Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > General Discussions > The Woodshed

Old 07-18-2012, 01:57 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

I was awesome 10 years ago, and im awesome now.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:19 PM

Old 07-18-2012, 05:21 PM
Formerly Dethbob

Ten years ago I had broken up with my girlfriend and been laid off from my job. My few lifelong friends had started a band years before which was cool at the time (high school/junior college) but as the years wore on turned them into self absorbed d-bags, and my family were scattered all over the country. So I had no girl, no money, no friends, no church and as far as I could tell no future.

Today I am nine years married to that same girl, have three boys, an awesome job, a cool and challenging church life, and as much friends and family as I can stand.

Ten years from now I will have three boys in high school... which is a... good thing, right?
Old 07-18-2012, 07:49 PM
Allons-y

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRShrek View Post
Ten years ago I had broken up with my girlfriend and been laid off from my job. My few lifelong friends had started a band years before which was cool at the time (high school/junior college) but as the years wore on turned them into self absorbed d-bags, and my family were scattered all over the country. So I had no girl, no money, no friends, no church and as far as I could tell no future.

Today I am nine years married to that same girl, have three boys, an awesome job, a cool and challenging church life, and as much friends and family as I can stand.

Ten years from now I will have three boys in high school... which is a... good thing, right?
Better than being that dad with 3 daughters in high school worrying about your 3 sons!
Old 07-18-2012, 08:14 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Well Ten Years ago I was moving between my second and final year as an Undergraduate of The University of Bradford. I had moved out from Halls of Residence as you must for your second year, and had settled into a "student house" which was so basic we all paid 15 per week rent (there were six of us) and when you put the light on in the cellar you could see it through the Kitchen Floor.

It was part of a terrace in Bradford between the University and boardering on Manningham, the red light district, where the Great Bradfordian Riots had occured in 2001, behind Haqs, an asian suppermarket, called Talbot Street...number 15 I recall.

The year started with the rat that died in the wall and stunk the place so bad we had to excavate the cellar wall under the stairs to remove it...some idiots had laid down poisen. Then I was attacked by a group of bikers who tried to steal my bag...I could have made it to the door of my house, but coz I lived with two other women, I didnt want the gang to know where I lived, coz they might through bricks through the window or pour petrol through the letterbox and light it...sooo I took the beating instead...but they never got my bag! )

Then the student house collapsed with all the other people having irreconcilable spats...and I had to go back into Halls of Residence after Easter. During the summer months I began work on my best accademic piece...my Dissertation thesis "ACTS of Aggression: Professional Wrestling, Cinematic Horror and The Violence Seeking Impulse"

In the Autumn I began my final year in Halls as all final years do, and was attacked again...this time it was when I walked home from the cinema after watching 28 days later...and I got beaten up by two Asian Youths and they did steal my bag that time

This Year would be followed by my Annus Horibilis

since then I have graduated and been to saint pauls cathedral in london and back. Now I have my own house, my own job...and within the next year or so will have my own transport also.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:40 PM

What a great thread! I love you guys.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 07-18-2012, 08:54 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
What a great thread! I love you guys.
we love you too Flo
Old 07-20-2012, 05:41 AM
Stump Rules!

10 years ago? I can't say
10 years from now? I can't even imagine. Just old I guess

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 07-20-2012, 02:53 PM

10 years ago, like Foxy, I was pregnant!

10 years from now...I won't be pregnant!
Old 07-20-2012, 05:10 PM
Formerly Dethbob

Ten years ago Matt was punching Dragon Ball in the face.