Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 07-18-2012, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
Rosenthal is one of the best Refs around Flo. He had an off day... we all do at work and on our regular days sometimes.

I agree that Mark could have gotten seriously injured... luckily he didnt but no more than Bisping when Hendo pulled one of the most disgusting and unnecessary hits the sport has ever seen.

He already admitted he messed up..
I could understand it better if it was just once but twice in a relatively short space of time is very concerning, IMO.

I thought he was a very good ref as well, Javier; now I'm just not so sure and one of the things I worry about is a fighter getting killed or damaged for life...

PS - It might have been unnecessary but I think 99% of the fans here (excepting Foxy) were rooting it on and couldn't wait for the replays and animated gifs.

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 07-18-2012, 03:42 AM

I didn't see the Munoz/Weidman fight either. Here's my ?...I know it's the responsibility/job of the ref to intervene and call a halt to the fight when an opponent is no longer defending himself, but, in such a case as Munoz, should the striking fighter take the initiative and stop hitting his unconscious opponent on his own when the ref isn't "aware" and is taking too long?

I know it's a fight, but how can you sit there and continue to beat on someone knowing they are unconscious?
Old 07-18-2012, 05:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
I didn't see the Munoz/Weidman fight either. Here's my ?...I know it's the responsibility/job of the ref to intervene and call a halt to the fight when an opponent is no longer defending himself, but, in such a case as Munoz, should the striking fighter take the initiative and stop hitting his unconscious opponent on his own when the ref isn't "aware" and is taking too long?

I know it's a fight, but how can you sit there and continue to beat on someone knowing they are unconscious?
I understand what you mean Bonie and even though it might have been a late stoppage it was a matter of seconds and its not like it took a long time for him to stop it after giving him a good time to fight back. I think you have to see it for yourself.

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/7/12/31...-fuel-tv-4-mma

Hear I finally found it

Late Stoppage was Amir Khan getting knocked out like three times in one round this Saturday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AoVL64zxCY
Old 07-18-2012, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
I understand what you mean Bonie and even though it might have been a late stoppage it was a matter of seconds and its not like it took a long time for him to stop it after giving him a good time to fight back. I think you have to see it for yourself.

http://www.mmamania.com/2012/7/12/31...-fuel-tv-4-mma

Hear I finally found it

Late Stoppage was Amir Khan getting knocked out like three times in one round this Saturday.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AoVL64zxCY
It looked like from the Munoz clip, Rosenthal was having a hard time "seeing" that he was out because of the position Munoz was in especially with his arm blocking his face. It looked like Rosenthal was attempting to get low in order to see better.

Yeah, I definitely think Khan never really recovered from that first KO. Crazy stuff!

Thanks for those clips, Javier.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:48 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

Quote:
Originally Posted by flo View Post
I could understand it better if it was just once but twice in a relatively short space of time is very concerning, IMO.

I thought he was a very good ref as well, Javier; now I'm just not so sure and one of the things I worry about is a fighter getting killed or damaged for life...

PS - It might have been unnecessary but I think 99% of the fans here (excepting Foxy) were rooting it on and couldn't wait for the replays and animated gifs.
Wow what a statement.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella79 View Post
Wow what a statement.
Yes, an accurate statement. Read the spoilers and follow-up threads of the fight then tell me I'm wrong.

Old 07-18-2012, 07:43 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

Quote:
Yes, an accurate statement. Read the spoilers and follow-up threads of the fight then tell me I'm wrong.
My comment isn't disputing who said what. Just a very mean thing to wish on someone.. But whatever.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:45 PM

Quote:
My comment isn't disputing who said what. Just a very mean thing to wish on someone.. But whatever.
A "mean thing to wish on someone"? My point is that Bisping is not a popular fighter here and most people enjoyed seeing him get knocked out.

Old 07-18-2012, 07:46 PM
I♥The♔COUNT

Quote:
A "mean thing to wish on someone"? My point is that Bisping is not a popular fighter here and most people enjoyed seeing him get knocked out.
Getting knocked out while already down? Regardless if being "here'' and him not being Mr. Popular around here still doesn't take away the fact that Henderson did that to a downed opponent. That was a douche move. Anyone praising that makes me question their logic.
Old 07-18-2012, 07:52 PM
Angry @ Injustice!

Quote:
Bisping is a pretty "mean" person....He's an English Hooligan, (the sort you imagine will riot and loot...the sort that would hang around in gangs on street corners..the sort you would cross over the road to avoid, so as to feel safe) and i'll never understand what you see in him....He talks shyte, he spits at other fighters, he doesnt even support half his own team on a TUF show if he thinks they will fail a fight.

You live by the sword, you die by the sword....