Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 07-22-2012, 07:15 PM

The prelims I watched were great. I didn't buy the ppv, and from what y'all are saying, glad I didn't. I don't mean to pile on, but Joe annoys me too...on a regular basis. He talks way too much in my opinion. To me, he's always trying to "anticipate" the action he thinks is going to happen next and lots of times gets it wrong. My favorite commentator is Pat Miletich.
Old 07-22-2012, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
Whoever did the play by play on this is on crack. Styles make fights...Barao was mainly a counter striker tonight and it worked for him. I believe that Faber can beat Cruz and I believe that Cruz will pose problems for Barao.
Faber is 0-4 in his last 4 title shots, sadly I think who ever did the play by play is dead on.

^this is what perfection looks like
Old 07-22-2012, 10:11 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Barao is legit, frankly I was surprised that he didn't finish Faber.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
Barao is legit, frankly I was surprised that he didn't finish Faber.
That was the first time I ever see him fight and I was completely disappointed... Faber was after him the whole fight and he didn't do much..

Equally as boring as the Kongo fight.

I don't see how you say he is legit.
Old 07-22-2012, 10:54 PM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max View Post
Faber is 0-4 in his last 4 title shots, sadly I think who ever did the play by play is dead on.
I just don't see how he is going to be a gatekeeper in a division where there are like 4 top fighters (Cruz, Barao, Faber, Mcdonald). I interpreted what the person said as he will never be a contender again, which is ridiculous. One, maybe two wins and he is right there again whether he has lost the last 4 shots or not.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
The prelims I watched were great. I didn't buy the ppv, and from what y'all are saying, glad I didn't. I don't mean to pile on, but Joe annoys me too...on a regular basis. He talks way too much in my opinion. To me, he's always trying to "anticipate" the action he thinks is going to happen next and lots of times gets it wrong. My favorite commentator is Pat Miletich.
Same here, Bon, I'd LOVE to see Pat come over to UFC for commentating.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 07-23-2012, 05:08 PM

I'm SOOO Happy that Urijah lost. Thank God we don't have to see him face Dominic again. Hopefully he'll have to fight more then once before he gets yet ANOTHER title shot as he is now 0-5 with his last 5 title attempts.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:28 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEJF9DawyR4

My recap video...I think everybody is being a bit harsh on Urijah Faber...he broke his rib and still competed to the end...but noone cares about that...he didnt demand an instant rematch as those who generally fail in the lower weight classes always seem to do...but noone cares about that either...finally...I have more time for someone who fails, but works his way back up...then someone who gives up and tries in a different weight class...noone noticed that point neither.

Bit harsh on him I feel....and most of it is jelousy...you all wish you had a butt chin too
Old 07-23-2012, 08:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post

My recap video...I think everybody is being a bit harsh on Urijah Faber...he broke his rib and still competed to the end...but noone cares about that...he didnt demand an instant rematch as those who generally fail in the lower weight classes always seem to do...but noone cares about that either...finally...I have more time for someone who fails, but works his way back up...then someone who gives up and tries in a different weight class...noone noticed that point neither.

Bit harsh on him I feel....and most of it is jelousy...you all wish you had a butt chin too

I agree with you Dave I am a Faber fan!!

What wouldn't I give to have at least 1/2 of his sex appeal!! LoL

My Girlfriend Has a Picture of Her and Him at the Airport That I took as her default Picture on Facebook! ask me how many times shes had one of us?
Old 07-23-2012, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyburn View Post

You seemed to agree with me a year ago when I posted this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Pride View Post
Let me start this off by saying I like Urijah. I like how he fights, I like watching him fight.

Now to the point,

I just read that if Urijah beats Brian Bowles, he will get another shot at Dominic Cruz and the title.

I have often thought that Urijah's chances at the belt have been...questionable. That is to say, I didn't always think he deserved them. Now I'm wondering WHERE this comes from. Urijah moves to Bantamweight and beats two guys and gets a title shot...alright. I know he was champ at Featherweight for awhile so I'll agree, give him a title shot. He loses and then faces one guy and if he wins he gets ANOTHER title shot? He was never even champ at Bantamweight why would he get another title shot by beating ONE person?

His past title fights that have bothered me:

He loses his belt to Mike Brown, wins one fight and gets a title shot. (I'm okay with this one) This seems to be the precedent when a guy has held the title for awhile, give him one fight then a rematch. So that's fine.

But then....he loses against Mike Brown, comes back a fight and wins (Against someone with 2 fights in WEC) and gets ANOTHER title shot....against Jose Aldo this time. He loses that fight, drops to bantam, wins two fights and gets a title fight against Dominic, LOSES that fight and if he wins against Bowles he'll get ANOTHER title shot.

*dizzy* my gosh. The guy has lost his last 3 title fights as a challenger in 2 years and we are going to give him ANOTHER chance? After beating just one guy?!?

Alright, off the soap box and done venting. Does anyone feel the same way?
Since that time, he did beat Brian and was granted another title shot and he lost to Barao.

I didn't think he deserved much of it...ergo I'm glad that he lost. I didn't want to see him win an interim belt and I didn't want to see him face Cruz.