Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 03-11-2009, 07:49 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
Ill sig bet both of you, you can each pick a line of my sig.

I take shogun
You have yourself a bet sir.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:49 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisco
You have yourself a bet sir.
Woot woot

Shogun better show up lol
Old 03-11-2009, 07:57 PM
County Mike

I think Crisco has this one. Shogun has looked like crap his last couple of fights. He gassed out in round one against an aged Coleman.
Old 03-11-2009, 07:58 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by County Mike
I think Crisco has this one. Shogun has looked like crap his last couple of fights. He gassed out in round one against an aged Coleman.
Yeah, he hasn't looked great, but its more understandable if you know whats been going on with him.
He had a lot going on outside the cage, and he should have never fought Forrest without getting knee surgery first.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:36 PM
Crisco

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomdanger
Yeah, he hasn't looked great, but its more understandable if you know whats been going on with him.
He had a lot going on outside the cage, and he should have never fought Forrest without getting knee surgery first.
That's agreed but a lot of Shoguns game was taken away from him with the rules in the UFC.

Shogun fought a lot of dudes and just soccor kicked them to death.

I think Shogun is going to be a A- fighter for quite awhile still. He needs to get readjusted to being a fighter.

Also not to continue a rumour but I truly believe that Shogun was a juicer in pride. I believe most if not all of the Brazilians in pride where on roids.

Not for any great performance boost but to help him deal with the issues in his knee's. He will need time to fix his training and to just get back in the groove.

Shogun needs some tune up fights against B guys to get him going again.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:51 PM
atomdanger

Quote:
That's agreed but a lot of Shoguns game was taken away from him with the rules in the UFC.

Shogun fought a lot of dudes and just soccor kicked them to death.

I think Shogun is going to be a A- fighter for quite awhile still. He needs to get readjusted to being a fighter.

Also not to continue a rumour but I truly believe that Shogun was a juicer in pride. I believe most if not all of the Brazilians in pride where on roids.

Not for any great performance boost but to help him deal with the issues in his knee's. He will need time to fix his training and to just get back in the groove.

Shogun needs some tune up fights against B guys to get him going again.
I disagree, all the times I can remember shogun throwing soccer kicks and stomps he was already winning by far.
I don't recall a shogun fight where the tables changed because of a soccer kick or head stomp.

I don't know how anybody can think he juiced,
he beat Randleman in the states, and knee barred him,
He also Koed overeem in the states.

*shrug*
Old 03-11-2009, 10:11 PM
Hughes_GOAT

Quote:
I see Rashad trying to take Machida down. I don't think Machida has been tested on the ground yet.

Not saying Rashad will be able to we have not been able to see his ground game really.

Striking with Machida is a bad idea for anyone.
Tito couldn't get him down, so it will be interesting since Rashad is a better wrestler than Tito. and, Machida has a black belt in BJJ.