Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 08-03-2012, 01:36 AM
JavierDLC's Avatar
JavierDLC JavierDLC is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: El Paso Texas
Posts: 2,306
Default Dana White Thinks Hughes and Griffin should Retire

http://www.mmafighting.com/ufc/2012/...-should-retire

So what do you guys think?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 08-03-2012, 02:18 AM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is online now
Allons-y
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,292
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
BOOOOOOOOOOOO
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 08-03-2012, 03:30 AM
Vizion's Avatar
Vizion Vizion is offline
Hughes fanboy
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,209
Default

Dana is right that Matt has nothing left to prove, but he's an electrifying fighter to watch. I'd say Matt's title shot chances are low at this point, but he's still got great match ups out there. Personally Matt is who got me interested in all of this and is one of the only fighter keeping me tuned in.

Matt wanted a shot at Diego a long time ago, why not? I'd also like to see Hallman again, or even Serra 2.
__________________


Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-03-2012, 10:45 AM
wavetar's Avatar
wavetar wavetar is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 216
Default

Choking out Almeida showed that Matt still has the strength to Trigg-Slam people...I just wish he'd do it! His stand up defence & chin make winning fights tough against today's UFC fighters. He's gotta go back to his roots. I'd like to see him school Diego on the ground & call it a career.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-03-2012, 02:59 PM
Primadawn Primadawn is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 102
Default

I'd definitely like to see at least one more fight before Matt retires. Serra II would be my preference, but honestly, I'd pay to see him beat up my brother. (No, seriously....how much would it take? )

Matt Hughes is absolutely the reason I got into watching MMA and I think his fans deserve to know when they're watching his last fight.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-03-2012, 03:18 PM
VCURamFan's Avatar
VCURamFan VCURamFan is online now
Allons-y
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Basketball Capital of the World
Posts: 14,292
Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadawn View Post
I'd definitely like to see at least one more fight before Matt retires. Serra II would be my preference, but honestly, I'd pay to see him beat up my brother. (No, seriously....how much would it take? )

Matt Hughes is absolutely the reason I got into watching MMA and I think his fans deserve to know when they're watching his last fight.
Agreed. To think that I missed out on seeing Matt's last fight would kill me. Heck, just sign a Hughes vs. Hughes match! Can you imagine the buzz that would cause????
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-03-2012, 07:19 PM
Liddellfan Liddellfan is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 90
Default

I think Diego is a bad match up fpr Matt. He swings wild and sets a very fast pace. Hate to say it but I think he would TKO Matt in the first round. I know I don't want to see that fight, ever.
Would like to watch Matt give Sarah another beat down though. Would be much better this time as long he doesn't get head butted and then punched in the back of the head 10 times right after the head butt.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 08-03-2012, 11:39 PM
kevint13's Avatar
kevint13 kevint13 is offline
Student of the Sport
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Greeley, CO
Posts: 655
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddellfan View Post
I think Diego is a bad match up fpr Matt. He swings wild and sets a very fast pace. Hate to say it but I think he would TKO Matt in the first round. I know I don't want to see that fight, ever.
Would like to watch Matt give Sarah another beat down though. Would be much better this time as long he doesn't get head butted and then punched in the back of the head 10 times right after the head butt.
I don't think either fight would happen anytime soon. I am pretty sure Diego was headed back to 155 and Serra looks like he would have a hard time hitting 205 at the moment
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 08-04-2012, 12:09 AM
flo's Avatar
flo flo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7,672
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
BOOOOOOOOOOOO
Word.
__________________
http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=339&dateline=13068036  43

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 08-04-2012, 12:12 AM
flo's Avatar
flo flo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: The Great Pacific Northwest
Posts: 7,672
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wavetar View Post
Choking out Almeida showed that Matt still has the strength to Trigg-Slam people...I just wish he'd do it! His stand up defence & chin make winning fights tough against today's UFC fighters. He's gotta go back to his roots. I'd like to see him school Diego on the ground & call it a career.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primadawn View Post
I'd definitely like to see at least one more fight before Matt retires. Serra II would be my preference, but honestly, I'd pay to see him beat up my brother. (No, seriously....how much would it take? )

Matt Hughes is absolutely the reason I got into watching MMA and I think his fans deserve to know when they're watching his last fight.
All great points, I sure agree with you guys.
__________________
http://www.matt-hughes.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=339&dateline=13068036  43

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.