Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 07-27-2012, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
I just went and looked. They've got lots of people on that list he hasn't fought, surely some would be good match-ups. What about Bonnar or Bader?
Well, Bonnar said he was thinking about retirement right? I'm sure he'd do a title fight though.

And Bader is being considered. He is one of the three the article talks about above for consideration. Rua (when he faces Vera) and winner of Machida vs Bader (assuming one of them gets an impressive win according to Dana)

But other than Bonnar who? And does Bonnar stand a chance? I don't know it's tough. I thought when I looked over the LHW there were considerably less than other weight classes, but I guess that's the case when you move up to the higher weight classes.

Alexander Gustafsson is doing rather well.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Pride View Post
Well, Bonnar said he was thinking about retirement right? I'm sure he'd do a title fight though.

And Bader is being considered. He is one of the three the article talks about above for consideration. Rua (when he faces Vera) and winner of Machida vs Bader (assuming one of them gets an impressive win according to Dana)

But other than Bonnar who? And does Bonnar stand a chance? I don't know it's tough. I thought when I looked over the LHW there were considerably less than other weight classes, but I guess that's the case when you move up to the higher weight classes.

Ooops, I totally forgot Bader was fighting Machida...short term memory! I think the odds might be in Rua's favor, but you never know what will happen in a fight, so sure, Bonnar has a chance. IMO
Old 07-28-2012, 01:24 AM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Pride View Post
I know that he is injured right now, but he would be the only other that should be considered. I think one more quality win would get him a shot.

I think if Shogun wins decisively he will get the shot. It would be a rematch with either Jones or Hendo and either are easily marketable fights. If Shogun loses, I think they wait and see what happens with Gustafsson.

As for those discussing the "winning isn't enough". I agree from a sport standpoint, but Dana is a businessman and unfortunately business outweighs the sport itself.
Old 07-28-2012, 12:40 PM

I think the UFC (ie: Dana) only let Vera back in because they pretty well had to after Silva failed the drug testing. They didn't want to, and now they're throwing him to the lions in the hope that he's gone after this fight.