Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > Politics

Old 07-26-2012, 08:00 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Default British Prime Minister backs Romney.....

When the French Presidential Candidate, Francois Hollande was running against Sarkozy and visited England, the Prime Minister refused to meet him, claiming it was not his place to influence or treat with kind, someone who had not yet won the presidential seal.

Francois Hollande succeeded Sarkozy, and has never forgiven Cameron for that

So you can imagine the press being quite suprised when David Cameron announced he was not only going to meet Romney when he tours the Kingdom, but introduce him to many high ranking officials AND discuss with him where he stands on the US/UK Extradition Pact.

He wouldnt comment, made no rebuff on calls of being hypocritical in obviously showing who he supports in the US Presidential Ellections.

Its NOT Barack Obama
Old 07-26-2012, 08:04 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

However...that may not last long.

Romney who is going to witness first hand the catastophe which will probably be the Olympic Openning Ceremony...has indeed epressed a certain amount of vocal concern about the event.

Cant say I blame him for not wanting front row tickets either

But he should be careful...its unusual for the Prime Minister to show any interest in a mere Presidential Candidate...and you gotta be careful, coz if you speak bad about England and then become the US President...England might not be your friend no more

Old 07-26-2012, 08:07 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Having said that...he's not said anything untrue...I mean...the G4S security issue has been a real issue...the press are calling it "undiplomatic"....but I would kinda call it...er..."Truthful" One must also not forget that he speaks from the experience of being in the executive of one of the US winter Olympics...so noone can say that he doesnt know how hard it is to put on such an event.

...and he sort of changed his tune after meeting the Prime Minister today lol. Bless Him...I think he'd be a better President then what you have now...so I think you should all vote for him.

Double vote if he actually dares to really carry Condi Rice as his Vice President...which was speculated over here last week hahaha
Old 07-26-2012, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post
When the French Presidential Candidate, Francois Hollande was running against Sarkozy and visited England, the Prime Minister refused to meet him, claiming it was not his place to influence or treat with kind, someone who had not yet won the presidential seal.

Francois Hollande succeeded Sarkozy, and has never forgiven Cameron for that

So you can imagine the press being quite suprised when David Cameron announced he was not only going to meet Romney when he tours the Kingdom, but introduce him to many high ranking officials AND discuss with him where he stands on the US/UK Extradition Pact.

He wouldnt comment, made no rebuff on calls of being hypocritical in obviously showing who he supports in the US Presidential Ellections.

Its NOT Barack Obama
Quote:
However...that may not last long.

Romney who is going to witness first hand the catastophe which will probably be the Olympic Openning Ceremony...has indeed epressed a certain amount of vocal concern about the event.

Cant say I blame him for not wanting front row tickets either

But he should be careful...its unusual for the Prime Minister to show any interest in a mere Presidential Candidate...and you gotta be careful, coz if you speak bad about England and then become the US President...England might not be your friend no more

If the French guy had had anything the PM wanted or needed, I'm sure he would have met with him!

Why do you say a catastrophe with the opening? I know y'all are having to use more than expected military troops for security.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:15 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
Why do you say a catastrophe with the opening? I know y'all are having to use more than expected military troops for security.
Coz....they are going to use Sheep and possibly fake clouds that really rain to try and create a picture of England across the auditorium...I worry it will be pants compared to all the other opening ceremonies...heck...we DO KNOW they will have a procession of Nurses to "celebrate the National Health Service"

Does that sound like a fun think to watch to you

We have more military in the city then in Afghanistan...and they arent all doing the sort of security you think...In England one thing which has ruined it for locals is the bloody sponsors...they say that you cant bring more then a certain amount of your own food into the olympic village...they have soldiers to conviscate those extra rounds of sandwhiches...so that you are forced into the loving arms of McDonalds

..and this meant those shops which displayed the olympic rings without permission from the sponsors got into trouble...one baker made the olympic rings out of sausages, hung it in his shop window, and got done for it....

...also..none of us got tickets...they gave all the tickets to multinational coorperations who did stupid prize draws...for those who bought their products...so none of us could see what we really wanted to see. More has been given away to special VIPS also...these dont even feel like they are Our Games...it feels like they are for all the other countries apart from us.

We are in a double dip recession where most of us struggle to live...and they are hosting the Olympics...and not really allowing us to take part in any of the fun

I'll be glad when its over...and just pray it isnt too embarissing while its on.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Coz....they are going to use Sheep and possibly fake clouds that really rain to try and create a picture of England across the auditorium...I worry it will be pants compared to all the other opening ceremonies...heck...we DO KNOW they will have a procession of Nurses to "celebrate the National Health Service"

Does that sound like a fun think to watch to you

We have more military in the city then in Afghanistan...and they arent all doing the sort of security you think...In England one thing which has ruined it for locals is the bloody sponsors...they say that you cant bring more then a certain amount of your own food into the olympic village...they have soldiers to conviscate those extra rounds of sandwhiches...so that you are forced into the loving arms of McDonalds

..and this meant those shops which displayed the olympic rings without permission from the sponsors got into trouble...one baker made the olympic rings out of sausages, hung it in his shop window, and got done for it....

...also..none of us got tickets...they gave all the tickets to multinational coorperations who did stupid prize draws...for those who bought their products...so none of us could see what we really wanted to see. More has been given away to special VIPS also...these dont even feel like they are Our Games...it feels like they are for all the other countries apart from us.

We are in a double dip recession where most of us struggle to live...and they are hosting the Olympics...and not really allowing us to take part in any of the fun

I'll be glad when its over...and just pray it isnt too embarissing while its on.
Oh wow, none of this sounds good the way you're describing things, Dave. I guess the Olympic brand is just like any other brand, protected, so others can't use it in any way. I did hear about the "more troops there for the Olympics" than what are currently in Afghanistan.

I hope it's not an embarrassment for y'all. I would think the Olympics would bring in a lot of business for locals with all the people coming in to see the games.

Last edited by Bonnie; 07-26-2012 at 10:43 PM.
Old 07-26-2012, 09:53 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Oh wow, none of this sounds good the way you're describing things, Dave. I guess the Olympic brand is just like any other brand, protected so others can't use it in any way. I did hear about the "more troops there for the Olympics" than what are currently in Afghanistan.

I hope it's not an embarrassment for y'all. I would think the Olympics would bring in a lot of business for locals with all the people coming in to see the games.
that might be the silver lining...but London...wasnt built for this...its got narrow, winding streets, its overcrowded in a way that America doesnt see...its likely to become gridlocked so that noone wants to go and do anything...I remember when I used to live in London...my GOD the Tube network during rush hour...was like something out of China with the numbers all squashed into such a small space...I am not kidding about how bad people were jammed into those trains...ive never experienced anything like it

Just look at the first three moments of this video...and look at the passenger levels...that is REASONABLE levels compared to what was usual in 2003-2005...imagine that PLUS a billion tourists extra for the olympics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JowTyzuosFw
Old 07-26-2012, 11:08 PM

Quote:
that might be the silver lining...but London...wasnt built for this...its got narrow, winding streets, its overcrowded in a way that America doesnt see...its likely to become gridlocked so that noone wants to go and do anything...I remember when I used to live in London...my GOD the Tube network during rush hour...was like something out of China with the numbers all squashed into such a small space...I am not kidding about how bad people were jammed into those trains...ive never experienced anything like it

Just look at the first three moments of this video...and look at the passenger levels...that is REASONABLE levels compared to what was usual in 2003-2005...imagine that PLUS a billion tourists extra for the olympics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JowTyzuosFw
Yikes! I'm sure I would feel claustrophobic packed into that crush of people.

Talk about a terrorist's dream, Dave, with so many people packed into those underground trains. I'm surprised y'all haven't had more terrorist attempts on the tube.

Where is the Olympic Village there, where all the athlete's will stay?
Old 07-30-2012, 04:28 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Yikes! I'm sure I would feel claustrophobic packed into that crush of people.

Talk about a terrorist's dream, Dave, with so many people packed into those underground trains. I'm surprised y'all haven't had more terrorist attempts on the tube.

Where is the Olympic Village there, where all the athlete's will stay?
The Olympic Village has been built just the otherside of the docklands around the Stratford Area. Basically if you were to start at Westminster Palace and travel East along the River you would pass Southbank Centre (South side) The London Eye (SS) the city of Westminster (NS) The City of London (NS) Saint Paul's Cathedral (NS) Southwalk Cathedral (SS) Tower Bridge, Canary Wharf (NS) Greenwhich Peninsular and London Dome (SS) Docklands (NS) and then come to Stratford on the Northside where the Olympic Village and Stadium are located..Wapping would be on the South Side and following that the Great Barrier...so its only just in central London.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeQb__1BV04 I think that looks much like Wapping on the South side with the blocks of flats...so I assume the Olympic Village is now on the otherside it looks something like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bB0W8xiqQ8Y which is so peculiar to watch since it really DOES look like the opening ceremony where the industrial revolution smoking stacks litterally rose out of the ground!

Unfortunately...one of the German Dignitaries took the opening ceremony a little to heart... and was seen giving multiple Nazi Salutes to the athletes as they entered...the footage has been banned on youtube
Old 07-30-2012, 05:37 PM

Quote:

Unfortunately...one of the German Dignitaries took the opening ceremony a little to heart... and was seen giving multiple Nazi Salutes to the athletes as they entered...the footage has been banned on youtube
That's nuts!