!

Beats the 40 it took me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
Thanks for the compliment. It took me almost 30 mins to submit that one lol.

Old 08-10-2012, 10:26 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:

So, I'm just down to neuropsyc battle... once they clear me, I can get back to work. Unfortunately, my extraordinary progress has hit a speed bump and is going extremely slow. I'm still having some memory problems, speech problems, and some comprehension issues. They are telling me that they expect a 100% recovery, but it takes time. It's disheartening to know there is the chance that these functions won't get better, I'll have to learn to cope with certain things.

Physically, I mostly back to normal. I lose my balance a few times a day at most. Otherwise, you'd never really see that I had been hurt the way I was.

I'm sure there are a lot more things I can bring up, but it takes a little longer these days to type the post, make sure it is written the same way I thought about it, and it makes sense mostly lol.

Man, glad to hear that you've progressed so far & that the docs are confident you'll come back even further! Lord willing, you'll be back winning the prediction threads before much longer!
Old 08-11-2012, 07:35 PM
Hughes fanboy

Wow - had no idea. Glad you're recovering. I'm praying for you.

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 08-13-2012, 02:37 AM

Thank you all for your support. I appreciate it from the heart. God allowed me to stay here on earth, and I thank all of you for your prayers that have helped me. I have problems with words and thoughts some times so I hope this wasn't the wrong way to express myself.

I realized after reading the entire thread again that I never explained what happened to me that night. I still can't remember, and they've told me that I will never remember it. Here is the explanation I've been given though.

I was on a call, I'm a police officer, and I pulled off the road to talk to some kids that were out at almost 2am. While I was talking to them a car drive by us and hit my car, which struck me on the head and threw me about fifty feet. I hit the road. I had a lot of internal bleeding in my head, a subdural hematoma, which had to have a craniotomy. It's kinda hard to remember the specifics of the injuries to my head and brain, but I remember the neurologist saying they were able to keep the brainstem from rupturing. If thats the right terms for that, I don't really know. That's pretty much all I can remember from being explained to. Hope that helps. Sorry it took so long for this information.

Last edited by F34R; 08-13-2012 at 02:49 AM.
Old 08-13-2012, 04:34 AM
Stump Rules!

Dude you are tough! Your family must be crazy happy too

Glad you've made it so far

Hey, can you get me out of a red light running ticket?

Old 08-13-2012, 05:04 AM

Quote:

Quote:
Thank you all for your support. I appreciate it from the heart. God allowed me to stay here on earth, and I thank all of you for your prayers that have helped me. I have problems with words and thoughts some times so I hope this wasn't the wrong way to express myself.

I realized after reading the entire thread again that I never explained what happened to me that night. I still can't remember, and they've told me that I will never remember it. Here is the explanation I've been given though.

I was on a call, I'm a police officer, and I pulled off the road to talk to some kids that were out at almost 2am. While I was talking to them a car drive by us and hit my car, which struck me on the head and threw me about fifty feet. I hit the road. I had a lot of internal bleeding in my head, a subdural hematoma, which had to have a craniotomy. It's kinda hard to remember the specifics of the injuries to my head and brain, but I remember the neurologist saying they were able to keep the brainstem from rupturing. If thats the right terms for that, I don't really know. That's pretty much all I can remember from being explained to. Hope that helps. Sorry it took so long for this information.
God bless your heart, James, for all you've been through, you've made tremendous strides in a relatively short time. That's wonderful news that they expect you to make 100% recovery. This speed bump may just be a part of the process of how the body responds as it heals as time goes by so try not to be discouraged.
Old 08-13-2012, 05:54 AM

I want to echo what Bonnie said, good to see you back here, James. God Bless.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16