Go Back   Matt-Hughes.com Official Forums > MMA Related > UFC

Old 07-12-2012, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.B. View Post
The belt was like a thin piece of Swiss cheese at the time...

Heck, the HW division is still trying to recover from the Lesnar era.

Silva, GSP, and Jones have significant title reigns over top competition in their division.
What do you mean by "still trying to recover from the Lesnar era"?

I feel like life is all about timing and Brock's timing in making the move to mma was perfect for him given the small pool in HW at the time. I still don't understand why people give him so much credit with impacting mma. And, I'm sorry, I don't think he should be inducted into the UFC HOF. I get he brought fans from the WWE and fans mean money, but that's no reason to be in the HOF. I thought the HOF was supposed to mean something; what does it mean when you see Lesnar in there with guys with records like Matt's and Silva's? I guess I've just never understood all the big fuss over Brock Lesnar. Was he even here long enough to say "era"?

Last edited by Bonnie; 07-12-2012 at 10:21 PM.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:34 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie View Post
What do you mean by "still trying to recover from the Lesnar era"?

I feel like life is all about timing and Brock's timing in making the move to mma was perfect for him given the small pool in HW at the time. I still don't understand why people give him so much credit with impacting mma. And, I'm sorry, I don't think he should be inducted into the MMA HOF. I get he brought fans from the WWE and fans mean money, but that's no reason to be in the HOF. I thought the HOF was supposed to mean something; what does it mean when you see Lesnar in there with guys with records like Matt's and Silva's? I guess I've just never understood all the big fuss over Brock Lesnar. Was he even here long enough to say "era"?
I mean the HW division is still recovering from an era that was lackluster but benefited from having a guy like Brock Lesnar around. The HW division is better now than it was 3-5 years ago, but it's still not very stellar in terms of depth. Lesnar got fast-tracked to the title, but he did win some big fights and he did bring a lot of attention to the company. I never said he was on par with Matt Hughes or Anderson Silva, but the man is an incredible athlete and a great wrestler who was UFC HW Champion, like it or not.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:54 PM

Quote:
I mean the HW division is still recovering from an era that was lackluster but benefited from having a guy like Brock Lesnar around. The HW division is better now than it was 3-5 years ago, but it's still not very stellar in terms of depth. Lesnar got fast-tracked to the title, but he did win some big fights and he did bring a lot of attention to the company. I never said he was on par with Matt Hughes or Anderson Silva, but the man is an incredible athlete and a great wrestler who was UFC HW Champion, like it or not.
Hey, I'm willing to give him his dues, just not into the HOF. I know when Randy was asked about Brock being in the HOF, he said he should be, but I wonder if he really thinks that. I mean, he might, but on the other hand, what is he supposed to say when publicly asked that?!

Do you think he should be in the HOF, JB? Now, think about it, don't be rash! Don't bring out any more ugly in me!
Old 07-12-2012, 10:09 PM
WAR CARDINALS!

Quote:
Hey, I'm willing to give him his dues, just not into the HOF. I know when Randy was asked about Brock being in the HOF, he said he should be, but I wonder if he really thinks that. I mean, he might, but on the other hand, what is he supposed to say when publicly asked that?!

Do you think he should be in the HOF, JB? Now, think about it, don't be rash! Don't bring out any more ugly in me!
A HOF in any sport is always a subjective thing.

Would I put Lesnar in the UFC HOF?

Druuummmrrrroooollllllll.....No.

Not at this point, that is. I actually do think Lesnar is worthy in some respects, but there are others that I think should be inducted before him. Somewhere down the road, I could see a Brock Lesnar getting inducted.
Old 07-12-2012, 10:12 PM
Hughes fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
Sorry bro didn't mean to cause you any proplems
cool - now I just look like a male chauvenist pig, but I dig it

Please consider England in your prayers!

http://www.intercessuk.org/iuk3/
Old 07-12-2012, 10:35 PM

Quote:
A HOF in any sport is always a subjective thing.

Would I put Lesnar in the UFC HOF?

Druuummmrrrroooollllllll.....No.

Not at this point, that is. I actually do think Lesnar is worthy in some respects, but there are others that I think should be inducted before him. Somewhere down the road, I could see a Brock Lesnar getting inducted.
Really?! You surprised me, I really thought you were going to say "yes". I'm happy now!

I definitely agree that there are others who should be inducted before him, if he's ever inducted. Dana White doesn't get to vote, does he? Talk about subjective! Who votes?
Old 07-12-2012, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Really?! You surprised me, I really thought you were going to say "yes". I'm happy now!

I definitely agree that there are others who should be inducted before him, if he's ever inducted. Dana White doesn't get to vote, does he? Talk about subjective! Who votes?
When do you think Dan White will be inducted? When he retires or before?
Old 07-13-2012, 02:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavierDLC View Post
When do you think Dan White will be inducted? When he retires or before?
Hmmm...should he get in before or after Brock Lesnar? Let's ask JB!

Last edited by Bonnie; 07-13-2012 at 03:00 AM.
Old 07-13-2012, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Hmmm...should he get in before or after Brock Lesnar? Let's ask JB!
Old 07-13-2012, 05:17 AM
WAR CARDINALS!

Who is Dan White?