Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 07-31-2012, 01:42 AM

I think the author is a punk. putting Sherman Pendergarst on any of these lists is incredibly poor taste since the guy just lost his battle with cancer.

[
Old 07-31-2012, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
this list has no credibility without mentioning kalib starnes as a fighter
I was thinking the same thing. I even thought I might have missed it so I did a "find" search on the page and only your post came up. Kalib "Mr. Running Man" Starnes definitely needs to be on there.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Please replace that picture of Wes Sims.
Yeah, that's creeping me out too.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 07-31-2012, 04:38 AM

I know someone who is going to be happy about #27.

Who is that creepy guy biting his opponent in the first graphic? Can someone clue me in?

Old 07-31-2012, 04:50 AM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
I know someone who is going to be happy about #27.

Who is that creepy guy biting his opponent in the first graphic? Can someone clue me in?
Read #22

I think one of the best parts of this this article is all the links in each entry that lead off to explanations of all the inside jokes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llamafighter View Post
I think the author is a punk. putting Sherman Pendergarst on any of these lists is incredibly poor taste since the guy just lost his battle with cancer.
Mark, thanks for letting me know, I had no idea. I can't do anything about the original article (obviously), but I'll definitely go back & redact that entry from these forums.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Read #22

I think one of the best parts of this this article is all the links in each entry that lead off to explanations of all the inside jokes.
Thanks, Ben. I have to admit I'd just skimmed through the article since I was just on the forums for a few minutes. I'm going to read the links later when I have some time to spend online.

Yes, that's pretty cold if they included someone who just passed away. Classless or ignorant, neither one is good.

Old 07-31-2012, 01:51 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Please replace that picture of Wes Sims.
Is this better?
Old 07-31-2012, 04:09 PM
Formerly Dethbob

Itís kind of unfortunate that he does the same ĎONE GLOVE! DERP! ONE GLOVE! DERP!í crap as everyone else. People forget that everything we knew about no rules fighting we had learned from Bloodsport and encyclopedia articles about pankration. Leaving one hand free to block and grapple and protecting your other hand to throw big shots made perfect sense AT THE TIME, in fact the gladiators of old did exactly that. These guys like to pretend they would have known better if they had been there but as far as most people knew, Jimmersonís gittup was state of the art.
Old 07-31-2012, 04:14 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRShrek View Post
Itís kind of unfortunate that he does the same ĎONE GLOVE! DERP! ONE GLOVE! DERP!í crap as everyone else. People forget that everything we knew about no rules fighting we had learned from Bloodsport and encyclopedia articles about pankration. Leaving one hand free to block and grapple and protecting your other hand to throw big shots made perfect sense AT THE TIME, in fact the gladiators of old did exactly that. These guys like to pretend they would have known better if they had been there but as far as most people knew, Jimmersonís gittup was state of the art.
Exactly. He was certain that he'd be able to keep Royce at bay with his jab & was certain that, with no time limits, he'd be jabbing the crap out of Royce's face & didn't want to screw up his hand. Hindsight being 20/20, he looks like a true Derp, but at the time, it was a wise move.
Old 07-31-2012, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Is this better?
Eeeeek! Too much gum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRShrek View Post
Great point, PRS.