Old 07-14-2012, 07:46 AM
I'm kind of a big deal

Default RIP Sylvester Stallone's Oldest Son

This is the same son that was in Rocky V. RIP

http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-...002545563.html

Quote:
Sage Stallone, eldest son of Sylvester Stallone, found dead at 36

By Matt McDaniel | Movie Talk 6 hours ago

Sage Stallone in 2006 (Photo by Albert L. Ortega/WireImage)

Sage Moonblood Stallone, the 36-year-old son of Sylvester Stallone who starred alongside his father in "Rocky V," was found dead in his Hollywood apartment on Friday. The New York Post confirmed his passing with his attorney George Braunstein. Sources tell The Post that he likely died of an overdose of pills, and that a representative of the LAPD stated, "There is no suspicion of foul play or criminal activity."

Sage Stallone was Sylvester Stallone's eldest son from his first marriage to Sasha Czack (they divorced in 1985). Sage is survived by his brother Seargeoh, and his three half-sisters Sophia, Sistine, and Scarlet.

Sage made his film debut playing Robert Balboa, Rocky's son, in 1990's "Rocky V" when he was 14 years old. The film was both a critical and financial disappointment, with Sylvester Stallone telling The Sun in 2010 that the reason he made the sequel was "I'm greedy what can I tell you... It was a mistake because the audience didn't want to see the downside of the character. They wanted him to remain on top."

Sage also appeared with his father in 1996's "Daylight," but that year also saw him give up acting to be one of the co-founders of Grindhouse Releasing. Along with his partner, Oscar-winning film editor Bob Murawski, Sage Stallone's company restored and re-released forgotten exploitation films from the 1970s and '80s. Grindhouse Releasing partnered with Quentin Tarantino to bring Lucio Fulci's horror film "The Beyond" to screens in 2010.

Sylvester and Sage Stallone in 'Rocky V' (Photo: Everett Collection)

Reportedly, Sage turned down the chance to reprise his role of Rocky's son in 2006's "Rocky Balboa" to focus on his burgeoning career and a director and producer. The character was played in the sixth film by Milo Ventimiglia (TV's "Heroes").

Sylvester Stallone has not yet released a comment. Just yesterday the elder Stallone appeared at Comic-Con International in San Diego, CA to promote his upcoming action film "The Expendables 2." Stallone was joined on stage by Arnold Schwarzenegger, who makes his first appearance since leaving the office as governor of California in the movie.
Old 07-14-2012, 07:57 AM

How sad. I remember him from the movie but I didn't realize he was Sylvester Stallone's actual son.
Old 07-14-2012, 04:01 PM
MMA, VCU, & Doctor Who

Send a message via AIM to VCURamFan

Man, this is such a sad thing to hear, regardless of celebrity status. For someone to be so aware of their emptiness without God, yet simultaneously denying Him so vehemently that they try to fill the void with anything else. So sad.

Note: I obviously know nothing about Sage's spiritual status, but this is something that I've been thinking abuot a lot recently. I hope that he was a Christian & is in heaven right now.
Old 07-15-2012, 03:51 PM
Administrator

When they say that he died from an "overdose of pills" I'm assuming they are referring to prescription drugs. Otherwise, they would have said "drug overdose" if it was an illegal substance.

Seems that more and more celebrities are dying from prescription medication these days (Heath Ledger, Michael Jackson) and yet, because it's a multi-billion dollar business, it seems no one wants to step up and say that there is something seriously wrong with our current form of pill-popping medical "care."
Old 07-15-2012, 07:06 PM
Stump Rules!

Nothing has been confirmed other then the fact that the dude was dead. All the reports are from those gossip mags. Until the corner says what he died from it's all gossip.
No one knows how he died, if he killed himself, an accident of pills OR maybe it was an unknown health issue. Young guys drop dead all day across the the planet

http://stumpdotcom.com/
Old 07-17-2012, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCURamFan View Post
Man, this is such a sad thing to hear, regardless of celebrity status. For someone to be so aware of their emptiness without God, yet simultaneously denying Him so vehemently that they try to fill the void with anything else. So sad.

Note: I obviously know nothing about Sage's spiritual status, but this is something that I've been thinking abuot a lot recently. I hope that he was a Christian & is in heaven right now.
Very poignant post. I think it's sad as well, especially since apparently no one had checked on him for several days (I should say "allegedly" - I read a report that he had been gone for 3 or 4 days and even then it was the maid that found him).

Rejoice ever more. 1 Thessalonians 5:16
Old 08-31-2012, 06:53 AM
Stump Rules!

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...87U01P20120831

(Reuters) - Sage Stallone, the son of actor Sylvester Stallone, died of a heart attack and a toxicology report showed no signs of excessive drug use, an official with the Los Angeles County Coroner said on Thursday.

Stallone, who died at age 36 on July 13, suffered from coronary heart disease caused by atherosclerosis, which brought on the heart attack, Lt. Fred Corral of the coroner's investigative division said.

"There were no signs of an overdose. It was just a natural death," Corral said.

Stallone had a small amount of the sedative hydrocodone in his body, Corral said, but it was an acceptable level and one that could be found from taking over-the-counter pain medication. No other drugs surfaced in the toxicology report.

Sage Stallone's body was found in his Hollywood Hills home after family and friends became concerned when they hadn't heard from him for a day. A housekeeper went to check, found his body and called police, according to his lawyer, George Braunstein.

At the time, police said there was no sign of foul play, but speculation quickly surfaced in the tabloid media of a possible drug overdose.

Sage Stallone was the younger of two sons from the "Rocky" and "Rambo" actor's first marriage to Sasha Czack, whom he divorced in 1985 after about 10 years of marriage.

He had appeared in a number of films, most notably with his father in 1990's "Rocky V," playing the title character's son, Rocky Balboa Jr., and in the 1996 disaster movie "Daylight," in which Sylvester Stallone starred as a hero leading an escape from a New York tunnel collapse. Sage played a prison inmate.

Sylvester Stallone, 66, has not been seen much in public since his son's death, even as his new movie, "The Expendables 2," landed in theaters.

On Thursday, his spokeswoman said the actor had no comment.

The Oscar-winning actor gave a recent interview to the ABC News show "Good Morning America" in which he said: "Time, hopefully, will heal, and you try to get through it, but it's just something. It's a reality of life."

http://stumpdotcom.com/