Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 07-21-2012, 08:00 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRShrek View Post
but something is going on. These things have been happening on a regular basis since the early eighties, and they were unheard of before that. The mugshots of the ones who survive all have the same weird smirk. Creepy.
Oh it's absolutely spiritual warfare that is going on here.

There is this thing called "restraining grace" that GOD places over a society when His followers in that society stay faithful to Him. As Christians begin to stray further and further away from GOD (excusing abortion, legitimizing homosexuality, etc.) and the society begins to reject GOD more and more, GOD lifts that restraining grace and people's true nature begins to take over opening the door for attacks like this one.

And if that wasn't bad enough we still have Satan, who is the prince of this earth, running everything from our governments to our popular culture.

That's not a conspiracy theory, that is right out of the Bible. Which is why Christ tells us that we will be enemies of this world if we choose to follow Him.
Old 07-21-2012, 08:31 PM

I wish at least one person had a concealed handgun in that crowd. I know that it still would have been tough to kill the guy because he was wearing body armor and had an assault rifle ,but they would have had a slight chance to neutralize him.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post

There is this thing called "restraining grace" that GOD places over a society when His followers in that society stay faithful to Him. As Christians begin to stray further and further away from GOD (excusing abortion, legitimizing homosexuality, etc.) and the society begins to reject GOD more and more, GOD lifts that restraining grace and people's true nature begins to take over opening the door for attacks like this one.

And if that wasn't bad enough we still have Satan, who is the prince of this earth, running everything from our governments to our popular culture.

That's not a conspiracy theory, that is right out of the Bible. Which is why Christ tells us that we will be enemies of this world if we choose to follow Him.
AMEN!!!

I will add a couple thoughts.... some of which are totally off topic....

one is that the tribulation will occur when the church is taken out of the world, because the Holy Ghost(the restrainer) will be taken out of the world, leaving evil to run rampant.... i will digress further to note that satan does not know who the anti christ will be because satan does not know when Christ will return, and while he may have people ready to utilize as the anti christ, he doesn't know if he will need them or not... also, the anti christ will have to make a grand entrance, so already being famous or infamous will rule out anyone such as obama as the antichrist. hitler could have been a candidate, nero as well, and so on..., so I will agree with Nate and add my two cents worth saying that the Holy Spirit is not restraining evil as much because there are not as many temples filled with the Holy Spirit in the world

I also believe that the "creepy" coincdences are not coincedences at all, but are supernatural orchestrations

I question why there was a 3 month old baby, 4 month old baby, 6 year old girl, 12 year old boys, etc... at a pg 13 movie.....in the middle of the night

I find it amazing to hear some of the eye witness testimony that clearly depicts how unashamedly and obliviously cowardly some of the men were in that theater. talking about how they couldn't carry their dates out and still get out themselves(and acting surprised when they hear their date ended up getting killed when they left her in there), i heard one guy say his baby's head was exposed and stuck in between the seats but he couldn't stand up to help cause he might get shot, but he was bawling cause he "knew" his baby was gonna get shot.....

i know the feeling you get when you watch a good comic book movie.... you get to thinking you could be a hero.... I hope those people in that theater don't ever make that mistake again.....

I find it ironic that they were watching a movie where hundreds of innocent people are dying in the movie, yet we pay that no mind anymore in our society, we are absolutely oblivious to the carnage in the movies..... i would love to know a conservative estimate of how many people are killed in the batman movies, and i would love to know if anyone actually cares about them when they are watching the movie..... which shows you how desensitized we are to it.... then when a dozen people get killed in real life we are surprised..... "it's all make believe"... until someone dresses up as joker and shoots up a theater, isn't that what he told the police... he was the joker, with the orange hair and everything....

it would be nice to portray the victims families in the movies, but of the thousands of innocent victims in the movies, you never see what you see on tv right now....

I totally think satan can lead his people like the Holy Spirit can lead me and mine.... Satan can't read minds and such, but I imagine he knows I pack heat, and I don't think he would have his guy come in on a theater with a pistol packing christian..... I doubt he wants that outcome, and I do believe he considers that and that is a big reason I don't think there are more civillians with handguns getting to shoot these imbeciles in the act....

people need to stop idolizing christian bale and start cultivating some real character

Last edited by adamt; 07-21-2012 at 09:35 PM. Reason: clarification
Old 07-21-2012, 09:29 PM
Student of the Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamt View Post
sorry if i don't feel all that bad.... i'm not going to board the hype train that tells me how bad this is and then says we should "control" guns. I guess I shouldn't say i don't feel bad.... I just don't feel any worse than any other day considering the 1000's of babies that are killed, the dozens of people who are killed by alcohol, the dozens of people that are killed by tobacco, even the number of people that are killed by physician error every day.... why are we not lowering the flag to half staff for them? why do we not mourn them.....???? call me desensitized, but i'd be happy if there were only 12 people that innocently died every day due to alcohol or abortion, but since the government makes money off of it and alot of people utilize or enjoy it or whatever then that is a loss we are willing to endure and overlook, calling it choice....

guess that guy just chose to be a murderer, seemed like a normal dude up until he snapped,,,, guess he was just born that way and we should tolerate it. how else should i think, i am not allowed to consider morals or biblical standards, like absolute truths or something....
This was a planned act of violence against other humans. Your examples are not planned by someone (I am not going to include abortion because that all depends on how someone views the unborn child as a being). There are risks with having a surgery, using tobacco and alcohol, heck even driving your car and people are presented with these warnings. There should not be a risk of death by going to the movies or going to school (Columbine, Virginia Tech, etc.).
Old 07-22-2012, 03:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint13 View Post
This was a planned act of violence against other humans. Your examples are not planned by someone (I am not going to include abortion because that all depends on how someone views the unborn child as a being). There are risks with having a surgery, using tobacco and alcohol, heck even driving your car and people are presented with these warnings. There should not be a risk of death by going to the movies or going to school (Columbine, Virginia Tech, etc.).
what does it matter if it was planned or not.... in 2009 there were 29 pedestrians under the age of 15 killed by drunk drivers, that's well over twice as many that got killed thursday night and these were all kids who were out walking! Are you telling me that it is easier to go tell there parents that, "hey a drunk driver killed your kid, but it was not a planned thing, so it's cool, it's not like they shot them or something."

if there should not be a death at school, then there certainly shouldn't be a death while out walking..... and if "presenting them with warnings" makes it okay to cause or allow death by alcohol or tobacco then just warn everybody that there is a chance of someone shooting them at school or a movie

you say premeditated violence is worse, but i dare say that benefitting monetarily from others death, i.e. alcohol, tobacco, abortion, is WAY worse
Old 07-22-2012, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
It had to be terrifying for those parents, frantically trying to get their little ones out of there while trying to protect them from being shot. What a nightmare!

One thing that bugged me today, some of the news hosts were asking survivors questions like, "Was there a lot of blood?" It's like they wanted all the gory details. It just seemed so insensitive and distasteful to me especially after what these people had just been through!
Amen to that, Bonnie. I was appalled that some reporter "interviewed" the father of the dead 6 year-old girl. We quit watching all coverage after that.

I'm sick of seeing the murderer's face as well. I wish the media would stop sensationalizing these sick tragedies, I think they just play into the psycho's hands.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 07-22-2012, 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
I'm sick of seeing the murderer's face as well. I wish the media would stop sensationalizing these sick tragedies, I think they just play into the psycho's hands.
This is my main problem as well.... Not only do they show the next troubled soul, how this "Jigsaw" wannabe, executed every step of action, the reporters go into detail about what type of guns, ammo, and body armor he was wearing... Brutal!
Old 07-23-2012, 03:53 AM
LESS TALK MORE ACTION

Quote:
Originally Posted by NateR View Post

I stoped reading the thread here. This post is perfect! Bravo nater.
Old 07-24-2012, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheachea View Post
I wish at least one person had a concealed handgun in that crowd. I know that it still would have been tough to kill the guy because he was wearing body armor and had an assault rifle ,but they would have had a slight chance to neutralize him.
I tend to agree with this, despite the fact that you have to have gone through some pretty advanced training to be able to safely problem solve in such a chaotic and stressful situation.
Old 07-24-2012, 12:44 PM
Formerly Dethbob

Quote:
Originally Posted by huan View Post
I tend to agree with this, despite the fact that you have to have gone through some pretty advanced training to be able to safely problem solve in such a chaotic and stressful situation.
One guy silhouetted against a theater screen is not a complex marksmanship problem. Most civilian self defense shootings are pretty straight forward, ‘that guy is trying to stab me, BANG!’