Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 08-09-2012, 03:59 AM
F34R F34R is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,101
Default

Just thought I'd post an update:

So, I'm just down to neuropsyc battle... once they clear me, I can get back to work. Unfortunately, my extraordinary progress has hit a speed bump and is going extremely slow. I'm still having some memory problems, speech problems, and some comprehension issues. They are telling me that they expect a 100% recovery, but it takes time. It's disheartening to know there is the chance that these functions won't get better, I'll have to learn to cope with certain things.

Physically, I mostly back to normal. I lose my balance a few times a day at most. Otherwise, you'd never really see that I had been hurt the way I was.

I'm sure there are a lot more things I can bring up, but it takes a little longer these days to type the post, make sure it is written the same way I thought about it, and it makes sense mostly lol.

Glad to be back on the forums.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 08-09-2012, 05:43 AM
MattHughesRocks's Avatar
MattHughesRocks MattHughesRocks is offline
Stump Rules!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 9,790
Default

Well your post sounded perfectly ok. Glad to hear from you dude
__________________


http://stumpdotcom.com/
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 08-10-2012, 04:02 AM
F34R F34R is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,101
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattHughesRocks View Post
Well your post sounded perfectly ok. Glad to hear from you dude
Thanks for the compliment. It took me almost 30 mins to submit that one lol.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 08-10-2012, 04:51 AM
MattHughesRocks's Avatar
MattHughesRocks MattHughesRocks is offline
Stump Rules!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 9,790
Default

Beats the 40 it took me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
Thanks for the compliment. It took me almost 30 mins to submit that one lol.
__________________


http://stumpdotcom.com/
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 08-10-2012, 10:26 AM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is offline
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,324
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
Just thought I'd post an update:

So, I'm just down to neuropsyc battle... once they clear me, I can get back to work. Unfortunately, my extraordinary progress has hit a speed bump and is going extremely slow. I'm still having some memory problems, speech problems, and some comprehension issues. They are telling me that they expect a 100% recovery, but it takes time. It's disheartening to know there is the chance that these functions won't get better, I'll have to learn to cope with certain things.

Physically, I mostly back to normal. I lose my balance a few times a day at most. Otherwise, you'd never really see that I had been hurt the way I was.

I'm sure there are a lot more things I can bring up, but it takes a little longer these days to type the post, make sure it is written the same way I thought about it, and it makes sense mostly lol.

Glad to be back on the forums.
Man, glad to hear that you've progressed so far & that the docs are confident you'll come back even further! Lord willing, you'll be back winning the prediction threads before much longer!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 08-11-2012, 07:35 PM
Vizion's Avatar
Vizion Vizion is offline
Hughes fanboy
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,217
Default

Wow - had no idea. Glad you're recovering. I'm praying for you.
__________________


Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 08-13-2012, 02:37 AM
F34R F34R is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 1,101
Default

Thank you all for your support. I appreciate it from the heart. God allowed me to stay here on earth, and I thank all of you for your prayers that have helped me. I have problems with words and thoughts some times so I hope this wasn't the wrong way to express myself.

I realized after reading the entire thread again that I never explained what happened to me that night. I still can't remember, and they've told me that I will never remember it. Here is the explanation I've been given though.

I was on a call, I'm a police officer, and I pulled off the road to talk to some kids that were out at almost 2am. While I was talking to them a car drive by us and hit my car, which struck me on the head and threw me about fifty feet. I hit the road. I had a lot of internal bleeding in my head, a subdural hematoma, which had to have a craniotomy. It's kinda hard to remember the specifics of the injuries to my head and brain, but I remember the neurologist saying they were able to keep the brainstem from rupturing. If thats the right terms for that, I don't really know. That's pretty much all I can remember from being explained to. Hope that helps. Sorry it took so long for this information.
__________________

Last edited by F34R; 08-13-2012 at 02:49 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 08-13-2012, 04:34 AM
MattHughesRocks's Avatar
MattHughesRocks MattHughesRocks is offline
Stump Rules!
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Nor Cal
Posts: 9,790
Default

Dude you are tough! Your family must be crazy happy too

Glad you've made it so far

Hey, can you get me out of a red light running ticket?

__________________


http://stumpdotcom.com/
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 08-13-2012, 05:04 AM
Bonnie Bonnie is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the bluebonnets bloom
Posts: 6,634
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
Just thought I'd post an update:

So, I'm just down to neuropsyc battle... once they clear me, I can get back to work. Unfortunately, my extraordinary progress has hit a speed bump and is going extremely slow. I'm still having some memory problems, speech problems, and some comprehension issues. They are telling me that they expect a 100% recovery, but it takes time. It's disheartening to know there is the chance that these functions won't get better, I'll have to learn to cope with certain things.

Physically, I mostly back to normal. I lose my balance a few times a day at most. Otherwise, you'd never really see that I had been hurt the way I was.

I'm sure there are a lot more things I can bring up, but it takes a little longer these days to type the post, make sure it is written the same way I thought about it, and it makes sense mostly lol.

Glad to be back on the forums.
Quote:
Originally Posted by F34R View Post
Thank you all for your support. I appreciate it from the heart. God allowed me to stay here on earth, and I thank all of you for your prayers that have helped me. I have problems with words and thoughts some times so I hope this wasn't the wrong way to express myself.

I realized after reading the entire thread again that I never explained what happened to me that night. I still can't remember, and they've told me that I will never remember it. Here is the explanation I've been given though.

I was on a call, I'm a police officer, and I pulled off the road to talk to some kids that were out at almost 2am. While I was talking to them a car drive by us and hit my car, which struck me on the head and threw me about fifty feet. I hit the road. I had a lot of internal bleeding in my head, a subdural hematoma, which had to have a craniotomy. It's kinda hard to remember the specifics of the injuries to my head and brain, but I remember the neurologist saying they were able to keep the brainstem from rupturing. If thats the right terms for that, I don't really know. That's pretty much all I can remember from being explained to. Hope that helps. Sorry it took so long for this information.
God bless your heart, James, for all you've been through, you've made tremendous strides in a relatively short time. That's wonderful news that they expect you to make 100% recovery. This speed bump may just be a part of the process of how the body responds as it heals as time goes by so try not to be discouraged.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 08-13-2012, 05:54 AM
flo's Avatar
flo flo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7,737
Default

I want to echo what Bonnie said, good to see you back here, James. God Bless.
__________________
http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=339&dateline=13068036  43

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.